Author Topic: Kudlow Calls for Truce in GOP Civil War  (Read 842 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kudlow Calls for Truce in GOP Civil War
« on: April 23, 2016, 10:49:46 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=725399

Newsmax
Kudlow Calls for Truce in GOP Civil War
Saturday, April 23, 2016 02:25 PM

By: Cathy Burke

Economist and radio and TV commentator Larry Kudlow made an impassioned plea Saturday for conservatives to tamp down "personal attacks and criticisms" during a presidential race that's gouged deep divisions within the GOP.

On his radio program, "The Larry Kudlow Show," the former economics adviser to President Ronald Reagan made his case for "civility" during a 12-minute commentary at the start of his program.

"What want to say here is meant in a very positive, hopeful spirit," Kudlow cautioned at the beginning of his remarks. "Not a down spirit — an up spirit.

"This is a tough election… conservatives themselves are split," particularly over presidential candidates Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, he said.

"There's so many divisions and some of the divisions … have spilled over in very personal attacks and criticisms," he added. "My plea to my fellow conservatives and others is to please seek civility rather than acrimony."

"This is such a weird election," Kudlow reiterated. "We've probably never seen anything like it in our lifetime.

"Nobody's perfect, Lord knows. None of the candidates are perfect.

"I, Larry Kudlow, am not perfect," he said, "but my plea to my fellow conservatives and others is to please seek civility rather than acrimony."

Kudlow said he enjoys discussions and debates, "but when it spills over into the personal… hearts are broken."

Conservatives have "a big stake" in the upcoming election, he says.

"Conservatives are… still the most  powerful force in politics," he said, but "we lose that" when "our divisions are so deep."

"The infighting should be about substance not personality," he said. "It should be about policies."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Kudlow Calls for Truce in GOP Civil War
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 10:53:00 pm »
Tell the derelict you support, Larry, to stop making everything personal and start talking substance. When he does, we will.

I'm not holding my breath.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 11:02:24 pm »
Economist and radio and TV commentator Larry Kudlow made an impassioned plea Saturday for conservatives to tamp down "personal attacks and criticisms"

It's a shame that civility has to be pleaded for among so-called adults.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 11:13:21 pm »
Tell the derelict you support, Larry, to stop making everything personal and start talking substance. When he does, we will.

Wow so true.  Everything with Trump is personal attack and there is no substance.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 12:04:09 am »

Wow so true.  Everything with Trump is personal attack and there is no substance.

And that goes for a good many of his supporters as well unfortunately.  They take dissent personally!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

A-Lert

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 12:07:51 am »
And that goes for a good many of his supporters as well unfortunately.  They take dissent personally!

Since when is dissent  calling other posters stupid, retards, dumbasses, Aholes, sheep, trolls, cultists, etc.?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 12:12:45 am »
Since when is dissent  calling other posters stupid, retards, dumbasses, Aholes, sheep, trolls, cultists, etc.?

I don't know! Maybe you should ask your fellow trumpets!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

A-Lert

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 12:16:34 am »
I don't know! Maybe you should ask your fellow trumpets!

They aren't the ones calling other posters on this forum those names.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 02:58:09 am »

Right on

A-Lert

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 03:01:47 am »

Go ahead, give it the good old college try.

geronl

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 04:35:27 am »
Conservatives are not split.

There is only one conservative in the race.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 04:41:32 am »

:amen:  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Stosh

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 06:26:54 am »

Well stated...makes me wonder (frightfully so) how many conservatives still live in the USA

geronl

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 06:33:49 am »
Well stated...makes me wonder (frightfully so) how many conservatives still live in the USA

Some conservatives are wondering if they've woken up in an alternative time-line.

geronl

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2016, 06:34:33 am »

Oh, and welcome to the GOP BR