Author Topic: Donald Trump Thinks Men Who Change Diapers Are Acting “Like The Wife” "I"ll supply the funds and she’ll take care of the kids.”  (Read 1333 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/donald-trump-thinks-men-who-change-diapers-are-acting-like-t?utm_term=.yvRl5gRpR6#.pj7LgMb6bA

Donald Trump Thinks Men Who Change Diapers Are Acting “Like The Wife” "I"ll supply the funds and she’ll take care of the kids.”

posted on Apr. 24, 2016, at 10:30 a.m.

Andrew Kaczynski

“Do you actually change diapers?” host Anthony Cumia asked Donald Trump on the Opie and Anthony show in November of 2005.

The then 59-year-old businessman, whose wife Melania was pregnant with his fifth child and her first, responded bluntly: “No, I don’t do that.”

“There’s a lot of women out there that demand that the husband act like the wife and you know there’s a lot of husbands that listen to that,” Trump added. “So you know, they go for it.”

“If I had different type of wife,” Trump said laughing, “I probably wouldn’t have a baby, ya know, cause that’s not my thing. I’m really like a great father but certain things you do and certain things you don’t. It’s just not for me.”

The interview — one of many reviewed by BuzzFeed News — reveals a man with an extremely traditional view on the responsibilities a man and a woman have when raising a family. That view has already come under attack by an anti-Trump group, with one of his comments in a 2005 Howard Stern interview appearing in ad from the super PAC Our Principles.

“I mean, I won’t do anything to take care of them. I’ll supply funds and she’ll take care of the kids. It’s not like I’m gonna be walking the kids down Central Park,” Trump said in the interview. He repeated the same sentiment to Stern two years laters, saying, “Melania is a wonderful mother. She takes care of the baby and I pay all of the costs.”

Trump’s five children — Ivanka, Eric, Donald, Tiffany, and Barron — have been a highly visible part of his presidential bid and have all publicly praised their father as a parent. But Trump himself has described himself as hands off, and, in the same 2005 interview with Howard Stern, expressed disdain for his ex-wife Marla Maples for suggesting he walk their daughter, Tiffany, down the street.
“Well, Marla used to say, ‘I can’t believe you’re not walking Tiffany down the street,’ you know in a carriage,” Trump said. “Right, I’m gonna be walking down Fifth Avenue with a baby in a carriage. It just didn’t work.”

Trump added of his current wife, Melania: “She would take great care of the child without me having to do very much.”

And in 2007, again in an interview with Stern, Trump, asked if he stays home with his infant son Barron, admitted that hands-on parenting has never been his “thing.”

“It probably should but it never has,” replied Trump.

Here is Trump in his own words:
Trump in April of 2005 said on the Howard Stern Show that he would simply supply the funds and wouldn’t do anything to care for his children.

Audio at link

In another interview Howard Stern interview, Trump recalled how he was shocked to learn that his second wife, Marla Maples, was pregnant.

Audio at link

In a 2003 appearance on the Howard Stern Show, Trump said he married Maples because she got pregnant with their daughter, Tiffany.

“At the time it was like, ‘Excuse me, what happened?” Trump said he said to Maples when learning about the pregnancy. “And then I said, ‘Well, what are we going to do about this?’”

“She said, ‘Oh, are you serious? This is the most beautiful day of our lives,’” Trump said Maples responded.

“I said, ‘Oh great.’ So I said, ‘Do you want to get married?’”

In 2006, Trump said men who change diapers and care for the child are acting “like the wife,” saying he wouldn’t have kids with a woman who wanted him to do this.

Audio at link

Speaking with Howard Stern in 2007, Trump called Melania a wonderful mother for taking care of their baby while he paid all of the costs.

Audio at link

Stern also asked how daughter, Tiffany, was doing.

“I do see her and she’s a great kid,” Trump said.

“She comes to town, visits a little bit,” Stern asked.

