Author Topic: Donald Trump “Chalkings” Now Labeled Hate Crime  (Read 696 times)

rangerrebew

Donald Trump “Chalkings” Now Labeled Hate Crime
« on: April 16, 2016, 11:55:10 am »
Donald Trump “Chalkings” Now Labeled Hate Crime

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/donald-trump-chalkings-now-labeled-hate-crime

April 15, 2016| by Robert Gehl

Donald Trump chalk markings at DePaul University in Chicago have been labeled a “hate crime” by the Black Student Union.

They’re accusing the College Republicans of the hate crime because they organized the “chalking” outside the Student Center last week and made marks praising the police, Donald Trump and Israel

Though BSU representative Michael Lynch told The College Fix that he filed a hate-crime report against the CRs, both the DePaul administration and Public Safety department told The Fix they had not received any such report from Lynch.

In a campuswide email Monday obtained by The Fix, Vice President for Student Affairs Eugene Zdziarski said “many students, faculty and staff found the chalk messages offensive, hurtful and divisive.”

They also violated campus regulations by endangering DePaul’s tax-exempt status, he said – a claim that has been repeatedly challenged by a free-speech legal advocacy group, The College Fix is reporting.

The DePaul CRs’ event is part of a recent campus movement known on Twitter as #thechalkening, in which students have chalked messages associated with conservatives – as simple as “Trump 2016” and as provocative as “abortion is murder.”

Such messages have angered students and aggravated administrators at Emory University, the University of Kansas, University of Tennessee-Chattanooga, University of California-Santa Barbara and University of Michigan, among others.

The DePaul chalking included Trump allusions such as “Make DePaul Great Again,” “Build That Wall” and “Trump Train 2016.” They also referenced the pro-police Blue Lives Matter movement, support for Israel and other presidential candidates.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:55:54 am by rangerrebew »

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Donald Trump “Chalkings” Now Labeled Hate Crime
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 11:59:56 am »
 :facepalm:

Nothing about colleges and universities surprises me any more.  Pity the day these students actually have to go out into the real world.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 02:14:50 pm »

Nothing about colleges and universities surprises me any more.  Pity the day these students actually have to go out into the real world.

Any semblance to a real world is diminishing as each baby boomer dies so that, in the not too distant future, everyone will be living in the world Michael Jackson wanted.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 02:47:42 pm »
You know what I think about Trump, but I sure do love to see little snowflakes squirm in faux oppression.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 04:34:33 pm »
You know what I think about Trump, but I sure do love to see little snowflakes squirm in faux oppression.

Trump is a very useful tool fool in that regard.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 12:16:33 am »
"Donald Trump “Chalkings” Now Labeled Hate Crime..."

Sounds like the "writing" is now "on the wall", insofar as American edukashion is concerned:
"No freedom of speech allowed".

(hmmm.... does "on the steps" count...?)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 01:45:05 am »
Gotta love though someone turning subversion tactics back on the lefties with the chalk thing. Make the special snowflakes crap their pants.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 01:45:30 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 01:46:05 am »
:facepalm2:

Offline Rodrigo

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 02:19:25 am »
OH Godfather! A month ago I returned to the University and saw TRUMP 2016 chalked everywhere!  I'm so upset!  Oh, Godfather, I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do.

VITO CORLEONE

You can act like a man!

(then, after slapping Johnny on the face)

What's the matter with you? Is this how you turned out? A university trained finocchio that ah cries like a woman?

(then imitating Johnny, as Tom giggles)

What can I do?! What can I do?!

(then)

What is that nonsense? Ridiculous.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 08:02:18 pm »

Yeah. Those of us who went in the 70s and before don't recognize the courses titles any more, and half the majors sound like something someone made up on the spot. I still get stuff from the University I went to, but reading alumni news has become painful when I see what people are being 'recognized' for.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 01:21:56 am »
Yeah. Those of us who went in the 70s and before don't recognize the courses titles any more, and half the majors sound like something someone made up on the spot. I still get stuff from the University I went to, but reading alumni news has become painful when I see what people are being 'recognized' for.

Right.  The left, supported fully by Sanders and partially by Hillary wants free college for everyone.  We're not talking about STEM curricula, but thoroughly absurd majors such as cannabis cultivation, bowling management, various ethnic studies, eco-gastronomy, and numerous other insane majors and courses having nothing to do with productive careers.  No wonder these idiots need counseling for feelings of insecurity when confronted by thoughts and ideas contrary to their programming.  :thud:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2016, 06:31:49 am »
Right.  The left, supported fully by Sanders and partially by Hillary wants free college for everyone.  We're not talking about STEM curricula, but thoroughly absurd majors such as cannabis cultivation, bowling management, various ethnic studies, eco-gastronomy, and numerous other insane majors and courses having nothing to do with productive careers.  No wonder these idiots need counseling for feelings of insecurity when confronted by thoughts and ideas contrary to their programming.  :thud:

As far as free education goes, well you get what you pay for. I recall Harvard had a course in underwater tiddlywinks or some such the year I graduated (from a different University).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis