Author Topic: Trump’s Winning Colorado Gambit  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump’s Winning Colorado Gambit
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 12:04:37 am »
In other words, neither you nor Trump can articulate coherent policy positions. 

Yes, I can.  And yes, he does.  Trump articulates his policy positions in every speech and at every rally.  Either watch a rally or visit his website.

It's that simple Sink.

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2016, 12:05:46 am »

That's a cult, RIV. 

No, Sink.  This is a movement, from the grassroots up. 

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2016, 12:07:25 am »

He may get over 50% FOR THE FIRST TIME in his home state. 

Actually, I think Trump's coming in closer to 60%.

Which is pretty damn good considering Cruz got 43.8% in his home state. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2016, 12:07:33 am »
Yes, I can.  And yes, he does.  Trump articulates his policy positions in every speech and at every rally.  Either watch a rally or visit his website.

It's that simple Sink.

I've never heard Trump say much about anything policy or substantial other than "we're gonna build the wall, we're gonna win again, blah blah blah".

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2016, 12:08:29 am »

It's that simple Sink.

He does?  All I hear is self-praise, polls (when they're in his favor) and trashing of his opponents.

Oh, and how great America is going to be in very vague terms.

How is Trump going to pay off the debt in 8 years?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2016, 12:09:26 am »

Trump ALWAYS comes in below his polls.  That's been the case in every state so far. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2016, 12:10:22 am »
No, Sink.  This is a movement, from the grassroots up.

There were more people in the "Occupy" movement than Trump has attracted.  And that fizzled.

A-Lert

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2016, 12:11:00 am »
I've never heard Trump say much about anything policy or substantial other than "we're gonna build the wall, we're gonna win again, blah blah blah".

You should try listening instead of blah, blah, blahing.

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2016, 12:11:10 am »
There were more people in the "Occupy" movement than Trump has attracted.  And that fizzled.

This ain't the occupy movement, Sink.   ^-^

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2016, 12:12:03 am »
Trump ALWAYS comes in below his polls.  That's been the case in every state so far.

Okay, Trump comes in at 58%.  I can live with that.   :laugh:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2016, 12:12:16 am »
I think a lot people probably will say they're voting for Trump and yet don't realize that they cannot vote for Trump or even switch parties to vote for Trump in NY. How many? Maybe enough to keep him under 50%. But his polling average has him pulling over 50% in NY so we'll see.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2016, 12:12:31 am »
This ain't the occupy movement, Sink.   ^-^

You gonna answer my question, or change the subject like your boy does?  Trump says he's going to pay off the $19 trillion debt in 8 years.  How is he going to do that?

A-Lert

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2016, 12:13:01 am »

Have you got a link to support that claim or is this just more BS.?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2016, 12:14:04 am »
I think a lot people probably will say they're voting for Trump and yet don't realize that they cannot vote for Trump or even switch parties to vote for Trump in NY. How many? Maybe enough to keep him under 50%. But his polling average has him pulling over 50% in NY so we'll see.

I think that's going to be the case.  Hannity's going to show up at the polls to vote for Trump and discover he can't because he's a member of the Conservative Party in New York.  And there will be many others, thinking they can vote for Trump but won't be able to.

A-Lert

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2016, 12:15:48 am »

The anti-Trumps sure are mixed up people. They believe being in second place is winning.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2016, 12:40:51 am »
Americans want something done, and they want someone who will know how to change the course we're on because he sees and understand the problems and brings the acumen to solve them.  Americans are tired of waiting, they want action and they want it now. 

Then they are wanting the wrong thing and having the wrong conversation. We do not need things "done"; we need
scores of things undone. Whenever government gives us "action" we can feel the shaft sliding right up our
assholes until we can taste the tip in the back of our throats.

A dissertation on the Constitution will not bring back jobs, beat the hell out of ISIS or secure US borders.

A dissertation, no; but, obesiance to the Constitution's prescriptions against the unlimited State, yes. We will not
"bring back" or create new jobs until or unless the federal government is willing to a) reduce to a drastic extreme
the regulatory state and b) comport itself according to the strict interpretation of, among other things, Article I,
Section 8 of the Constitution in general and the Commerce Clause in particular,
the abuses of which have done the lion's share to fashion the climate from which American business and jobs were
driven in the first place. Not to mention, c) the government must be fashioned that will get the hell out and stay
the hell out of matters to which it is neither competent nor Constitutionally sanctioned to engage.

Donald Trump does speak of free trade--often and extensively.  His point is you cannot have "free" trade unless it is "smart" trade.  Americans know the country is being ripped off.  TPP is the latest installment of a globalist agenda.  Americans are saying "no more!".  Americans are voting for smart trade with American interests protected and the man who knows what it will take to get it done.

