Author Topic: Hillary Clinton: Libyans "Did Not Want Troops From Any Other Country"  (Read 390 times)

rangerrebew

Hillary Clinton: Libyans "Did Not Want Troops From Any Other Country"

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/262531/hillary-clinton-libyans-did-not-want-troops-any-daniel-greenfield

April 16, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

I guess that explains Benghazi.

Hillary Clinton's Libya answer is a brilliant mess of counter-answers and mangled reasoning.

CLINTON: Well, let me say I think we did a great deal to help the Libyan people after Qadafi’s demise. And here’s what we did. We helped them hold two successful elections, something that is not easy, which they did very well because they had a pent up desire to try to chart their own future after 42 years of dictatorship. I was very proud of that. We got rid of the chemical weapons stockpile that Qadafi had, getting it out of Libya, getting it away from militias or terrorist groups. We also worked to help them set up their government. We sent a lot of American experts there. We offered to help them secure their borders, to train a new military.

They, at the end, when it came to security issues, Wolf, did not want troops from any other country, not just us, European or other countries, in Libya.  And so we were caught in a very difficult position. They could not provide security on their own, which we could see and we told them that, but they didn’t want to have others helping to provide that security.

"Libyan people" is a meaningless construct. Let's start with that.

According to Hillary, the Libyan people wanted US jets bombing things, but not US soldiers. The elections were scams. Some Libyans opposed Gaddafi. Others supported him. The country is currently split between Islamist militias, pro-government forces and assorted smaller factions. There's no "Libyan people" from whom Hillary can claim sanction. There never was.

And the US did put troops on the ground. We just disguised them in various ways while trying not to offend the terrorists that we were working with. The whole thing ended badly as it was always going to.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 01:43:28 pm by rangerrebew »