Author Topic: Rep. Peter King threatens to 'take cyanide' if Cruz is nominee  (Read 622 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rep.-peter-king-threatens-to-take-cyanide-if-cruz-is-nominee/article/2588904?custom_click=rss

Rep. Peter King threatens to 'take cyanide' if Cruz is nominee
By Gabby Morrongiello (@gabriellahope_) • 4/19/16 9:22 AM

New York Rep. Peter King said Tuesday that if Ted Cruz secures the Republican presidential nomination, he'll take cyanide.

"I'm not endorsing Ted Cruz, in case anyone is confused," King told MSNBC the morning of his home state's GOP primary contest.

"I think I'd take cyanide if he got the nomination," the Republican lawmaker added, admitting that he cast his absentee ballot for Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

"I'm not endorsing [Kasich], but I voted to send a message," King said.

King also predicted that GOP front-runner Donald Trump will score "a big victory" in the Empire State.

Despite Cruz's victory over Trump in Wisconsin, King said any doubts New Yorkers had about Trump's path to the nomination almost immediately disappeared when he began campaigning in his home state.

"What you said about Wisconsin, I did notice after Wisconsin for a day or so people were wondering what happened to Donald Trump," King told MSNBC's Joe Scarborough. "Then he held a massive rally on Long Island. That really psychologically turned [people] around again."

Trump will hold a press conference inside his gilded Manhattan skyscraper at 9 p.m. Tuesday to address the outcome of the New York primary.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rep. Peter King threatens to 'take cyanide' if Cruz is nominee
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 04:56:12 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 05:22:19 pm »
http://freebeacon.com/politics/king-hate-ted-cruz-take-cyanide-republican-nominee/

Rep. Peter King (R., N.Y.) has never been shy about expressing his loathing for Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Texas), and he was at it again Tuesday on Morning Joe, saying he hated Cruz and would take cyanide if he become the Republican nominee.

Co-host Willie Geist read out a quote from King in which he said any New Yorkers who thought of voting for Cruz in Tuesday’s primary should “have their head examined.”

“What happens tonight on the Republican side? How big does Donald Trump win?” Geist asked.

“First of all, in case anybody is confused, I am not endorsing Ted Cruz,” King said. “I hate Ted Cruz, and I think I’ll take cyanide if he ever got the nomination.”

The Morning Joe panel roared with laughter.

King added he thought the polls would bear out and Trump would win handily in New York, although he added he voted for Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

King has ripped Cruz repeatedly in the past, calling him a “fraud and a hypocrite,” a “phony” and suggesting he go back “under a rock.”

When Cruz announced he was running for president last year, King went on CNN to discuss why he thought the Texas senator was a “carnival barker” who led the Republican Party over a cliff in 2013 with the government shutdown.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 05:50:03 pm »
True Liberal RINO's back Trump, we get it

A-Lert

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 05:57:15 pm »

Like Jeff Sessions and Clint Eastwood! :bigsilly:

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 06:50:48 pm »

From King......
although he added he voted for Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 07:05:55 pm »
Not surprising.   Peter King's ACU Conservative rating in the past two years were 48 and 36.    I'm sure he feels no fellowship with a stanuch Conservative Texan like Ted Cruz.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:07:09 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 07:21:46 pm »

Except he voted for Kasich.  Did you read the article?
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 09:12:33 pm »
Go, Pete, go!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 09:20:31 pm »
I would love to see this piece of garage take a dirt nap. He is a terrorist loving loser.