Author Topic: Intellectual Dishonesty, Ted Cruz Supporters, and The TPA Argument…  (Read 4166 times)

A-Lert

Re: Intellectual Dishonesty, Ted Cruz Supporters, and The TPA Argument…
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 01:09:35 am »
Identify one "Cruztard" site, please.

We know Trump's lackeys—Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, Drudge. Name one that has anything comparable to that in Cruz's favor.

Paraphrasing the hefty one,

This isn't the Spanish Inquisition, is it?

Someone can post whatever they feel like without citations or footnotes. Otherwise anything positive about Cruz  would be banned for being an outright lie.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 01:34:33 am »
Paraphrasing the hefty one,

This isn't the Spanish Inquisition, is it?

Someone can post whatever they feel like without citations or footnotes. Otherwise anything positive about Cruz  would be banned for being an outright lie.
You managed to falsely slander a political candidate just to rile someone up and dodge my request at the same time.

You're nothing but a troll. I don't know what Ted Cruz did to you, but that's no excuse to take it out on everyone here.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 01:38:05 am »
Heck, @A-Lert , with as much as you stalk me, I don't know what *I* did to you. I'm just a guy behind a keyboard killing time on my day off.

A-Lert

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 01:42:10 am »
Heck, @A-Lert , with as much as you stalk me, I don't know what *I* did to you. I'm just a guy behind a keyboard killing time on my day off.

Stalk? Your delusions are hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 01:54:06 am »
Stalk? Your delusions are hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.
He posted a mere four minutes afterward. Stalker.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 12:05:04 pm »
Shouldn't this be in Blogs?  ConservativeTreehouse is not even close to being a news site.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 12:41:49 pm »
Good grief!!  I'll post it again!  IMHO One of Cruz's best speeches to date.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhO2r3lEfwo
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 12:53:15 pm »
Identify one "Cruztard" site, please.

We know Trump's lackeys—Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, Drudge. Name one that has anything comparable to that in Cruz's favor.

You forgot the biggest: Fox News.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 01:51:32 pm »
Just to try to get this back on track a bit, the actual intellectual dishonesty is the title and accusation in the article. From my post earlier in the thread...

Here is the deal on the original charge though. Cruz was a "No" on TPA.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/420181/cruz-now-no-tpa-andrew-c-mccarthy

It changed to what he called a 'slight of hand' that lowered the voting threshold to 51 and other 'fast track' components. He was for it when it was a transparency bill requiring full disclosure of the TPP.

He said McConnell initially lied about what was in the bill. NR has his letter about why he opposes TPA.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2016, 02:39:11 pm »
:silly:  Thank you Frank, you settled my question elsewhere.

000hehehehe
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2016, 02:53:07 pm »
Looks like it. I checked and they actually pulled an article by Mark Levin calling out the Conservative Treehouse as fake, so they sided with a known BS site over Mark Levin. Pretty telling.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3387569/posts

Would have thought that about Mark Levin in the past, until he started his blatant shilling for Ted Cruz.  He's lost all veneer of objectivity, he and the National Review are mouthpieces for Cruz.  They have a definite agenda - so I don't think they have any more, or any less, credibility than the Conservative Treehouse and other sites that favor Trump. 

Why don't we just post opinion pieces in the Blog and Opinion section and let everybody decide for themselves?  I'm not real cool with a list of websites from which we are not supposed to post from.  WHO makes the list?  From what arbitrary checks are they judged?  Some of them are blatantly obvious - and I do appreciate a list of hoax/fraud/satire sites.  That is good information.  But some of the other more opinion type sites should be OK to post from, as long as it's in the right category. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2016, 03:48:17 pm »
Would have thought that about Mark Levin in the past, until he started his blatant shilling for Ted Cruz.  He's lost all veneer of objectivity, he and the National Review are mouthpieces for Cruz.  They have a definite agenda - so I don't think they have any more, or any less, credibility than the Conservative Treehouse and other sites that favor Trump. 

Why don't we just post opinion pieces in the Blog and Opinion section and let everybody decide for themselves?  I'm not real cool with a list of websites from which we are not supposed to post from.  WHO makes the list?  From what arbitrary checks are they judged?  Some of them are blatantly obvious - and I do appreciate a list of hoax/fraud/satire sites.  That is good information.  But some of the other more opinion type sites should be OK to post from, as long as it's in the right category.

