Author Topic: Palin: GOP voters will revolt if Trump or Cruz is not the nominee  (Read 2881 times)

Offline AnybodyButaDem

I agree with Sarah!  Trump and Cruz have the votes.  I will gladly vote for either of them and volunteer for them in GOTV efforts.

If it's Kasich I'll plug my nose and vote for Dem Lite because of SCOTUS appointments, although I'd expect him to huddle with Dems to find an "acceptable" nominee, which is better than what Hillary will nominate.

Sarah Palin is warning of a revolt if Republican establishment powers try to take the party nomination away from either Donald Trump or Ted Cruz.

"How dare they? Oh these, arrogant, arrogant political operatives who underestimate the wisdom of the people,” Palin said in an interview with The Associated Press, when she was asked if she was concerned about what would happen if the party tried to choose someone who is not currently running for president, such as House Speaker   Paul Ryan. (For his part, Ryan has emphatically taken himself out of the running.)

"We will rise up and say our vote does count, our activism does count and for those who would try to thwart that they’re the ones who need to leave, we don’t need to leave," the former Alaska governor and Trump surrogate said.

Palin also called some Republican leaders “snakes” and said she didn’t expect them to invite her to the convention in Cleveland.
"I can't see any of them inviting me," she said. "I think they are afraid of what I would say."

Palin also raved about Trump’s ability to be “reasonable” and his “common sense” but also said she would be willing to support Ted Cruz if he were the nominee. Although, she called some of the Texas senator’s allies “not truthful.”

"I sure want to believe it's the people around him and not Cruz as a person who would flip-flop on so many issues," she said, according to AP, referring to issues of trade and immigration.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/sarah-palin-on-gop-nominee-222018#ixzz45xRb1SIu

Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

A-Lert

Re: Palin: GOP voters will revolt if Trump or Cruz is not the nominee
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 03:56:45 am »
Palin also called some Republican leaders “snakes” and said she didn’t expect them to invite her to the convention in Cleveland.
"I can't see any of them inviting me," she said. "I think they are afraid of what I would say."

I believe you are being much too kind in describing some Republican leaders as "snakes".

Offline CaliGirl

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 04:02:23 am »
According to Sarah Palin she was voting for trump. Now she wants trump or Cruz???

A-Lert

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 04:04:08 am »
According to Sarah Palin she was voting for trump. Now she wants trump or Cruz???

Smart people would vote for either over the demonrat candidate.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 04:09:17 am »

Not only what you would say but how you would say it.

Palin has been incomprehensibly shrill the last few times out. 

Dipwad doesn't begin to describe her.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 04:17:19 am »

Why are you such a hateful person? Is there anyone you don't call names?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 04:46:17 am »

I was disappointed that Palin turned her back on Senator Cruz last month.  I'm happy she is trying to frame the battle as Trump and Cruz vs the Establishment again.  I can live with President Cruz.

Go Cruz!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 05:20:00 am »
This woman is bipolar.......but I would still hit it.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 01:03:48 pm »
Tough talk from a quitter..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 01:04:28 pm »
I was disappointed that Palin turned her back on Senator Cruz last month.  I'm happy she is trying to frame the battle as Trump and Cruz vs the Establishment again.  I can live with President Cruz.

Go Cruz!

I think she is trying to save what is left of her integrity..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 01:22:58 pm »
This woman is bipolar.......but I would still hit it.

She is starting to look a little long in the tooth.  Tell her to roll over Frank.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 03:57:27 pm »

That's kind of a misogynistic term, isn't it.   :pondering:

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 03:58:13 pm »
She is starting to look a little long in the tooth.  Tell her to roll over Frank.

Disgusting.  What the hell?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 04:25:12 pm »
Republicans seem to be heading for a major split either way, shades of 1912. I'm not usually the tinfoil type person, but this sure does seem to be by design.
I have trouble seeing a situation where the party does not split in some fashion.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 04:42:40 pm »

It is disgusting.  Again, a total lack of respect. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 04:52:50 pm »
It is disgusting.  Again, a total lack of respect.

Are we required to have respect for public political figures now? Kinda has the feel of Ceaușescu's Romania in the 80's.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 04:57:59 pm »
Are we required to have respect for public political figures now? Kinda has the feel of Ceaușescu's Romania in the 80's.

You should respect yourself and call a disgusting comment replying about your funny joke about having sex with Palin what it is, which is a disgusting comment.

It's a frat party here.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 05:00:45 pm »

The respect that I'm thinking about is respect for your fellow members of the forum.  Some don't care to converse on that level, seems it is pervasive on so many threads.  Dipwad, "long in the tooth", tell her to roll over? 

It's one thing to dislike a public figure, and to tell why you dislike - but why must it so often make a sudden turn into Teenage Wasteland Trailer Park?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 05:35:49 pm »
Yes.....uncalled for.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 05:36:27 pm »
The respect that I'm thinking about is respect for your fellow members of the forum.  Some don't care to converse on that level, seems it is pervasive on so many threads.  Dipwad, "long in the tooth", tell her to roll over? 

It's one thing to dislike a public figure, and to tell why you dislike - but why must it so often make a sudden turn into Teenage Wasteland Trailer Park? 

goopo

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 06:03:31 pm »
I agree,  Alice.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2016, 06:35:28 pm »

Because "but I'd hit it." is one of the longest running gags around on right wing forums thanks to Lazamataz, but since you find that offensive I will keep off of the humor.

I think Sarah Palin is a waste of skin and human debris. She is a generally stupid person who speaks like a slow child. Beyond that her family is a train wreck with a degenerate woman beater and a chastity advocate who is a whore. I would love nothing more than to never have to hear her name again, but like the Kardashians, she relies on pimping her name to continue the grift on her 3rd grade intelligence supporters and fans.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2016, 06:42:59 pm »

That depends.

If you're a "true conservative", using the popular pejorative RINO is perfectly OK. Management here tried (unsuccessfully) to stop members being labeled with that acronym.

Some of the very same people who insisted on using the term are now demanding forced civility.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

A-Lert

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2016, 06:45:57 pm »
Republicans seem to be heading for a major split either way, shades of 1912. I'm not usually the tinfoil type person, but this sure does seem to be by design.
I have trouble seeing a situation where the party does not split in some fashion.

The split is very evident here. The anti-Trumps criticize Trump for being insulting,  boisterous, crass and misogynistic and then they do it on this forum. Anyone who hints at supporting Trump is denigrated, no matter how much they've previously done to help the "Stupid Party".

A-Lert

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2016, 06:48:36 pm »
Because "but I'd hit it." is one of the longest running gags around on right wing forums thanks to Lazamataz, but since you find that offensive I will keep off of the humor.

I think Sarah Palin is a waste of skin and human debris. She is a generally stupid person who speaks like a slow child. Beyond that her family is a train wreck with a degenerate woman beater and a chastity advocate who is a whore. I would love nothing more than to never have to hear her name again, but like the Kardashians, she relies on pimping her name to continue the grift on her 3rd grade intelligence supporters and fans.

Put the shovel down, Frank. You're getting down so deep you may not be able to crawl out.