Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

(POLL #1) VOTE! IF CRUZ IS THE NOMINEE, WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?

<< < (3/7) > >>

musiclady:

--- Quote from: Bill Cipher on April 24, 2016, 03:10:41 am ---Just another little quibble with the questions:  I would vote Cruz because I can deal with his policies and positions (I'm not happy as a clam with him, but the folks I preferred have all dropped out by now), not simply because he was nominated at the convention.  If being picked at the convention were the only basis on which I would vote, then I'd vote for Trump if he were nominated; however, as I have been at pains to make clear the last week or so, I will never, ever, ever vote for Trump.  Not in the primary and not in the general.

--- End quote ---

Agree.  There are LOTS more reasons that I would vote for Cruz than just "he was nominated at the convention."  He's a principled Conservative who knows and loves the Constitution.  THAT is why I would vote for him (or WILL vote for him WHEN he becomes our nominee.  ^-^ )

libertybele:
"If we lose our freedom here, where will we go? ... This is our fight.  And it's not enough for conservative leaders to just say they're leading.  They need to show it with action, not with just words.  They need to stand with you, rather than only asking you to stand with them.  And they need to listen to you, rather than lecturing you -- because only when elected representative in Washington start listening to the American people will we reignite the Promise of America."
   -Ted Cruz   :patriot:

A-Lert:

--- Quote from: musiclady on April 24, 2016, 06:45:42 pm ---Agree.  There are LOTS more reasons that I would vote for Cruz than just "he was nominated at the convention."  He's a principled Conservative who knows and loves the Constitution.  THAT is why I would vote for him (or WILL vote for him WHEN he becomes our nominee.  ^-^ )

--- End quote ---

The "principled conservative" hooking up with liberal Kasich?  :facepalm2:

elhombrelibre:
Many conservatives will stay home if Trump is the nominee.  His is a blatantly hostile, hostile takeover.  Three years ago he was a brazen liberal.  Now, as he approaches his 70th birthday, he wants to pretend he's a conservative.  Our memories cannot be so short that we do not see through him.  His campaign exposed very well his weird childish character.  And, if elected, he'd be all over the map because he has no core convictions, and certainly is not a conservative.  His supporters now often do not know or do not care what he says.  He could quote Karl Marx, Mussolini, Hillary Clinton, or Bernie Sanders and still get their vote.  And what almost is as bad is that if you were to quote him you'd think his words were that of someone who has no idea how to improve America, let alone make it great.   

A-Lert:

--- Quote from: elhombrelibre on April 26, 2016, 09:28:22 am ---Many conservatives will stay home if Trump is the nominee.  His is a blatantly hostile, hostile takeover.  Three years ago he was a brazen liberal.  Now, as he approaches his 70th birthday, he wants to pretend he's a conservative.  Our memories cannot be so short that we do not see through him.  His campaign exposed very well his weird childish character.  And, if elected, he'd be all over the map because he has no core convictions, and certainly is not a conservative.  His supporters now often do not know or do not care what he says.  He could quote Karl Marx, Mussolini, Hillary Clinton, or Bernie Sanders and still get their vote.  And what almost is as bad is that if you were to quote him you'd think his words were that of someone who has no idea how to improve America, let alone make it great.

--- End quote ---

What "blatant liberal" would contribute nearly a half million dollars to the Republican party over the last decade? What "blatant liberal" wants state reciprosity for concealed carry?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version