Author Topic: 11 Times The Left Pushed Anti-LGBT Hoaxes  (Read 637 times)

rangerrebew

11 Times The Left Pushed Anti-LGBT Hoaxes
« on: April 20, 2016, 08:03:32 pm »
11 Times The Left Pushed Anti-LGBT Hoaxes

http://www.dailywire.com/news/5088/11-times-left-pushed-anti-lgbt-hoaxes-ben-shapiro

By:
Ben Shapiro
April 19, 2016

On Monday, a gay man named Jordan Brown claimed that he picked up a cake from a Whole Foods. The cake was supposed to celebrate same-sex marriage with the slogan “LOVE WINS.” Instead, Brown said, the Whole Foods bakery decided to rain on his rainbow, issuing him a cake with an anti-gay slur on it:

There was only one problem: Brown was apparently lying. Security footage shows that the UPC code on the cake was placed on the top of the box. Brown posted a video that shows the UPC label on the bottom and side of the box. Whole Foods released a statement:

Our team member wrote "Love Wins" at the top of the cake as requested by the guest, and that’s exactly how the cake was packaged and sold at the store. Our team members do not accept or design bakery orders that include language or images that are offensive. Whole Foods Market has a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination. We stand behind our bakery team member, who is part of the LGBTQ community, and the additional team members from the store, who confirmed the cake was decorated with only the message "Love Wins."

Whole Foods then stated that they would look into filing a lawsuit against Brown and his lawyer.

This is, of course, a stupid idea for a hoax. Whole Foods is not merely pro-gay, they’re a mecca for granola leftists. Couldn’t this delightful fellow have scared up a Christian bakery to scam? This is just pure laziness.

This is hardly the first time a leftist LGBT person has hoaxed his or her way into the news. Here are ten other anti-LGBT hoaxes that media glommed onto, but which turned out to be as false as Ellen Degeneres’ straight persona:

1. The Anti-Gay Receipt. In 2013, a 22-year-old lesbian waitress named Dayna Morales posted a receipt which did not carry a tip, but did carry a message: “I’m sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle.” The waitress received thousands of dollars in donations. One problem: she faked the receipt.

READ THE REST
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:05:11 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

Re: 11 Times The Left Pushed Anti-LGBT Hoaxes
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 03:29:31 pm »
http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/141926681-story

The pastor who claimed he bought a Whole Foods cake that had a homophobic slur written on it has decided to drop his lawsuit against the company.

Pastor Jordan Brown, who is gay, is a pastor of The Church of Open Doors, an LGBT welcoming congregation in Austin.

Brown claimed in April that he had ordered a cake from the North Lamar Whole Foods that was supposed to say "Love Wins" but it instead he said it had a homophobic slur on it when he purchased it.

Whole Foods called Brown's accusations "fraudulent" and released surveillance video from the day that Brown had bought the cake. It said that it planned on taking legal action against Brown.

On May 16, Brown released a statement to the media saying he is dropping the lawsuit. Brown said Whole Foods did "nothing wrong" and apologized for his actions. His full statement is below:

Today I am dismissing my lawsuit against Whole Foods Market. The company did nothing wrong. I was wrong to pursue this matter and use the media to perpetuate this story. I want to apologize to Whole Foods and its team members for questioning the company’s commitment to its values, and especially the bakery associate who I understand was put in a terrible position because of my actions. I apologize to the LGBT community for diverting attention from real issues. I also want to apologize to my partner, my family, my church family, and my attorney.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 03:36:50 pm »
@rangerbrew

It looks like the "pastor" has now admitted to the hoax.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:31:16 pm by Half Vast Conspiracy »

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 03:37:08 pm »
Today I am dismissing my lawsuit against Whole Foods Market. The company did nothing wrong. I was wrong to pursue this matter and use the media to perpetuate this story. I want to apologize to Whole Foods and its team members for questioning the company’s commitment to its values, and especially the bakery associate who I understand was put in a terrible position because of my actions. I apologize to the LGBT community for diverting attention from real issues. I also want to apologize to my partner, my family, my church family, and my attorney.

What he really means is:

I want to apologize because I got caught.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 03:40:05 pm »
Who is surprised by this?

Almost every instance of this manufactured hate crime stuff is phony.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 04:04:19 pm »

Almost every instance of this manufactured hate crime stuff is phony.

@alicewonders  Cross reference:    11 Times The Left Pushed Anti-LGBT Hoaxes

Offline kennedy

• No relation to those other Kennedys
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 04:25:10 pm »

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 05:10:03 pm »

What he really means is:

I want to apologize because I got caught ... and I hope this groveling will be enough for them to drop the counter-suit.

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 08:45:02 pm »
I want to apologize because I got caught ... and I hope this groveling will be enough for them to drop the counter-suit.

Thanks for the correction!   Spot on! :beer:

Offline markomalley

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 08:51:15 pm »
A reference for all of us:

Fake Hate Crimes Database

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 02:25:36 am »

What he really means is:

ha ha....yes.