Donaldus Minimus isn't that man. None of the current White House aspirants really are, but since he is the
subject at hand we speak here of him. He speaks of measures a) that have few if any teeth beyond his lip service; and, b)
hint at returning to the sort of policies and ignorances---adjusted to today's climate and in today's language---
that produced among other things the first Great Depression. If and when he speaks of influencing Congress to
construe and act upon Article I, Section 8 reasonably, of vetoing any legislation that violates Article I, Section 8,
and of prodding the government out of areas where it is incompetent to act (which would, I concede, amount
to asking him to destroy the monster he had no small part in suckling in the first place---a concession I notice
a good number of his current supporters have not made and probably will not make, never mind that those
I have in mind were, once upon a time, staunch to the point of hysteria supporters of George W. Bush and
his Republican Congress---the ones who gave you a rampup of big government than even Droopy Drawers
Clinton of His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada ever masturbated over),
then he would have something to say to me. Until or unless he does, he has nothing of substance to
say.

It is time to cease hoping and waiting for rulers who will resolve the myriad contradictions among federal
programs and policies and---more importantly---end the damage from the perverse incentives government offers
for people to scorn self-reliance. No one is going to ride in on a white horse and wave a magic wand over our
political system . . .

The issue is not how much a politician cares but how much power he seeks. The power a politician acquires for
government will survive long after his photo opportunities have been forgotten. People must realise that the
government in recent years has become far more an enemy to their rights and liberty. People must recognise
that government is now the most dangerous predator.

The vast majority of government . . . can neither be reinvented nor reformed. If Americans want good govern-
ment, hundreds of failed government programs must be abolished and legions of laws that turn government
into a public nuisance must be repealed. All other "reforms" will merely prolong the abuse of the American
people.

---James Bovard, from the conclusion of "feeling your pain": The Explosion and Abuse of Government
Power in the Clinton-Gore Years
. And only too relevant, still, today.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2016, 12:44:34 am »
Then they are wanting the wrong thing and having the wrong conversation. We do not need things "done"; we need
scores of things undone. Whenever government gives us "action" we can feel the shaft sliding right up our
assholes until we can taste the tip in the back of our throats.

A dissertation, no; but, obesiance to the Constitution's prescriptions against the unlimited State, yes. We will not
"bring back" or create new jobs until or unless the federal government is willing to a) reduce to a drastic extreme
the regulatory state and b) comport itself according to the strict interpretation of, among other things, Article I,
Section 8 of the Constitution in general and the Commerce Clause in particular,
the abuses of which have done the lion's share to fashion the climate from which American business and jobs were
driven in the first place. Not to mention, c) the government must be fashioned that will get the hell out and stay
the hell out of matters to which it is neither competent nor Constitutionally sanctioned to engage.

Donaldus Minimus isn't that man. None of the current White House aspirants really are, but since he is the
subject at hand we speak here of him. He speaks of measures a) that have few if any teeth beyond his lip service; and, b)
hint at returning to the sort of policies and ignorances---adjusted to today's climate and in today's language---
that produced among other things the first Great Depression. If and when he speaks of influencing Congress to
construe and act upon Article I, Section 8 reasonably, of vetoing any legislation that violates Article I, Section 8,
and of prodding the government out of areas where it is incompetent to act (which would, I concede, amount
to asking him to destroy the monster he had no small part in suckling in the first place---a concession I notice
a good number of his current supporters have not made and probably will not make, never mind that those
I have in mind were, once upon a time, staunch to the point of hysteria supporters of George W. Bush and
his Republican Congress---the ones who gave you a rampup of big government than even Droopy Drawers
Clinton of His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada ever masturbated over),
then he would have something to say to me. Until or unless he does, he has nothing of substance to
say.

Brilliant post!  I agree with every word!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2016, 12:45:58 am »

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2016, 12:54:16 am »

The damn house is on fire, Ace.  We either put out the fire or we talk and talk and talk about political philosophy.

Enough talk!  It is time to do.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

A-Lert

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2016, 01:52:21 am »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2016, 02:02:14 am »
Fr. Marcel Guarnizo is a priest of the Archdiocese of Moscow, Russia  :shrug:

How does that change a thing he said?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2016, 02:14:34 am »
The damn house is on fire, Ace.

So we call in the fireman who torches the whole damn block but forgets which house he
was supposed to tend in the first place.

Enough talk!  It is time to do.

Well, every time government do it is we who are the ones who get done.

I don't want a government that do. I want a government that will undo.

That's what's needed.

None of the current presidential aspirants are saying a damn thing about undoing a damn thing.

Include me out.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:29:44 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

A-Lert

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2016, 02:24:12 am »
How does that change a thing he said?

He can say whatever he wants, it doesn't mean it is credible . He is not a medical doctor, psychiatrist  or a psychologist. He is best known for not serving communion to lesbian at her mother's funeral in Maryland though he is a priest in Russia.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2016, 03:44:21 am »
He can say whatever he wants, it doesn't mean it is credible . He is not a medical doctor, psychiatrist  or a psychologist. He is best known for not serving communion to lesbian at her mother's funeral in Maryland though he is a priest in Russia.

I'm not a medical doctor, psychologist, or psychiatrist either and don't need to be in order to recognize the symptoms Trump has and continues to display.

- J. R. R. Tolkien