Author Topic: Trump Backtracks on Pro-LGBT View  (Read 3627 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump Backtracks on Pro-LGBT View
« on: April 22, 2016, 06:48:53 pm »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/04/22/trump-backtracks-on-pro-lgbt-view.html

Less than 24 hours after saying transgender individuals should be able to “use the bathroom they feel is appropriate,” Donald Trump backtracked from that pro-LGBT position. Speaking with Sean Hannity on Fox News Thursday evening, the Republican presidential frontrunner decided that while he still believes North Carolina’s law overturning local anti-discrimination ordinances is “causing a lot of problems,” he thinks “local communities and states should make the decision. The federal government should not be involved.” This comes despite the fact that there was never any questions over whether the feds should have a say in the matter.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

Re: Trump Backtracks on Pro-LGBT View
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 07:00:43 pm »
Only 12 hours? His handlers are getting better.  Hey, He only has two more position changes to go before he's on to his next liberal statement backtrack.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 08:45:14 pm »
Only 12 hours? His handlers are getting better.  Hey, He only has two more position changes to go before he's on to his next liberal statement backtrack.

I'm getting to wonder if Sean Hannity is not playing a role here - maybe sitting with him before the cameras are turned on  telling him how to presumably move an unpopular position to the right a bit, giving him course corrections for the FOX audience. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 08:52:28 pm »
Ann Coulter ‏@AnnCoulter  48m48 minutes ago

We wanted Trump to stress his presidential side, not become a division of Manafort & Black.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 09:15:58 pm »
I'm getting to wonder if Sean Hannity is not playing a role here - maybe sitting with him before the cameras are turned on  telling him how to presumably move an unpopular position to the right a bit, giving him course corrections for the FOX audience.

To think that I used to actually like Hannity. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 09:30:48 pm »
To think that I used to actually like Hannity.

I know.  He has became Alan Colmes and doesn't even know it.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 09:31:37 pm »
Trump the Chump is a flip-flopping fraud.  Sean should be ashamed of himself for aiding and abetting him.

Hannity is Trump's main Cabana Boy over at FNC but Greta, Bolling and those perky kids at Fox and Friends (especially Kilmeade) are not far behind.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 09:44:19 pm »
Wow, that was fast..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

A-Lert

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 09:54:54 pm »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/04/22/trump-backtracks-on-pro-lgbt-view.html

Less than 24 hours after saying transgender individuals should be able to “use the bathroom they feel is appropriate,” Donald Trump backtracked from that pro-LGBT position. Speaking with Sean Hannity on Fox News Thursday evening, the Republican presidential frontrunner decided that while he still believes North Carolina’s law overturning local anti-discrimination ordinances is “causing a lot of problems,” he thinks “local communities and states should make the decision. The federal government should not be involved.” This comes despite the fact that there was never any questions over whether the feds should have a say in the matter.

Never any question whether the feds should have a say in the matter?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/20/us/virginia-transgender-bathroom-case/index.html

Transgender teen wins federal case over bathrooms, Title IX

A federal appeals court ruled in favor of 16-year-old Gavin Grimm, reversing a lower district court's decision. Grimm claimed the Gloucester County School Board violated Title IX, a law banning sex discrimination in schools, when the board prevented him from using boys' restrooms.

"The ruling from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit marks the first time a federal appeals court has determined that Title IX protects the rights of transgender students to use sex-segregated facilities that are consistent with their gender identity," the American Civil Liberties Union said.

A-Lert

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 09:56:00 pm »
Hannity is Trump's main Cabana Boy over at FNC but Greta, Bolling and those perky kids at Fox and Friends (especially Kilmeade) are not far behind.

Your "boy" is just a loser without friends?

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 09:57:11 pm »
Your "boy" is just a loser without friends?

Yeah, that's the conclusion intelligent people would draw.

Keep posting!

A-Lert

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 10:00:34 pm »
Yeah, that's the conclusion intelligent people would draw.

Keep posting!

