Author Topic: Donald Trump’s Favorite Bible Teaching Is “Eye For An Eye” “We can learn a lot from the Bible, that I can tell you.”  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

He did.  I am guessing that you don't really understand Christianity and the reason for Christ being to take on the sin of the world as a living sacrifice.  To say you have no need to ask for forgiveness is to testify that you have no need for Christ.  It is very simple.  Christianity is based on the Sacrifice Jesus made so we could have forgiveness of sins.  And everyone is a sinner and has need to ask for forgiveness.

http://conservativetruth.org/article.php?id=4874

Trump purchased a degree from Wharton.  That is why he has the best words.  He purchased many buildings.  That is why he is a builder.  He purchased a Bible.  That is why he is a huge Christian.  Maybe the biggest Christian in the history of Christianism.  His Bible is bound in the leather of two Corinthians, and when he dies and stands before God he will negotiate the biggest deal in the history of deal making with God.

Wingnut

Trump purchased a degree from Wharton.  That is why he has the best words.  He purchased many buildings.  That is why he is a builder.  He purchased a Bible.  That is why he is a huge Christian.  Maybe the biggest Christian in the history of Christianism.  His Bible is bound in the leather of two Corinthians, and when he dies and stands before God he will negotiate the biggest deal in the history of deal making with God.

Truer words were never written!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

:amen:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

:amen:
Matthew 23:13-15
13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Trump could always ask to be forgiven for his false proclamations of faith, but we know he doesn't think he needs to.  Our time on this Earth is short, my sister.  I am blessed to be walking the path with you.  Your posts give me strength.  Thank you..

Offline Chosen Daughter

Trump could always ask to be forgiven for his false proclamations of faith, but we know he doesn't think he needs to.  Our time on this Earth is short, my sister.  I am blessed to be walking the path with you.  Your posts give me strength.  Thank you..

Thank you.

I know there are many Christians here and it is a blessing to be here.  I don't take judging lightly but the things Trump has said are not Christian.  I have really struggled with how Evangelicals could support him.  I know we are not electing a minister but it is one thing to be an unbeliever and a whole other thing to mock the meaning of Christ and at the same time falsely claim to be a Christian.  People are critical of Cruz and his Christian faith but he has promised freedom of religion.  He is a true Constitutionalist.  And it was Jesus who is the giver of liberty.  We were given a free will to choose to believe or not to believe.  Christianity isn't about forcing belief.  So I know that Cruz is a person who believes in our Constitutional rights to follow whatever religion or not at all.  I know he is a man of God and a man of God believes in religious liberty.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Hats off to you and Once-Ler for some excellent posting! I thank you both.

Same to you cuky.  I always enjoy your posts.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 06:00:14 am by Chosen Daughter »

Thank you.

I know there are many Christians here and it is a blessing to be here.  I don't take judging lightly but the things Trump has said are not Christian.  I have really struggled with how Evangelicals could support him.  I know we are not electing a minister but it is one thing to be an unbeliever and a whole other thing to mock the meaning of Christ and at the same time falsely claim to be a Christian.  People are critical of Cruz and his Christian faith but he has promised freedom of religion.  He is a true Constitutionalist.  And it was Jesus who is the giver of liberty.  We were given a free will to choose to believe or not to believe.  Christianity isn't about forcing belief.  So I know that Cruz is a person who believes in our Constitutional rights to follow whatever religion or not at all.  I know he is a man of God and a man of God believes in religious liberty.

All Christians have different levels of understanding of the mystery.  I see in Trump a pretender who understands nothing.  I do not judge him on his faith, because it is clear from his words he has no faith in anything not made by man.   I, like you, see in Senator Cruz a spiritual man of righteous conviction.  I am wary of some of his positions on issues, but I sense a good man.  The choice of who to trust is easy.

I don't talk about my faith easily.  My conversations with Christ are very personal and hard to express in words, but it is remarkably easy to recognize a fellow traveler from the way you write and the caring emotions that bleed out on my screen.

For all my life I've been told He would return soon.  I am too jaded to believe it will really be be soon, but it helps me to know that you are watching with me.  We are not all asleep.

Offline musiclady

Thank you.

Amen and AMEN!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

Trump could always ask to be forgiven for his false proclamations of faith, but we know he doesn't think he needs to.
Like Obama and most others who contend for the presidency, Trump knows it plays well with the voting masses if he says he's a Christian or, at least, a churchgoing man. So it should be enough, those folks seem to think (I'm not presuming to know what's Trump's mind or heart), that they said they were Christians.

I will not judge whether or not any such politician truly has repented. God knows. But I assume there's some reason Jesus said, after warning not to judge lest we be judged, "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes, nor figs from thistles, are they? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit; but the bad tree bears bad fruit. ... So then, you will know them by their fruits. Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven." Matt. 7:15-17, 20-21.

It doesn't matter if their theology is a whole bubble off anything remotely close to orthodoxy. They said it, went to church a couple of times, ate the cracker, more or less mentioned a book in the Bible ... come on, now, people!  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org