Author Topic: Congrats to Ted Cruz and his supporters.  (Read 4665 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Congrats to Ted Cruz and his supporters.
« on: April 06, 2016, 03:35:02 am »
A well earned victory.

Going forward, the math is still implacably in favor of Mr. Trump, nonetheless, this enables Cruz to continue forward and perhaps pushes Kasich even more to the sidelines, so on those counts its a nice night for Cruz.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

Re: Congrats to Ted Cruz and his supporters.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 03:37:24 am »
A well earned victory.

Going forward, the math is still implacably in favor of Mr. Trump, nonetheless, this enables Cruz to continue forward and perhaps pushes Kasich even more to the sidelines, so on those counts its a nice night for Cruz.

Like your Democrat plant thread, don't start vanity threads. Put up an article or something substantive.

Your opinion is not substantive.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 03:39:56 am »
One thing is certain:  Mesaclone fancies himself. 

Once you realize how insignificant you are in the ultimate scheme of things, the better things will go for you here.  I've been here seven years and I'm nothing in the world of politics. So I don't start threads with my pontifications.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 03:45:14 am »

Going forward, the math is still implacably in favor of Mr. Trump...

Hold up there Sparky. You might want to refresh yourself with the delegate allocation rules and dust off your calculator. Trump needs to win a little over 51% of the delegates remaining to get over the threshold. Considering he has a solid ceiling of about 37%, him reaching the convention with enough delegates is a really tall order. Then factor in that Cruz actually did the groundwork in states to get his guys as delegates in a pile of states, Trump is behind the eight ball today going forward. Second ballot is going to be a Cruz rout.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aviksaroy/2016/04/02/if-donald-trump-loses-wisconsin-to-ted-cruz-trump-may-lose-the-gop-nomination/#3267d8d429df

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 03:57:47 am »
One thing is certain:  Mesaclone fancies himself. 

Once you realize how insignificant you are in the ultimate scheme of things, the better things will go for you here.  I've been here seven years and I'm nothing in the world of politics. So I don't start threads with my pontifications.

Interesting. Your post reads as if someone with the emotional maturity of a 12 year old wrote it, but you say you've been here for 7 years. As you mature, you'll be able to perceive the intentions of other people a bit more astutely. Its not a good sign for you that its so difficult  to recognize graciousness and fairness in other people. I'll bet you're just a lot of fun to be around.   

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:59:27 am by Mesaclone »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 04:08:51 am »
Interesting. Your post reads as if someone with the emotional maturity of a 12 year old wrote it, but you say you've been here for 7 years. As you mature, you'll be able to perceive the intentions of other people a bit more astutely. Its not a good sign for you that its so difficult  to recognize graciousness and fairness in other people. I'll bet you're just a lot of fun to be around.

Just who are you, baby boy?  Post something intelligent, from a source other than you.

I don't give a rat's ass about your opinions.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 04:22:42 am »

May I suggest this for you....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 05:48:13 pm »
Thank you, Mesaclone, very gracious of you.

One tiny correction though - it's not just a victory for TC and his supporters, it's a victory for all America & Constitution-loving people.

I'm guessing you fall into that category too?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:48:52 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 06:13:23 pm »
A well earned victory.

It doesn't favor Rump. It favors a contested convention. Which favors Cruz. QED

Or am I a "dem plant"?

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 06:21:05 pm »

Or am I a "dem plant"?

As plants go I always pictured you as a fern.  :pondering:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 11:14:25 pm »
It doesn't favor Rump. It favors a contested convention. Which favors Cruz. QED

Or am I a "dem plant"?

I give up. Are you?

If I had to guess, I'd go with misguided Republican/Conservative...but since you have my favorite author in your moniker I'm willing to cut you a break.

As for a contested convention, the most likely outcome IMHO is that both Cruz AND Trump will lose out to an establishment pick. But rest assured, I will support Cruz if he ends up as the nominee...even though I find his views on a few issues AND his personality to be repugnant. I will do so, because its clear that Cruz as President would be nowhere near as devastating to our nation's future as would Hillary Clinton. You know, selecting the lesser of two evils. Its kinda what grown ups do.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 12:28:22 am »
A well earned victory.

No, the math does not implacably favor Trump.  Please demonstrate otherwise. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 12:31:39 am »
Trump supporters are more gracious than Trump himself, who sent a ridiculously childish reply to the Cruz win.

geronl

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 06:04:03 am »
Ted Cruz wins the nomination. It's that simple.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 04:14:31 pm »
Ted Cruz wins the nomination. It's that simple.

Looking more and more like it.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 04:23:01 pm »
The delegate math favors Trump in a couple of major states...

However.....

His own incompetence in the delegate process in places like Wyoming and Colorado are at the point that it will prevent him from getting to 1237.

If he doesn't make 1237, the field resets and the second ballot is strongly influenced on who created the better ground game in the States- in other words, who has an operation in place that can run better in the general election.

In some ways, it is like football. Even if you get to the 5 yard line on 4th down, if you don't score, you don't get to continue at the 5 yard line.  You better hope you have a good defensive line. If you are all offense, that getting to the 5 yard line won't mean a hill of beans if the opponent runs over you on the second run.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 04:26:50 pm »

However.....

His own incompetence in the delegate process in places like Wyoming and Colorado are at the point that it will prevent him from getting to 1237.

If he doesn't make 1237, the field resets and the second ballot is strongly influenced on who created the better ground game in the States- in other words, who has an operation in place that can run better in the general election.

In some ways, it is like football. Even if you get to the 5 yard line on 4th down, if you don't score, you don't get to continue at the 5 yard line.  You better hope you have a good defensive line. If you are all offense, that getting to the 5 yard line won't mean a hill of beans if the opponent runs over you on the second run.

To go with the sports metaphors.  Trump's failure to follow through is a bit like a baseball player who gets up on deck, hits a homerun, and then stands around getting offended that he doesn't get the run on the board because he chose to ignore the rules and so doesn't know that he still has to run the bases.

Bottom line:  if you want to win, then you have to follow all the rules, and if you lose because you either didn't know the rules or you chose to ignore them, then you have no one to blame but yourself.  You certainly have no right to go around blaming the other players on your team, the players on the other team, or the referees and umpires.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 04:28:26 pm by Bill Cipher »

Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 04:27:29 pm »

However.....

Good analogy.  Hell Trumps men can't take that ole pumpkin and run from one end of the cow pasture to the other without gettin' knocked down or steppin' in somethin'.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2016, 04:30:32 pm »

Damning with faint praise is neither gracious nor fair.  Sinkspur has more than enough wit and maturity to figure that out.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2016, 04:34:37 pm »
Thank you, Mesaclone, very gracious of you.

One tiny correction though - it's not just a victory for TC and his supporters, it's a victory for all America & Constitution-loving people.

I'm guessing you fall into that category too?

BRAVA!!  Great post!   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 04:43:58 pm »
Give him a break sink, et al.....maybe he's just trying to offer an olive branch.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34