Author Topic: New protein injection reverses Alzheimer’s symptoms in mice in just one week. (human trials soon)  (Read 787 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.sciencealert.com/new-protein-injection-reverses-alzheimer-s-symptoms-in-mice-in-just-one-week

Researchers have discovered that an injection of a protein called IL-33 can reverse Alzheimer's-like symptoms and cognitive decline in mice, restoring their memory and cognitive function to the same levels as healthy mice in the space of one week. Mice bred to develop a progressive Alzheimer's-like disease as they aged (called APP/PS1 mice) were given daily injections of the protein, and it appeared to not only clear out the toxic amyloid plaques that are thought to trigger Alzheimer’s in humans, it also prevented more from forming.‌‌
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline paladin712

That's interesting. I know interleukin is used to enhance the immune system and in some cases treat cancer.

Offline bolobaby

I get so frustrated with the constant stream of news promising a cure "sooper soon!" I've been reading the same headline for the past ten years. Meanwhile, my dad has now lost the ability to do math. :-(
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

geronl

just noticed it wasn't a credible news site.

darn
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 04:37:33 am by geronl »

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
just noticed it wasn't a credible news site.

darn

It's a website for science related news. What makes you think it isn't credible? It's well known to people that frequent science websites.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 01:20:27 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates