Author Topic: GOP rules fight caps weekend in politics  (Read 942 times)

HAPPY2BME

GOP rules fight caps weekend in politics
« on: April 18, 2016, 04:18:01 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/17/politics/republican-rules-fight-2016-election-weekend-wrap/index.html
By Eric Bradner, CNN

Updated 11:32 AM ET, Mon April 18, 2016

GOP rules fight erupts

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus on Sunday pushed back against Donald Trump's assertion that the nominating process is "rigged" to block him.

Priebus dismissed Trump's comments as "rhetoric" and "hyperbole" in an interview with CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union." He said: "Since I know what the truth is, I don't really worry about it because I know what is right and I know what is wrong."

Priebus has been playing defense for more than a week, beating back charges from Donald Trump that the party has "rigged" the nominating fight against him. Trump was at it again Sunday, tweeting: "Lyin' Ted Cruz can't get votes (I am millions ahead of him) so he has to get his delegates from the Republican bosses. It won't work!"

And Trump told The Washington Post in an interview published Sunday, he's not sure he'll keep Priebus as chairman of the Republican National Committee if he becomes the nominee

"I don't know. I haven't made the determination," he said Sunday.

HAPPY2BME

Re: GOP rules fight caps weekend in politics
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 04:18:27 pm »
Is there any dumber creature than a Republican?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 04:33:56 pm »
Is there a more arrogant, lying sonofabitch than Donald Trump?  He doesn't get to decide who the head of the RNC is.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 04:41:29 pm »
Is there a more arrogant, lying sonofabitch than Donald Trump?  He doesn't get to decide who the head of the RNC is.

Nor does he get to dictate the rules!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 05:34:18 pm »
Is there any dumber creature than a Republican?

A Trumpican

[attachment deleted by admin]

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 10:03:53 pm »
April 17, 2016, 10:04 am

RNC chief: No changes to delegate requirement likely

By Jessie Hellmann

Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus said Sunday the GOP likely won't change a rule that requires candidates to have 1,237 delegates to clinch the GOP presidential nomination.

"Having a plurality of the delegates means the field has the majority. You have to have the majority, it's the United States of America," Priebus said on CNN's "State of the Union." "The majority rules, and that is an American concept I can't imagine us turning our backs on."

GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump has said repeatedly that he should receive the party's nomination if he has more delegates than his opponents, even if he hasn't reached 1,237.

Trump has ramped up his attacks against the RNC in the past week, accusing party officials of "canceling the vote" in Colorado, which had a convention to award delegates instead of a primary of caucus.

Opponent Ted Cruz shut Trump out of delegates in that state, taking all 34. Similarly, the Texas senator won the vast majority of Wyoming's delegates in its convention during the past month, adding another 23 to his delegate count.

Priebus maintained Sunday that state parties, not the RNC, decide their individual delegate processes, which have been finalized since last October.

"The process has been going on for a month in each of the state's where there's been a convention," Priebus said. "It's not a matter of party insiders. It's a matter of 2,400 grassroots activists, and whatever they want to do, they can do."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/276595-rnc-chief-no-changes-to-delegate-requirement-likely

geronl

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 10:28:22 pm »