“You know for about an hour, ‘hi dad,’ ‘hi Tiff, I love you Tiff.’ She’s a great kid,” says Trump laughing, saying he “glances” at her report cards. Trump said he would give Tiffany a future job at the Trump Organization if she had good abilities.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

It's likely the reason Trump's kids are so functional is that he had no involvement in parenting them.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online libertybele

The wealthy sperm donor really needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Let them hire nannies.

Trumpee Antoinette speaks.

Online mountaineer

It's likely the reason Trump's kids are so functional is that he had no involvement in parenting them.
Sounds like it. Ivana must have been one heck of a (single) parent.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ScottinVA

Yep. It also likely explains why they're all so much more articulate than he is. 

Offline Leto

Sounds like it. Ivana must have been one heck of a (single) parent.

I remember when Trump leaked to the tabloids in NY in the run up to dumping his first wife for MArla, heis complaints were that Ivana had implants that did feel real like Marla's tits.

The man is a pig and has always been a pig.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline NavyCanDo

Not surprised to find this douche bragging that he doesn't change diapers.  Never has, never will. Explain to me how that is being a "great dad."  A great dad is someone who shares in ALL the responsibilities - even the smelliest and nastiest ones.   According to a survey done by Pamper's  10% of men won't touch a diaper.  Are you kidding me?  What if you're the only one home with the baby?  (Yeah, right, if you won't change a diaper, you won't let the wife leave you home alone with the kids.)  You're just going to let her wallow in her own filth 'til Mommy comes home?

I am not ashamed to say I have changed my share of my son's diapers. But I also field dressed Elk, gutted bucks in my garage, cleaned the disgusting guts out of fresh caught Dungeness Crabs and Salmon while at the same time swatting at angry yellow jackets trying to get to my catch.  All smelly and nasty - but necessary.

Men who say,  "Ooooh, stinky poo, I can't go near that!  Yuck.  I think I might throw up!"   I don't call men at all.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Weird wrote above:
"I agree with Trump on this..."

Ya know, it's kinda "weird", but I agree with both him and you.

As a nation, a culture, and a civilization The West remained strong so long as it was fundamentally a patriarchal society.

That is to say, the males [mostly] worked and were the breadwinners, while the females [mostly] stayed home and nurtured the kids.

It was like this up until the beginning of the sixties, when "feminism" broke onto the scene supported by liberalism and "the pill".

Now we are increasingly transmogrifying into a feminist/gay/transgender culture where women are not women unless they work, hook up, and [mostly] eschew childbearing and homemaking.

And in the face of the most "male-dominated" culture on Earth (islam), The West is on the verge of collapsing. We're not quite there yet, of course, but the cracks are spreading throughout the foundation of the civilization The West has built -- just like you see in some old movie before the walls come tumblin' down. It's no longer a matter of "if", but more like "when".

Feminism is one of the fundamental reasons that islam is eventually going to win, and we're going to lose.

Now I'm not saying that we should put our women into burqhas. Absolutely not, what we want to do is keep them OUT OF such monstrosities.

But one of the reasons we're losing is because the men of The West have abdicated their responsibilities, and have refused to make it clear to women that if we are to remain a civilized society that can prosper instead of collapse, there are real limits as to how far Western culture can permit itself to be feminized. The failure to maintain such limits will result in a culture that will in time permit islam to accumulate power and eventually overthrow and enslave us. THEY have no equivocations about what their goals are, and how to achieve them.

And then, the women of The West will REALLY discover what an anti-female society is like!

Offline AnybodyButaDem

News from 2005.

I guess that's allowed for anti-Trump posters.

Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Sounds like he should have been your dad, then, deacon.  Wasn't that in 2005 as well?  Seems like current news about a current poster!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:07:15 am by AnybodyButaDem »
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
The first three words of the article's headline are wrong.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

geronl

Well, for pooping at the mouth try TRUMPIES....