Author Topic: Ted Cruz 'birther' lawsuit appealed to Supreme Court  (Read 570 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Ted Cruz 'birther' lawsuit appealed to Supreme Court
« on: April 22, 2016, 05:24:14 pm »
They've lost every single case but they just won't give up. Sheesh...

A Utah lawyer has appealed a lawsuit to the U.S. Supreme Court, alleging Republican presidential candidate Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is not a "natural born citizen" and therefore ineligible to become president.

Legal scholars say there is virtually no chance the high court will consider the appeal, partly because they do not want to encourage a wave of similar suits....

....For centuries, the courts have fallen back to the British common law explanation, that a "natural born citizen" is anyone who is granted citizenship at birth and, therefore, does not have to undergo any naturalization process later in life. Traditionally, that has included anyone born on American soil and the children of American citizens born abroad....

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/04/09/Ted-Cruz-birther-lawsuit-appealed-to-Supreme-Court/4101460240964/

Offline musiclady

Re: Ted Cruz 'birther' lawsuit appealed to Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 05:27:23 pm »
They've lost every single case but they just won't give up. Sheesh...

Wow.  They're so desperate to prove what just ain't so.........   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 11:22:55 pm »
Thanks to Donald J. Trump this remains an issue.  Trump is despicable.  Instead of going after Hillary, he goes after someone unmercifully in his own party.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline wiley

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 12:17:30 am »
Probably because he knows he can still lose the primary.