Author Topic: Priebus slams Never Trump movement, calls for GOP unity  (Read 7749 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Priebus slams Never Trump movement, calls for GOP unity
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2016, 07:04:54 pm »

Hmmm . . . my full quote included "How Nixonian".  I wonder why you felt the need to erase that?   :pondering:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2016, 07:07:25 pm »
Is this the new conservative strategy---lose with honor?  How Nixonian.

I don't vote for Democrats.  Trump and Hillary are Democrats.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2016, 07:09:06 pm »
Is this the new conservative strategy---lose with honor?

A person cannot maintain their honor by supporting someone they believe in their heart is dishonorable, whether others agree or not.

It's a difficult personal decision, and I wouldn't fault conservatives for theirs, not in this case. I had big problems with John McCain in 2008, but I wound up making phone calls and knocking on doors on his behalf. I did the same for Romney, about whom I felt a bit better, but who was far from my ideal. I even brought my daughter to an election-eve rally for him, where he made (in my opinion) the best speech by far of his entire campaign; sadly, it proved too little, too late.

But Mr. Trump may well be a bridge too far for me. We'll see.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2016, 07:11:41 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2016, 07:19:17 pm »
I don't vote for Democrats.  Trump and Hillary are Democrats.

That's hilarious coming from a Kasich supporter.  Why just a few days ago Hillary Lite was whining that GOP voters don't like his liberal Democrat ideas.  He's running to the left of both Bill Clinton and Al Gore, and this is primary season.  I've never seen anything like it, and no true conservative can be supporting him at this point.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2016, 07:20:11 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM&spfreload=10

:laugh:
That happens to be one of those movies that I am always embarrassed to admit makes me laugh my off.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:29:09 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2016, 07:21:32 pm »

Another one who edited out "How Nixonian".  Why are Cruz guys running from Nixon?   :pondering:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2016, 07:26:25 pm »
That's hilarious coming from a Kasich supporter.  Why just a few days ago Hillary Lite was whining that GOP voters don't like his liberal Democrat ideas.  He's running to the left of both Bill Clinton and Al Gore, and this is primary season.  I've never seen anything like it, and no true conservative can be supporting him at this point.

I'm not a Kasich supporter.  Never have been.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2016, 07:28:11 pm »
Another one who edited out "How Nixonian".  Why are Cruz guys running from Nixon?   :pondering:

I don't really know what Nixon has to do with it, other than he was a Progressive of situationally fungible morality.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2016, 07:31:26 pm »
I don't really know what Nixon has to do with it, other than he was a Progressive of situationally fungible morality.

Really?  Do you not remember the defeat Nixon wrapped in honor?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2016, 07:36:03 pm »
So Team Trump likes GOPe Priebus or they don't?  Which is it this week?

No matter.  I will never take part in handing Trump the most powerful office in the world.  Never.

Not only will I never vote for Trump I will also do everything in my power to defeat him! First in the primary, then at Cleveland, and, if necessary, in November!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2016, 07:36:57 pm »
Really?  Do you not remember the defeat Nixon wrapped in honor?

If you are talking about Vietnam you are CRAZY!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2016, 07:38:22 pm »
They are trying to mock you into submission.  It is as close to unifying as team Trump can get.

Nah. I don't feel like I'm being mocked at all. People sometimes commit themselves with enormous passion to a person who best expresses the sum of their fears.   

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2016, 07:39:01 pm »
If you are talking about Vietnam you are CRAZY!!!

:nono:     :nono:    :nono:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2016, 07:42:32 pm »
A person cannot maintain their honor by supporting someone they believe in their heart is dishonorable, whether others agree or not.

It's a difficult personal decision, and I wouldn't fault conservatives for theirs, not in this case. I had big problems with John McCain in 2008, but I wound up making phone calls and knocking on doors on his behalf. I did the same for Romney, about whom I felt a bit better, but who was far from my ideal. I even brought my daughter to an election-eve rally for him, where he made (in my opinion) the best speech by far of his entire campaign; sadly, it proved too little, too late.

