Author Topic: At Wyoming GOP convention, Cruz still running circles around Trump  (Read 3773 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: At Wyoming GOP convention, Cruz still running circles around Trump
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 01:41:47 pm »
:beer:  This is a political forum debating politics used to discuss and inform others of what is going on in the country. Resorting to personal attacks of others opinions really defeats the purpose of the forum.  We may disagree with facts/opinions brought forward, but it is more productive and certainly more 'civil' to voice a legitimate rebuttal based on the facts rather than attacking the poster.  Perhaps the real problem is some candidates have said very little substantiating their stance on any issue and therefore it has become difficult to defend the candidate by offering a legitimate rebuttal.

Yes I recall what posters here have said about Bush, Kasich, Cruz, McConnell, Boehner and Ryan just to name a few.  And these less than civil "criticisms" have come from some of those very invested in Trump's candidacy.  And it's fair game.  I liked Bush at one time, but have to admit many of the criticisms of him had merit. 
 :beer:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Wingnut

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2016, 01:42:15 pm »

Two things:

1. He is doing intentionally to help the Clintons.
2. He thought he had a chance, but things are coming out of control for him and he is using a Scorched Earth tacit..

Trumps greatest assest is his lack of civility is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 01:58:23 pm »
If anyone has not noticed, the TEA Party activists across the country are capturing more and more of the state GOP machinery. Not a majority yet, but a significant number and their power is growing. They learned this delegate rodeo stuff from the Ron Paul crowd and they are getting really good at it. They are working tirelessly for the future of the country and the future of conservatism.

Trump is simply about Trump. Trumpism is nothing without Trump, that makes it nothing less than a personality cult.

Conservatism is not a personality cult. It takes hits, it survives and moves on. It survived Russel Kirk, it survived Goldwater and it didn't die with Ronald Reagan,

We have been waiting for many years for a full-blood conservative to become a candidate and we will not lose this if we can help it.

Glad to see that someone other than myself has noticed!  :beer: :patriot:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HonestJohn

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2016, 06:25:22 pm »
The moderator had a fit over baby Trump pictures...

...yet thought nothing about the "Rubio is a gay male dancer" posts.

That speaks louder than any words could.

A-Lert

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 08:56:40 pm »
There still seems to be some misunderstanding about what the owners want concerning civility on the forum.  Maybe it's mine, but my reading of the earlier thread indicates they are asking that we stop with the personal incivility and rudeness toward other members, not the candidates or other personalities not connected with the forum.  I saw absolutely nothing Libertybele said that in any way violated any standard set for this forum.  Perhaps we should spend more time defending our candidates from the criticisms rather than trying to focus on the critics.   As always of course, JMHO.

""To both sides I would reiterate the counsel of Paul, “When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.” "

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2016, 09:01:54 pm »
The moderator had a fit over baby Trump pictures...

...yet thought nothing about the "Rubio is a gay male dancer" posts.

That speaks louder than any words could.

10 to 1 that moderator is often found on the TCG.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2016, 09:07:38 pm »
10 to 1 that moderator is often found on the TCG.

Hello Capt. Obvious!   Let me buy you a :beer:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2016, 09:13:53 pm »
Yes I recall what posters here have said about Bush, Kasich, Cruz, McConnell, Boehner and Ryan just to name a few.  And these less than civil "criticisms" have come from some of those very invested in Trump's candidacy.  And it's fair game.  I liked Bush at one time, but have to admit many of the criticisms of him had merit. 
 :beer:

goopo