Author Topic: Cruz to Win Half Of Pennsylvania's Delegates, "Even If He Comes In Distant Third"  (Read 1820 times)

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Voters can't stand him, but Ole Ted doesn't give a rip about following the will of the voters!

Welcome to the Democratic Party Lite!  Maybe Cruz and Hillary can debate the best ways to bribe delegates into voting or them?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/04/19/nbc_reporter_cruz_to_win_half_of_pennsylvanias_delegates_even_if_he_comes_in_distant_third.html

NBC's Hallie Jackson reports Cruz has changed his focus to Pennsylvania and making a play for the state's unbound delegates. Jackson, the network's Cruz correspondent, said even if Cruz has a third place finish in Pennsylvania's Republican primary, he'll win more than half the delegates.

"It's very telling that's Ted Cruz tonight is not in Brooklyn or Manhattan or any of the boroughs or state. He's in Pennsylvania," reported Jackson.

"He'll be in Philly for his watch party tonight," Jackson said. "That's indicative of where he and his campaign see this race going, to Pennsylvania, where they are looking to make a play for these unbound delegates. Even if they come in a distant third, a top campaign aide tells me, they will still, they believe, pick up more than half the delegates there."

"They're looking at more than 30," Jackson said.

Pennsylvania allots 71 delegates in the Republican primary; 54 of which are unbound.

How Pennsylvania selects delegates, via The Green Papers:

Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Better Call Ted

Offline sinkspur

Trump is so friggin' clueless and incompetent. He was SURE he would have the nomination wrapped up by now.

Or, as is more likely, he had no idea that securing delegates meant that he actually had to field slates of delegates friendly to him and woo them.  And he had nobody in his campaign that had any familiarity with the process.

So, he will get his first ballot votes.  After that, over half of them are likely to go to Cruz, Cruz will be the nominee, and Trump will pitch a fit.

He will deserve it, though.  Hubris does that most of the time.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Trump is so friggin' clueless and incompetent. He was SURE he would have the nomination wrapped up by now.

Or, as is more likely, he had no idea that securing delegates meant that he actually had to field slates of delegates friendly to him and woo them.  And he had nobody in his campaign that had any familiarity with the process.

So, he will get his first ballot votes.  After that, over half of them are likely to go to Cruz, Cruz will be the nominee, and Trump will pitch a fit.

He will deserve it, though.  Hubris does that most of the time.

I hope Trump goes 3rd party at that point.  I think he could win a 3-way race if HRC is the Dem nominee.

Offline sinkspur

I hope Trump goes 3rd party at that point.  I think he could win a 3-way race if HRC is the Dem nominee.

By July, qualifying for the fall ballot dates will have passed in half the states.  Trump can't win if he can't get on 25 state ballots.

Even if he could, where do you get the idea half of Democrats would vote for him?  That's simply not the case.  Hillary would win a three-way race, easily.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 08:12:30 pm by sinkspur »

Online andy58-in-nh

Once again: there is no substitute for planning, knowledge, experience, and hard work in any endeavor. Those qualities - and not hubris - are how you win at anything.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Millee

Voters can't stand him, but Ole Ted doesn't give a rip about following the will of the voters!

Hyperbole much?? 

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Once again: there is no substitute for planning, knowledge, experience, and hard work in any endeavor. Those qualities - and not hubris - are how you win at anything.

The reality is there is no substitute for controlling the mechanisms of power, which is how Cruz and the GOPe are getting him delegates.  You control the process, you control the delegates.  Cruz' only role in the primaries is to deny Trump 1237, and he's gotten in bed with the GOPe in doing so, which forever tarnishing him to many voters such as myself.

What's funny to me is that the Cruz supporters can't figure out that this is all a set up for Ted to lose the general election so the GOPe can say "see, we told you silly conservatives that people like Cruz can't win."  I honestly believe they will do everything in their power to ensure Cruz loses the general election.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:00:28 pm by AnybodyButaDem »

Offline sinkspur

The reality is there is no substitute for controlling the mechanisms of power, which is how Cruz and the GOPe are getting him delegates.  You control the process, you control the delegates.  Cruz' only role in the primaries is to deny Trump 1237, and he's gotten in bed with the GOPe in doing so, which forever tarnishing him to many voters such as myself.

What's funny to me is that the Cruz supporters can't figure out that this is all a set up for Ted to lose the general election so the GOPe can say "see, we told you silly conservatives that people like Cruz can't win."  I honestly believe they will do everything in their power to ensure Cruz loses the general election.

You say that with a straight face, no doubt, yet neglect to mention that Trump loses the general election by a greater margin than Cruz does. 

How does Cruz control the process?  Trump doesn't even play in Wyoming, or Colorado and pulls all his people out of Georgia, thinking he's got the state sewed up.  He's simply unaware of what it takes to win the nomination. 

Trump WANTS to lose the nomination, I'm convinced.  Otherwise, he'd have done the research necessary to make sure he was the winner. 

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The will of the voters is to elect Bernie Sanders. Is that what you want?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online andy58-in-nh

"Controlling the mechanisms of power"?

What does that mean, exactly? Nothing. It's babble-speak for "my guy was out-thought and out-organized, so I'm going to whine now."

Ted Cruz is "GOPe"? Yeah, right. So is everyone who isn't Dreamy Donald apparently, to the legions of love-struck lemmings so willfully blind that they cannot see that they have hitched their wagon to an overgrown ass.

Ted Cruz is winning over voters not because he gives voice to inchoate fear and anger, but rather because he actually comprehends the source and nature of America's problems, and has proven capable of articulating thoughtful solutions, as opposed to The Donald's self-adulating monosyllabic verbal ejaculations.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Bill Cipher

"Controlling the mechanisms of power"?

What does that mean, exactly? Nothing. It's babble-speak for "my guy was out-thought and out-organized, so I'm going to whine now."

Ted Cruz is "GOPe"? Yeah, right. So is everyone who isn't Dreamy Donald apparently, to the legions of love-struck lemmings so willfully blind that they cannot see that they have hitched their wagon to an overgrown ass.

Ted Cruz is winning over voters not because he gives voice to inchoate fear and anger, but rather because he actually comprehends the source and nature of America's problems, and has proven capable of articulating thoughtful solutions, as opposed to The Donald's self-adulating monosyllabic verbal ejaculations.

goopo