Author Topic: Why Did Rush Limbaugh Stop Telling Us What He Thinks?  (Read 26772 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Why Did Rush Limbaugh Stop Telling Us What He Thinks?
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2016, 09:48:02 am »
Openness? Meaning what? Possibly consider? Scarey stuff, eh?

Trump schlonged the competition. What's McConnell going to do, reject a clear winner?

Donald Trump donated to Mitch McConnell

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2013/07/17/donald-trump-donated-to-mitch-mcconnell/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2016, 11:38:18 am »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Donald-Trump-Cruz-donation-PAC/2014/04/18/id/566428/

Trump donated $5,000.00 to the Cruz PAC

$60,000 to McConnell

$7,950 - Kristen Gillibrand

$7,900 - Chuck Schumer

$5,500 - John Kerry

$10,400 - Harry Reid

$4,300 - Anthony Weiner

$32,000 - Ed Rendell

$4,100 - Hillary Clinton (2002, 2995, 2006, 2007)

$50,000 - Rahm Emmanuel

$8,600 - John McCain

$8,300 - Arlen Specter

$100,000 - $250,000 - Clinton Foundation

100,000.00 to the Congressional Leadership Fund - John Boehner Super PAC

In 2010, with the rise of the Tea Party, Trump supported Democrats against conservatives.
    In 2014, Donald Trump supported the Republican Establishment as it sought to crush the tea party and conservatives.

Your lamesauce attempt to say "see Cruz did it too"...failed miserably.

You suck at trolling.  Go away and come back when you've gotten some skills.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2016, 01:13:24 pm »
They never have and because they are Liberal they don't need to.  Remember to Liberals the accusation is more important than any factual proof.

The threat of being called racist has cowed the GOP for decades.

Exactly. It's about time someone rose above those accusations.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2016, 07:10:59 pm »
Exactly. It's about time someone rose above those accusations.

So why nominate someone who feeds into those accusations?   Watching the alt-right embrace Trump is truly troubling to me.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2016, 07:38:27 pm »
So why nominate someone who feeds into those accusations?   Watching the alt-right embrace Trump is truly troubling to me.

It happened. Now unless we want Hillary for 4 to 8 years, we need to support Trump and hope he keeps his promises.

That's all we got.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2016, 07:43:29 pm »
It happened. Now unless we want Hillary for 4 to 8 years, we need to support Trump and hope he keeps his promises.

That's all we got.

What if you hope he doesn't keep his promises?  On free trade, for example?  What if you don't support punishing American companies for trying to compete in a global economy?  Or deporting 35 million Mexican immigrants in a reign of terror?  Or carpet bombing the middle east and killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people?  Or not reforming entitlements?

Who do I vote for if I don't want Trump to keep any of these promises?

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2016, 08:15:16 pm »
What if you hope he doesn't keep his promises?  On free trade, for example?  What if you don't support punishing American companies for trying to compete in a global economy?  Or deporting 35 million Mexican immigrants in a reign of terror?  Or carpet bombing the middle east and killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people?  Or not reforming entitlements?

Who do I vote for if I don't want Trump to keep any of these promises?

Free trade ain't free at all. [it's very costly]

Lower corporate taxes will bring those companies back home with more profits and jobs.

Those would be 'illegal' aliens who are criminally trespassing  in this country and who cares what happens to ISIS?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:16:28 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2016, 08:17:07 pm »
Free trade ain't free at all. [it's very costly]

Not as costly as protectionism.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2016, 08:32:23 pm »
I still maintain most of what Trump is saying on the campaign trail is to attract every voter he can.

Small business is the engine that drives America.  Not the corporations that fled to Mexico to build cars or cookies.

Soon as Obamacare is repealed, the economy will explode.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2016, 08:54:26 pm »
I still maintain most of what Trump is saying on the campaign trail is to attract every voter he can.

OK, good.  So that's one Trump supporter who wants him to keep his promises and one who doesn't.   :shrug:

A-Lert

« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2016, 09:40:57 pm »

Your lamesauce attempt to say "see Cruz did it too"...failed miserably.

You suck at reading comprehension. You must be a Freeper.

Trump contributed nearly a cool million dollars to the Republicans. $5,000.00 to Cruz's PAC. Wasn't Cruz a Tea Party guy?????

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2016, 10:53:38 pm »
You suck at reading comprehension. You must be a Freeper.

Trump contributed nearly a cool million dollars to the Republicans. $5,000.00 to Cruz's PAC. Wasn't Cruz a Tea Party guy?????
I am repeatedly assured that the contributions Trump made to the Democrats were 'just business'.
What is there to make me think that his contributions to Republicans were anything but 'just business' too, and not any more or less ideologically driven? Just because he made more to the GOP side doesn't mean he was in agreement with anything but the price of access or a favor to point to in the future.

BTW when you are a multi-billionaire, a million dollars really is pocket change.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Technical
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2016, 10:58:00 pm »
OK, good.  So that's one Trump supporter who wants him to keep his promises and one who doesn't.   :shrug:

WHich is worse?

A-Lert

« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2016, 11:14:26 pm »
I am repeatedly assured that the contributions Trump made to the Democrats were 'just business'.
What is there to make me think that his contributions to Republicans were anything but 'just business' too, and not any more or less ideologically driven? Just because he made more to the GOP side doesn't mean he was in agreement with anything but the price of access or a favor to point to in the future.

BTW when you are a multi-billionaire, a million dollars really is pocket change.

Just because he contributed to demonrats doesn't mean anything but the price of access or a favor to point to in the future. Correct? Or do you just think the GOP charges more?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2016, 11:26:59 pm »
Just because he contributed to demonrats doesn't mean anything but the price of access or a favor to point to in the future. Correct? Or do you just think the GOP charges more?
Good question, isn't it?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2016, 03:03:52 pm »
Not as costly as protectionism.

Tell that to those who lost their jobs to globalization. BTW, it's getting worse.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2016, 08:36:21 am »

Tell that to those who lost their jobs to globalization. BTW, it's getting worse.

45% Tariffs and threatening companies to move back to the states or else ain't gonna help either.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2016, 11:56:04 am »
45% Tariffs and threatening companies to move back to the states or else ain't gonna help either.

Obama has been threatening them. IMO, Trump would be using leverage.

If he creates are better, more profitable business environment, they will move money and jobs back to the US.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2016, 12:20:22 pm »
Obama has been threatening them. IMO, Trump would be using leverage.

Where exactly has Obama been threatening that kind of tariff?

If he creates are better, more profitable business environment, they will move money and jobs back to the US.

How is slapping what amounts to a 45% tax on imports from a country going to create a " more profitable business environment"?

Telling companies like Apple or Ford or Carrier bring your business back or else....or just lowering the amount of double taxiation on income that's already been taxed won't bring jobs back to the U.S.

• Technical
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2016, 12:38:05 pm »
How will slapping a 45% tax on anything make anyone "feel" richer? It won't.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2016, 01:00:53 pm »
Where exactly has Obama been threatening that kind of tariff?

How is slapping what amounts to a 45% tax on imports from a country going to create a " more profitable business environment"?

Telling companies like Apple or Ford or Carrier bring your business back or else....or just lowering the amount of double taxiation on income that's already been taxed won't bring jobs back to the U.S.
The Obama admin [treasury] has been threatening companies for moving their headquarters off-shore (inversion) who are trying to escape our 35% tax. [Obama needs that money for his agenda]

It's my understanding that Trump wants to lower the corporate tax rate to encourage companies to stay here and create jobs. I haven't heard about a 45% rate.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2016, 01:03:40 pm »
How will slapping a 45% tax on anything make anyone "feel" richer? It won't.

To the contrary, it will raise consumer prices and make folks poorer. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2016, 02:11:15 pm »
The Obama admin [treasury] has been threatening companies for moving their headquarters off-shore (inversion) who are trying to escape our 35% tax. [Obama needs that money for his agenda]

Link?

It's my understanding that Trump wants to lower the corporate tax rate to encourage companies to stay here and create jobs. I haven't heard about a 45% rate.

He'll back peddle on that here shortly...give him time.  He still wants to impost a 3% tax on the companies keeping their cash assets offshore...even though they've already payed corporate taxes on them in the country where the Headquarters is located.

Trumps call for a 45% tariff.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-45-tariff-chinese-imports-china-2016-1?op=1

That's an instant 45% tax on anything you buy in the store these days.

He wants to punish companies that move manufacturing outside the U.S. 

How is that going to motivate them to create more jobs in the U.S.?

• Technical
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2016, 02:15:14 pm »

He said he wanted a 45% tariff on companies leaving. This will no doubt be answered with similar actions by other countries, and will make our workers poorer.