Author Topic: Trump: Hey, Maybe Hillary's Qualified To Be President  (Read 638 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump: Hey, Maybe Hillary's Qualified To Be President
« on: April 22, 2016, 03:36:56 pm »
http://www.dailywire.com/news/5183/trump-hey-maybe-hillarys-qualified-be-president-ben-shapiro#pq=xBLmr1

Trump: Hey, Maybe Hillary's Qualified To Be President

BY: BEN SHAPIRO APRIL 22, 2016

The Donald Trump campaign has soared on the back of two implicit promises: first, the promise to fight political correctness; second, the promise to fight Hillary Clinton using everything up to and including the kitchen sink.

On Thursday, Donald Trump proved that his “politically incorrect” shtick was just that – a shtick designed to cover for his blathering incoherence and congenital cruelty and vulgarity. On Friday, Trump proved that he might lay off Hillary, too.

During a rally in Pennsylvania, Trump said, “I don’t know, I think she’s qualified, I guess. But that doesn’t mean she’s good.” He continued: “I mean I actually like, he said she is not qualified to be president. Now, what he meant is because her judgment is so bad, so Bernie Sanders – not me – said she’s not qualified. So now I’m gonna say she’s not qualified. OK.”

Of course, Trump thought she was qualified when he gave her money. He said in 2012 that then-Secretary of State Clinton was “a terrific woman” working “really hard” and doing a “good job.”

Trump has called himself a counterpuncher, and indeed, his only sustained attack on Hillary Clinton thus far in the campaign came after Clinton accused him of sexism. At that point, Trump slammed Bill’s “terrible record of women abuse.” The Trump campaign deployed Katrina Pierson to state, “What you have on Hillary Clinton’s side are a bunch of people, including women – liberal women – who want to run around talking about the war on women….Hillary Clinton has some nerve to talk about the war on women and the bigotry toward women when she has a serious problem in her husband.” She added, “What’s interesting about this, this notion of being bullied is, I mean, I can think of quite a few women that have been bullied by Hillary Clinton to hide her husband’s misogynist, sexist secrets.”

But that was in the days when Trump was being “unpresidential.”

Now, we’ve been assured, he’s changing, evolving, becoming presidential. As Trump says, he intends to be “so presidential you will be so bored.” This gives Hillary an opening. All she has to do is avoid slamming Trump’s sexism – instead she’ll let her surrogates in the media do it – and thus avoid the counterpunch. Trump’s wild politicking style may apparently go by the wayside in order to temper his image now. Which is why he’s moved to the left on abortion, transgenderism, and taxes in the last 24 hours. Why not move left on Hillary, too?

The only remaining attraction of Trump was that he wasn’t Mitt Romney. What happens when the other Trump his campaign manager promises shows up?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Trump: Hey, Maybe Hillary's Qualified To Be President
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 05:06:56 pm »
I'm shocked..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 11:25:22 pm »
The name Trump will now be forever synonymous with liberal and moron.

Offline CaliGirl

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 04:00:07 am »
The name Trump will now be forever synonymous with liberal and moron.

Agree 110%! I just don't get Trump!

geronl

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 04:01:50 am »
Hint. Nudge. Wink.

ever closer to endorsing Hillary

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 04:14:37 am »
Dumb thread.  Obviously if he says she isn't qualified, his lack of experience in politics becomes an issue.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?