Author Topic: Trump Flip-Flops on Promise to Completely Eliminate America’s Debt April 22, 2016  (Read 505 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump Flip-Flops on Promise to Completely Eliminate America’s Debt

by Alex Griswold | 12:27 pm, April 22nd, 2016

In an interview with Fortune magazine, Donald Trump appeared to go back on his pledge to completely eliminate the national debt.

“You’ve said you plan to pay off the country’s debt in 10 years. How’s that possible?” Fortune asked.

“No, I didn’t say 10 years,” Trump said. “First of all, with low interest rates, you can think in terms of refinancings, and get it down. I believe you can do certain things to pay off the debt more quickly.”

“How much of the debt could you pay off in 10 years?” they asked.

“You could pay off a percentage of it,” Trump demurred. When pressed, he declined to state what percentage.

But that’s not what Trump said when pressed by The Washington Post ‘s Bob Woodward in March. On the contrary, he said he would completely eliminate the debt in only eight years.

Trump: “We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt.”

Woodward: “How long would that take?”

Trump: “I think I could do it fairly quickly, because of the fact the numbers…”

Woodward: “What’s fairly quickly?”

Trump: “Well, I would say over a period of eight years. And I’ll tell you why.”

Woodward: “Would you ever be open to tax increases as part of that, to solve the problem?”

Trump: “I don’t think I’ll need to. The power is trade. Our deals are so bad.”

Woodward: “That would be $2 trillion a year.”

Trump: “No, but I’m renegotiating all of our deals, Bob.

Incidentally, that claim earned Trump “Four Pinocchios” from WaPo‘s Fact Checker. “Trump is insulting the intelligence of Americans for making such a claim in the first place,” they said bluntly.

http://www.mediaite.com/print/trump-flip-flops-on-promise-to-completely-eliminate-americas-debt/

What again does are the positions of Trump?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
He says something stupid, then lies and claims he did not say it, they says something else stupid, and we are suppose to get behind this?

Most of the time he doesn't say anything at all but when he does it is always contrary of what he already said.

#NeverTrump
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.