The list of 'fake' or clickbait websites isn't a ban list, but an awareness list. The list is mostly from fakenewswatch.com but if Snopes discovers one (they have some pretty comprehensive lists) or if there is an external, credible source confirming it (Sorry, but I do consider Levin still a very credible/respected source even if some don't like who he endorses) that's when I'll add them. They are not random or put on by our opinion. Example, Prntly and the Marshall Report are known fake news sites with out question but I didn't add them until I had this confirmation from The Washington Post who investigated them. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/04/02/in-the-year-of-trump-a-made-up-news-website-run-by-an-ex-convict-finds-success/

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2016, 04:57:05 pm »
The list of 'fake' or clickbait websites isn't a ban list, but an awareness list. The list is mostly from fakenewswatch.com but if Snopes discovers one (they have some pretty comprehensive lists) or if there is an external, credible source confirming it (Sorry, but I do consider Levin still a very credible/respected source even if some don't like who he endorses) that's when I'll add them. They are not random or put on by our opinion. Example, Prntly and the Marshall Report are known fake news sites with out question but I didn't add them until I had this confirmation from The Washington Post who investigated them. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/04/02/in-the-year-of-trump-a-made-up-news-website-run-by-an-ex-convict-finds-success/

I appreciate the effort you've put in this, it is very informative.  I misunderstood, was thinking we weren't supposed to post from them.  I like to read from a variety of sources, many times I've read something from an "alternative" site that caused something to click in my mind, caused me to look at it differently. 

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2016, 09:29:09 pm »
Good grief!!  I'll post it again!  IMHO One of Cruz's best speeches to date.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhO2r3lEfwo

Very good speech indeed.  Purge going on at Freerepublic.  Hopefully, those who express pro-Cruz wishes can post here.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:29:47 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

A-Lert

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2016, 09:32:09 pm »
Very good speech indeed.  Purge going on at Freerepublic.  Hopefully, those who express pro-Cruz wishes can post here.

This is an obvious pro-Cruz, Hillary before Trump, forum. Welcome.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2016, 09:34:31 pm »

Invite those you can.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2016, 09:37:18 pm »
We know that.  But they are related. TPA is the legislation that put the TPP on a fast track and lowered the threshold to a simple 51 votes for passage.

Reminds me of Kerry voting for the $87b before he voted against it.

Cruz and Ryan were doing the bidding of their GOPe masters, and Cruz then could vote no on TPP to keep his "conservative" credentials intact.

I'm not dumb enough to be fooled by Cruz anymore.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2016, 09:42:20 pm »
Reminds me of Kerry voting for the $87b before he voted against it.

Cruz and Ryan were doing the bidding of their GOPe masters, and Cruz then could vote no on TPP to keep his "conservative" credentials intact.

I'm not dumb enough to be fooled by Cruz anymore.

But, you'll let DT fool you all day long?   

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2016, 09:44:55 pm »
Invite those you can.

Well I will vote for Trump before Hillary.  Is it ok to be for Cruz in the primary and Trump in the general on this forum if it comes to that?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:46:06 pm by LonestarDream »

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2016, 09:47:20 pm »
Invite those you can.

One of those zotted already had this website in their tag line.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2016, 09:50:23 pm »
One of those zotted already had this website in their tag line.

Yes, @Bigun is here and is a big presence at this site!

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2016, 09:58:13 pm »
Yes, @Bigun is here and is a big presence at this site!

Well, am not about the vitriol.  There is plenty of that.  But support of Cruz in some sites is not welcome.

So I will respect the wishes of whichever site I am on.  Never had a DU login, lol

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2016, 10:07:48 pm »
Well, am not about the vitriol.  There is plenty of that.  But support of Cruz in some sites is not welcome.

So I will respect the wishes of whichever site I am on.  Never had a DU login, lol

I did have a DU login a long time ago.  Used to go in and drop little factoids and questions here and there.  I don't remember if I got kicked out or just quit logging in.  They're hopeless.  No point in wasting time or electrons.

A-Lert

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2016, 10:14:59 pm »
Well I will vote for Trump before Hillary.  Is it ok to be for Cruz in the primary and Trump in the general on this forum if it comes to that?

Careful....even hinting at supporting Trump can get you the scumbag label from the anti-Trumps. The Trump supporters here are by and large a pretty friendly lot.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2016, 10:28:54 pm »
That is interesting. 

So are you saying that there are Hillary supporters on a site that has a picture of Ronald Reagan?

Or are you saying that there is a NeverTrump sentiment here to include supporting Hillary and that is OK?