Author Topic: April 13, 2016 Adult Babies of Oberlin College: Our Cafeteria Food is Microaggressive Due to Being Poor Exemplars of the Foods of Our Foreign Friends  (Read 859 times)

rangerrebew

April 13, 2016
Adult Babies of Oberlin College: Our Cafeteria Food is Microaggressive Due to Being Poor Exemplars of the Foods of Our Foreign Friends

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/362800.php

Oh? You don't like the sushi in the college cafeteria? Not quite up to Tokyo master sushi chef standards?

The Italian is overcooked pasta and watery sauce that doesn't hold together?

The Chinese food tastes like it's just some meat tossed around in a wok with some sugared soy sauce added?

The chefs -- I put it in quotes because "Chef" is a la Francais -- prepare their cordon bleu a bit too indifferently for your liking?

Well then my exquisitely refined Adult Baby friends: Let me what you have on your hands there. What you have discovered in the rear of a college cafeteria is a college cafeteria kitchen.

It's time to restart the draft, whether we need these assholes or not. Of course we don't need them. They would be useless in the field. I'm not even suggesting giving them real weapons.

Just give them some bleep sticks and drop them into Syria.

Time to toughen up, Buttercups. Time to learn that the world is hard and has no room for the weak and stupid.

University dining halls aren’t exactly famous for serving gourmet dishes, but Oberlin students say their meals aren’t merely bad--they are racially inauthentic, and thus, a form of microaggression.

It’s one thing to quietly gripe about the quality of dorm food (students have likely been doing that for centuries). It’s quite another to accuse the dining room staff of stealing from Asian culture because they didn’t prepare the General Tso’s chicken with the correct sauce.

And yet, here’s what one Oberlin student had to say about the dining hall’s sushi bar:

"When you’re cooking a country's dish for other people, including ones who have never tried the original dish before, you’re also representing the meaning of the dish as well as its culture," student Tomoyo Joshi told The Oberlin Review. "So if people not from that heritage take food, modify it and serve it as 'authentic,' it is appropriative."

The culinary critics at Oberlin...aren't just mad that the cafeteria has appropriated their culture--they’re mad that it's been appropriated poorly.

"It was ridiculous," student Diep Nguyen told The Oberlin Review (the "it," in question was a banh mi sandwich with the wrong bun). "How could they just throw out something completely different and label it as another country’s traditional food?"

Parachutes. Sticks. Plane. That's all it takes.

We don't even have to spend money for new parachutes. We can use factory irregulars and defective ones. And parachute bags loaded with comically heavy items like anchors, bowling balls, and wall safes.

You sniveling little lunatic c***s.

By the way, Oberlin College is a poorly-made example of something from my heritage: My heritage produced the college system itself.

So... gonna have to shut it down as a appropriative microaggression.

Now get aboard these planes, my soft melted butter bars of uselessness.

We're headed to Syria. If you like pointing out microagressions -- let me tell you, you're in for a real treat.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:33:08 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Relic

Offline Millee

Silly, ridiculous people whose opinions have no value.   :laugh:

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

rangerrebew

Offline Relic

And they vote.

It's really sad, but I have to admit, I'm glad that in the game of life, I'm rounding 3rd and headed for home.

These people are going to cause some serious misery. Oberlin is an expensive, private college. Graduates will have the inside track to positions of influence.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Our Cafeteria Food is Microaggressive..."

Huh????

Kiddies, it's time you started eatin' out at McDonald's ...!

Wingnut

It's really sad, but I have to admit, I'm glad that in the game of life, I'm rounding 3rd and headed for home.

These people are going to cause some serious misery. Oberlin is an expensive, private college. Graduates will have the inside track to positions of influence.

That is a sobering thought.   We are screwed.

rangerrebew

Me too.  I look at these kids, and their professors, and say to myself I'm glad its you who are going to have such a miserable life, not me.

Offline mountaineer

"When you’re cooking a country's dish for other people, including ones who have never tried the original dish before, you’re also representing the meaning of the dish as well as its culture," student Tomoyo Joshi told The Oberlin Review. "So if people not from that heritage take food, modify it and serve it as 'authentic,' it is appropriative."
But in the end, it's all just raw seafood. If you're searching for "authentic" sushi in the middle of nowhere Ohio, good luck, Tomoyo.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org