Author Topic: Is There Not Cause to Fight for Conservatism?  (Read 357 times)

RAT Patrol

Is There Not Cause to Fight for Conservatism?
« on: April 21, 2016, 01:11:04 am »
Is There Not Cause to Fight for Conservatism?

By: David Serenda | April 20, 2016
- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/04/is-there-not-cause-to-fight-for-conservatism#sthash.GLYY6DQU.dpuf

History is the most effective teacher we will have in our lives, because it gives us the answers to life's situations. This is especially true with war stories, as they tell of great courage in the face of even greater despair. Allow me to take you back in time to when a fierce battle was talking place between the armies of the Philistines and armies of Israel.

As we study the history of this battle, we find both armies atop separate mountains with a great valley separating them. As Goliath, the leader of the Palestinian army, mocks the nation of Israel, they fear his great size and run and hide. Today we find a similar battle between liberalism and conservatism. Each army (the political campaign) is on their mountain (agenda) with a great valley (the place of battle) between us, and just like in this story, the liberals are the aggressors, mocking our nations founding and Judeo Christian values.

For 40 days, Goliath (liberalism) came out and challenged the armies (political campaigns) of Israel (conservatism) to battle, going as far as to say, “This day I defy the armies of Israel! Give me a man and let us fight each other.”  As the armies heard these words, they feared the giant and fled and hid themselves. From King Saul to the lowest ranking member of the army, they were dismayed and fearful.

Then one day everything changed as a young boy who had been watching sheep (he did not mind doing the inconsequential job), was sent to the battle field; not to fight but to deliver food to his brethren. As David (the average voter) stood in the midst of the armies Goliath stood, as he had in the past, mocking the armies of Israel. David heard these words a fire burned in his soul and he turned to the solders and said, “What will be done for the man who kills this Philistine and removes this disgrace from Israel? Who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he should defy the armies of the living God?”

Instead of fear and dismay, David burned with anger over what he heard and saw. Those were fighting words and David was ready to remove the reproach and disgrace that had been placed on Israel because their unwillingness to stand and fight. Yet, as he talked with the soldiers, David's brother (campaign staff) heard him talking and rebuked him saying, "Why camest thou down hither? And with whom hast thou left those few sheep in the wilderness? I know thy pride, and the naughtiness of thine heart; for thou art come down that thou mightest see the battle. And David said, What have I now done? Is there not a cause?"

We need a David.

Is there not a cause? David was angered at what he saw and heard and he was willing to die to protect the honor of his nation and his God. As we look around our nation today, I ask the same question of the conservative leaders, Is there not a cause today? For too long conservatives have run and hid every time the liberal movement has stood on their mountain challenging and openly mocking us. For too long the political experts have ignored the average voter, dismissing their contribution to the movement.  For too long the conservative movement has relied on focus groups and carefully crafted messages. When David heard these words, he was angry and responded with passion from the heart not a contrived response designed to appease.

Is there not cause?  Liberals pushed through an agenda that allow a grown man, who dresses like a woman, to shower next to my 11 year old twin daughters. Churches are forced to allow people of the opposite sex to use the same public restroom. We need a David.

Is there not a cause? Liberals pushed through an agenda that has murdered over 58 million little babies yet conservatives continue to run and hide every time the battle cry is sounded. From partial-birth abortion to selling baby parts for profit, conservatives have fled from the fight. We need a David.

Is there not a cause? Christians are being forced by the government to violate their First Amendment rights yet conservatives are afraid to fight. Churches and pastors live in fear, afraid to hold a political rally because if they do, they may violate some law or offend a liberal. Yet liberals hold rallies in churches across this country and liberal pastors preach politics from the pulpit. We need a David.

Is there not a cause?  Liberals have fought the battle aggressively to take away our Second Amendment rights. We face increasingly restrictive gun laws and have lost our right to carry a gun to protect ourselves. We have allowed our military men and women to be placed in danger because the conservative leaders are afraid to fight. We need a David.

I am sure we could list hundreds of causes in which the conservative leaders have abandoned us and refused to fight. From government spending to abolishing the IRS, the leaders of our movement have run away and hid in fear of the Goliath on the liberal side. Any time a David shows up on the scene and speaks out, they rebuke him and remind him of the size and power of the enemy we face. And like David, we need to remind our fellow conservatives and confront our enemy with the truth and boldly proclaim:

Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, [political strategy] and with a shield: [rapid response team] but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; (political agenda) and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: [political strategy] for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hands.

The victor and hero did not come from within the army (political class), he came from outside the political experts. David was just a shepard boy, but he was being prepared for battle. He was only there to deliver lunch but ended up delivering the victory. Who is our David?  Who will stand and fight back?  The victory over a liberal agenda will never come from the conservative political class for they live in fear of what others think; it will not come from our leaders in Washington because they fear the lobbyist, or the political strategist who look down on those without experience, or presidential candidates that are willing to make deals.

Our victory will come when millions of Davids show up on the battlefield ready and willing to fight liberals who mock, ridicule, and challenge our values, convictions, and constitutional rights.  We need Davids that are willing to destroy the liberal agenda, not compromise and make deals.  When the passion and anger is real, it must manifest itself with action; then and only then will you stand and say to those around you, is there not a cause?

\
David Serenda lives in Abingdon, Maryland with his wife and two children they adopted from Malawi. He runs a grassroots organization, www.reclaimdc.com.
- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/04/is-there-not-cause-to-fight-for-conservatism#sthash.GLYY6DQU.dpuf