But Mr. Trump may well be a bridge too far for me. We'll see.

Your experience almost completely reflects mine.

I'm taking it one crisis at a time.   I don't see how I can ever vote for a disgusting Progressive with no conservative values like Trump, but he's not our nominee, and I'm still praying with all my might that he won't be, and that soon this primary season will seem like a nightmare in the distant past.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2016, 07:44:11 pm »
Nah. I don't feel like I'm being mocked at all. People sometimes commit themselves with enormous passion to a person who best expresses the sum of their fears.

And sometimes their passionate fear and commitment to a savior causes them to mock those who don't share their views.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2016, 07:56:17 pm »
No.  The conservative strategy hasn't changed.  Vote your conscious.  There is no honor in voting for someone who you think will destroy this country just because they have an 'R' next to their name.  That's why we're in the mess that we're in.

But what if somebody doesn't think he will "destroy the country?"

BTW how do you predict Trump would "destroy the country?"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2016, 08:17:15 pm »

You can vote for whomever you want.  If you don't think Trump will destroy this country then by all means vote Trump. 

Trump's original claim to fame is that he is anti-establishment and he then states he needs to be more establishment.  Trump's next claim to fame is he will build a wall and then states he's rethinking the wall.  Trumps claim to fame is he will not allow Muslims into this country and then says he will allow rich Muslims into this country.

For crying out loud.  Anyone NOT see a pattern here??

I had posted several links previously laying out why if Trump is president we will lose the House and Senate.  That we cannot afford to do.  As Trump being a liberal, his  first point of destruction will be appointing liberal justices.  Secondly, I believe that he will do things in order to make himself wealthier rather than for the good of the country.  Seizing land and business by eminent domain is just one of them.  He has duped the masses just like Obama ... do I really need to say anymore??  Really??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2016, 08:38:05 pm »
I'm not a Kasich supporter.  Never have been.

You're a Cruz supporter?  I honestly can't tell because I've never seen you post anything other than anti-Trump posts.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2016, 08:41:58 pm »
You're a Cruz supporter?  I honestly can't tell because I've never seen you post anything other than anti-Trump posts.

He's never REALLY voiced strong support for anyone.

He confessed to be able to accept Marco Rubio....about a week before he dropped out.

Nope....he's just a rabid Trump hater with a purpose.

Oh....and he's also a good FRiend.   :laugh: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2016, 08:44:29 pm »
Not only will I never vote for Trump I will also do everything in my power to defeat him! First in the primary, then at Cleveland, and, if necessary, in November!

Good then don't whine when you put the Clintons back in the White House.  Be a man and own it instead of blaming Trump supporters just because Lyin' Ted isn't cutting the mustard with GOP voters.  He sure likes to buy the unbounded ones, though, and even some of those who are obligaTED to vote for Trump.

Offline Leto

« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2016, 08:51:42 pm »

It would be due to his utter lack of core beliefs.

When you changes all you positions when you are in your 60's, you never thought much about what you believe.

I know this because I an past 60. Especially issues like abortion, immigration, trade, taxes, foreign policy. He has been a leftist crony capitalist all his life. I simply don't believe he had an epiphany when he was 63 or so.

I saw his act in NYC when I lived in NJ for almost 30 years. The guy is a narcissist scumbag. I believe his campaign manager Manafort when he says of Trump 'it's all an act'. You may be ok with being played by a con man as for me I'll pass.

YMMV
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

A-Lert

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2016, 08:55:40 pm »

:thumbsup2: :hands:

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2016, 09:07:04 pm »
He's never REALLY voiced strong support for anyone.

He confessed to be able to accept Marco Rubio....about a week before he dropped out.

Nope....he's just a rabid Trump hater with a purpose.

Oh....and he's also a good FRiend.   :laugh:

He certainly isn't defending Cruz in the anti-Cruz threads.  So he has no GOP candidate...   :pondering: