Author Topic: Ted Cruz wows crowd, woos delegates in Monroeville  (Read 4414 times)

A-Lert

Re: Ted Cruz wows crowd, woos delegates in Monroeville
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2016, 05:11:48 am »
My point is that Trump is third in his own state.  And Cruz is first in his. And it is not close.. hundreds of thousands of votes.. to trump lossing his home state by over half a million votes.

I don't think such a point is hard to grasp.

So I still ask. Is a candidate who cannot win his own State a viable candidate?

Your comparing apples and hot dogs. Trump didn't lose his home state. He came away with all but a few delegates.

Trump is a viable candidate because he leads the GOP in delegates and popular vote. That you and all the Cruz supporters believe otherwise doesn't make it any less true.

A-Lert

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2016, 05:20:04 am »
Apples and turnips how? Because you say so? No deities or popes on this site as far as I can tell... 

Trump says this is about votes and who gets the most, and pooh-poohs small insider contests. Cruz got more votes in his home state than Trump did in his small insider contest.

And he couldn't even win Manhattan. You know, the center of business. :rolling:

Who got the most votes in the GOP primary? Who has the most delegates in the GOP primary?

Trump didn't win Manhattan because that is Goldman Sachs/Lehman Bros. territory....Kasich/Cruz territory.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2016, 05:21:46 am »
Who got the most votes in the GOP primary? Who has the most delegates in the GOP primary?

Trump didn't win Manhattan because that is Goldman Sachs/Lehman Bros. territory....Kasich/Cruz territory.

In Texas? Cruz did. He also got more votes in Wisconsin than Trump did in NY.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2016, 05:24:01 am »
Your comparing apples and hot dogs. Trump didn't lose his home state. He came away with all but a few delegates.

Trump is a viable candidate because he leads the GOP in delegates and popular vote. That you and all the Cruz supporters believe otherwise doesn't make it any less true.

Trump lost in vote count to Hillary.. by over half a million votes. And Trump lost to Sanders by a quarter millions votes. On his best day in his own State.

Ted Cruz beat the closest candidate in either party by over a third of a million votes in his State.. and that was Hillary... not Trump.

These are facts.

The question you spin around... is someone who cannot win their own State, as evidenced by massive shortfall in votes in the primary...on their best day... are they a viable candidate..

...... I say no.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

A-Lert

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2016, 05:31:00 am »
Trump lost in vote count to Hillary.. by over half a million votes. And Trump lost to Sanders by a quarter millions votes. On his best day in his own State.

Ted Cruz beat the closest candidate in either party by over a third of a million votes in his State.. and that was Hillary... not Trump.

These are facts.

The question you spin around... is someone who cannot win their own State, as evidenced by massive shortfall in votes in the primary...on their best day... are they a viable candidate..

...... I say no.

Hillary wasn't a GOP candidate, was she?  Trump was a certain winner in his home state and GOP turnout was low because of that. The dims were in a contest.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2016, 05:40:17 am »
Hillary wasn't a GOP candidate, was she?  Trump was a certain winner in his home state and GOP turnout was low because of that. The dims were in a contest.

Really, you're going with that.

I thought The Donald was all about those "massive" waves of voters he was turning out.

Guess they stayed at home and did not vote for Trump like Ivanka and Erick did not.

Anyways... you get the goodnight as I have work tomorrow.

Hope to see you in good health later.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Reaganite Republican

• Reaganite Republican
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2016, 10:46:20 am »
Perhaps I'm reading more into his speech then was meant, but I found it rather comforting and unsettling at this same time as he states:
“I come here this morning with a word of hope and encouragement ...  all across this country: Help is on the way,” said Cruz.  Regardless of what happens, I do believe that one way or another Cruz will lead us to restoration.

Ted Cruz has proven himself leader of the movement I'd most like to be a part of... for the long haul

That said, his sweep of Maine open delegates yesterday showed that Trump's momentum isn't all it's cracked up to be-
we'll see, I am still optimistic about Sen Cruz's prospects for the nomination