Conclusion?  :silly: Intelligent people would see the question mark.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 10:56:22 pm »
Both the abortion and gay rights issues are no-brainers.

Americans now gleefully open their arms wide open for both perversions - regardless of the letter they wear on their foreheads.

IOW, Americans are a perverted society, and nobody cares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtNabdDx_mU

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 10:52:30 am »

:amen:
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 10:56:06 am »

(Not entirely original, but) Alan Colmes has the classic face for radio.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 10:59:15 am »

Wonder no more. Hannity could not show his bias any more clearly if he tried.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline eartick

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 11:50:42 am »
It was just a matter of time before tRumps handlers told him to change his mind on what he said. 

He has back tracked every negative statement he has made in this campaign, why not this one. 
Spent 9 years with buds on the border----a wall will not stop illegals.

Only Citizens armed to the teeth will stop this illegal invasion.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 12:59:08 pm »
Why can't we just go back to a system of absolute property rights?  If I own a business i should be able to do whatever I want with it.  If it pleases my clientele and displeases others, too bad.  If i want to have gender neutral bathrooms, I should be able to have them.  If I don't then I should not be compelled.  What is it about this concept that is so foreign to people?  In the end, these issues always come down to either right wing social conservatives or left wing do-gooders trying to force me to do something with MY PROPERTY.  Once we allow that, and the cat has long been out of the bag, in time there really will be no rights associated with owning property that cannot be removed by the tyranny of the majority. 

Offline verga

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2016, 01:23:11 pm »
I will Colmes credit for keeping Hannity "Conservative." After Hannity got his own show he began to swing more to the middle, now that he is shilling for tRump he is full bore left. He has had tRump on radio or television over 40 times. that is more than the other combined :beer:.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2016, 01:36:22 pm »
Both the abortion and gay rights issues are no-brainers.

Americans now gleefully open their arms wide open for both perversions - regardless of the letter they wear on their foreheads.

IOW, Americans are a perverted society, and nobody cares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtNabdDx_mU

Poor Happy doesn't see the difference between a Presidential CANDIDATE, and a First Lady.

Did we elect Laura as President, Happy?  Did her opinions matter that much?

Her husband was unequivocally pro-Life and proved it throughout his Presidency.

Trump is pro-ABORTION  and pro PLANNED PARENTHOOD, as well as clearly pro-LGBTQ agenda.

And YOU think he's Jesus.................
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2016, 01:38:04 pm »
(Not entirely original, but) Alan Colmes has the classic face for radio.
Yep, he and Carville. Ewww.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2016, 01:38:36 pm »
I will Colmes credit for keeping Hannity "Conservative." After Hannity got his own show he began to swing more to the middle, now that he is shilling for tRump he is full bore left. He has had tRump on radio or television over 40 times. that is more than the other combined :beer:.

I think you're right about that verga.  Hannity never has been what you could call a 'thinker' but with Colmes he at least argued from a Conservative perspective.

Now that he's drowning in TRump Koolaid, he's swung hard left and is unrecognizable as the guy who used to fight with Alan.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2016, 02:56:27 pm »
Why can't we just go back to a system of absolute property rights?  If I own a business i should be able to do whatever I want with it.  If it pleases my clientele and displeases others, too bad.  If i want to have gender neutral bathrooms, I should be able to have them.  If I don't then I should not be compelled.  What is it about this concept that is so foreign to people?  In the end, these issues always come down to either right wing social conservatives or left wing do-gooders trying to force me to do something with MY PROPERTY.  Once we allow that, and the cat has long been out of the bag, in time there really will be no rights associated with owning property that cannot be removed by the tyranny of the majority.

I remember years ago stopping in an open-air bar in Florida.  I pulled out a cigar and was about to blaze-up when the owner told me I couldn't because of the new laws there at the time.  It struck me and I said, "but you are the owner.  What do you think?"  He said, "it doesn't matter what I think".  It was one of those moments that stays with you.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Wingnut

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2016, 04:52:53 pm »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2016, 04:59:07 pm »
Does he or doesn't he believe in this law......only his hairdresser knows for sure.