Author Topic: Video: On NBC "Today" Trump talks abortion, immigration and raising taxes (open to raising taxes)  (Read 3619 times)

geronl

http://www.today.com/video/trump-on-today-town-hall-abortion-exceptions-immigration-raising-taxes-more-670689347771

In an exclusive live town hall event on the TODAY plaza, Republican front-runner Donald Trump says that when people “see what we’re going to do,” his unfavorability numbers will recede, including among women: “I’ve said some things in fun,” he says, but “there’s nobody who respects women more than I do.” In response to a question, Trump says “I was against the war in Iraq” and that “ISIS was created by the way we got out,” but says we now “have to knock the hell out of them.” He promises another questioner that “we’re going to create a path” for undocumented residents of the country to come back to the country legally after being deported. He promises, “I will be so presidential, you will be so bored.”

Offline sinkspur

we’re going to create a path” for undocumented residents of the country to come back to the country legally after being deported.

He's recycling  Touchback Amnesty.  Moving left, as we predicted.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The rapid shift left on all issues. Called it.

Offline sinkspur

Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  11m11 minutes ago

Aren't Trump people insulted by how stupid Trump thinks they are? Or are they too stupid to get it?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kevindavis007

The rapid shift left on all issues. Called it.

I would like to see a Trumpster support this idea..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

So maybe Dirty Donald is transconservative.  He's really a liberal who is identifying for now as a conservative.

I like that... I'm posting it on Twitter..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline musiclady

So maybe Dirty Donald is transconservative.  He's really a liberal who is identifying for now as a conservative.

Oooooooooooo.................. that is REALLY good, RAT Patrol!   :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

Sigh. I gotta give this one to you all. You won the trifecta today.  **nononono*

Wingnut

0005 :beer: :word: 888bravo blij26 goopo

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sigh. I gotta give this one to you all. You won the trifecta today.  **nononono*

Sorry, Flowers.  I'm sure we'll have some bad days as well....

Offline Mark2959

The Donald is reverting back to his natural state. Which is a died in the wool, flaming liberal.

Wingnut

The Donald is reverting back to his natural state. Which is a died in the wool, flaming liberal.

+1

0005a

nice usage of  "flaming" in this threads context!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
We are about to witness one of the craziest developments in political history as the GOP nominee is actually going to run to the LEFT of the Democrat nominee on a number of issues, with the help of a large number of supporters from the hard right, who either don't know or don't care that they are being played for suckers by one of the biggest con men of all time.

Wingnut

We are about to witness one of the craziest developments in political history as the GOP nominee is actually going to run to the LEFT of the Democrat nominee on a number of issues, with the help of a large number of supporters from the hard right, who either don't know or don't care that they are being played for suckers by one of the biggest con men of all time.

Well said.   
It was always about the con.  It is the heart and soul of all things Trump. Always was. Always is, and always shall be.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 12:01:12 am by Wingnut »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
we’re going to create a path” for undocumented residents of the country to come back to the country legally after being deported.

I think we should try something different.  How does Touchback Amnesty benefit American workers?  Can I get an honest answer from Trump supporters?  I don't understand the draw.  When Trump talked about all the jobs going to Mexico from the air conditioner company.  Yet he was in Laredo Texas telling Hispanics he is going to get jobs back from China and Hispanics are going to get those jobs.  Why would Trump promise jobs by race?  Time to pick apart what Trump really stands for.  If you believe Trump is going to be the American workers hero please tell me how?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

goopo

All that's left to be seen now is whether or not he can really shoot someone on 5th Ave and not lose support.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
  goopo

All that's left to be seen now is whether or not he can really shoot someone on 5th Ave and not lose support.

Stay tuned.  Forthcoming on FOX News.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

In a span of 8 hours Trumpbot Wayne Dupress went from being hot and bothered ready to beat up any man who tried to enter the girls bathroom to declaring it a minor issue of no importance.

It's mental gymnastic. Trump won't build the wall. Trump won't keep any promises.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Lando Lincoln

Succinct and correct.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Frank Cannon

This isn't a win in any way shape or form. This is what all of us Lyin' Cruz people have been sounding the alarm about.

Trump has a long history of saying absolutely anything he thinks will get his way in a situation only to do the opposite. Just look at his promise not to use Junk Bonds in hearings about the Taj Mahal, what he did with the NJ Generals and the list goes on.

A-Lert

Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  11m11 minutes ago

Aren't Trump people insulted by how stupid Trump thinks they are? Or are they too stupid to get it?

Stupid? Like you and Michelle, Ben?  :silly:

Offline Frank Cannon

geronl

By tomorrow night this video might be called a fake full of lies, planted on NBC by the Ted Cruz campaign

A-Lert

How many died in the wool, flaming liberals do you know with a concealed carry permit who want to make CCP's  reciprocal for all 50 states, just like drivers licenses?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 05:39:45 am by A-Lert »

HonestJohn

All his supporters care about on this issue is the wall.  As long as there is a wall, everything is solved.  But it's got to be a big wall, a YUGE wall... maybe even a Great Wall.