Author Topic: Donald Trump: I Was Just Making It Up That Crap About Paying Off the National Debt  (Read 500 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
A mere twenty days ago, Donald Trump gave an interview to the Washington Post. In it he made this utterly fatuous and fantastical claim:

DT: We’re not a rich country. We’re a debtor nation. We’ve got to get rid of — I talked about bubble. We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt.......

....Now, as part of the program of making Trump appear lucid and civilized for short periods of time, Trump is backtracking from this claim… fast. Like this interview in Fortune:

You’ve said you plan to pay off the country’s debt in 10 years. How’s that possible?

No, I didn’t say 10 years. First of all, with low interest rates, you can think in terms of refinancings, and get it down. I believe you can do certain things to pay off the debt more quickly. The most important thing is to make sure the economy stays strong. You can do it in smaller chunks. You can do it in larger chunks. And you can do it in refinancings.

How much of the debt could you pay off in 10 years?

You could pay off a percentage of it.....

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/04/22/donald-trump-just-making-crap-paying-national-debt/

geronl

Almost a big a hoax as Obama

A-Lert

Redstate's hatred of Donald Trump borders on insanity.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Redstate's hatred of Donald Trump borders on insanity.

The headline is so ridiculously wrong I wonder why anyone would even post this article.

Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?