Author Topic: With a May 7 Deadline, Trump Only Hired a California Political Director Yesterday  (Read 1216 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Incompetence either by design or gross negligence.

Trump has a real problem. It is California.

Presume Donald Trump wins 100% of New York’s delegates, or 95 delegates, next week. That’s not likely, but just presume he did it. He would then have to win roughly 58% of all the remaining delegates, but he only averages 45% delegate wins on election night. And California’s rules are, well, unique.

Ted Cruz has been laying ground word in California for a year. Donald Trump? His campaign is just starting and they have a deadline on May 7th. Literally Donald Trump just hired his California political director yesterday.

That deadline? The candidates in California get to submit delegates from each congressional district. If a candidate wins a congressional district, his delegates get to vote. It took Cruz more than 5 months to find delegates in all of California’s congressional districts. Cruz found 169 delegates and 169 alternates, which is a complete slate of delegates and alternates. Trump is just starting and the deadline to turn in his list is May 7th.

If Trump can’t field a complete slate, even if he wins a congressional district he won’t have delegates to vote for him......

http://theresurgent.com/with-a-may-7-deadline-trump-only-hired-a-california-political-director-yesterday/

Offline ArneFufkin

I'm sure he waited to make sure he was going to get another "great person' - similar to the other "great people" - that he's assured us he will surround himself with as he remains ignorant of primary and delegate strategy and basic policy positions.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Oh come on, certainly you realize that those in California have treated Donny so unfairly. Looks like the 'system' is once again 'rigged against him!  :silly:  :silly:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Wingnut

Give Trump some credit.  He really never expected to make it this far.  His con is working better than he ever could have  imagined.

Offline Frank Cannon

This incompetence totally undermines Trumps only argument for being President, his ability to run things efficiently. Just what does he think is going to happen when he has to run against one of the best and impressive GOTV machines ever in politics....the Rats? He will be destroyed.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

So he's up 7 points in the state with zero presence there so far.  That's a negative ... how? 

Seems smart to not spend money and resources there until as late as possible if you have the lead with nobody actually working for you in the state.

I'm not sure this reflects well on Cruz or Kasich at all.  I love Cruz but he's basically written off the Northeast to focus on CA and is still getting beat by a bombastic buffoon with no organization in the state.

Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

This incompetence totally undermines Trumps only argument for being President, his ability to run things efficiently. Just what does he think is going to happen when he has to run against one of the best and impressive GOTV machines ever in politics....the Rats? He will be destroyed.

So tell me, what has Ted Cruz done in New York and the rest of the northeast in terms of organizing, and how is it working out for him thus far?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Give Trump some credit.  He really never expected to make it this far.  His con is working better than he ever could have  imagined.

First thing I've read from you with which I agree.  The personal attacks are lame.

Offline Frank Cannon

So tell me, what has Ted Cruz done in New York and the rest of the northeast in terms of organizing,

I don't know about the other states but Cruz has a solid presence in PA. He was able to walk away with a huge win in the Pennsylvania Leadership Conference straw poll.

and how is it working out for him thus far?

I'll be rather blunt, that's a genuinely stupid question. Have any of these states held their Primary elections while no one was looking? We are not going to know until Tuesday at the earliest.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

I don't know about the other states but Cruz has a solid presence in PA. He was able to walk away with a huge win in the Pennsylvania Leadership Conference straw poll.

RCP Average   3/29 - 4/7   --   --   42.8   27.0   24.0   Trump +15.8
FOX News   4/4 - 4/7   802 LV   3.5   48   20   22   Trump +26
Morning Call   4/1 - 4/6   360 LV   6.0   37   29   28   Trump +8
Quinnipiac   3/30 - 4/4   578 LV   4.1   39   30   24   Trump +9
CBS News/YouGov   3/29 - 4/1   729 LV   5.0   47   29   22   Trump +18

I'll be rather blunt, that's a genuinely stupid question. Have any of these states held their Primary elections while no one was looking? We are not going to know until Tuesday at the earliest.

You are saying Cruz has a ground game in PA, yet he has no shot at winning.

Trump has apparently done nothing in CA, yet here is the polling data from CA.

RCP Average   3/6 - 4/4   --   --   38.3   31.5   15.8   Trump +6.8
Field   3/24 - 4/4   558 LV   4.0   39   32   18   Trump +7
SurveyUSA   3/30 - 4/3   356 LV   5.3   40   32   17   Trump +8
LA Times   3/16 - 3/23   LV   --   36   35   14   Trump +1
PPIC   3/6 - 3/15   321 LV   7.3   38   27   14   Trump +11

All we can go on at this point are polls, and it seems Cruz, who I like a lot, and Kasich, who is a Democrat, are wasting money in some states at this point.

So long as a brokered convention comes down to only Cruz and Trump being eligible to win, as per The Romney Rule of 2012, I'm fine with either in the general. Kasich I'll vote for but millions more like me simply won't.  The GOP voters are telling him to quit, and his only win was in his open primary home state where he courted Democrat voters.

Offline Frank Cannon

RCP Average   3/29 - 4/7   --   --   42.8   27.0   24.0   Trump +15.8
FOX News   4/4 - 4/7   802 LV   3.5   48   20   22   Trump +26
Morning Call   4/1 - 4/6   360 LV   6.0   37   29   28   Trump +8
Quinnipiac   3/30 - 4/4   578 LV   4.1   39   30   24   Trump +9
CBS News/YouGov   3/29 - 4/1   729 LV   5.0   47   29   22   Trump +18

You are saying Cruz has a ground game in PA, yet he has no shot at winning.

Trump has apparently done nothing in CA, yet here is the polling data from CA.

RCP Average   3/6 - 4/4   --   --   38.3   31.5   15.8   Trump +6.8
Field   3/24 - 4/4   558 LV   4.0   39   32   18   Trump +7
SurveyUSA   3/30 - 4/3   356 LV   5.3   40   32   17   Trump +8
LA Times   3/16 - 3/23   LV   --   36   35   14   Trump +1
PPIC   3/6 - 3/15   321 LV   7.3   38   27   14   Trump +11

All we can go on at this point are polls, and it seems Cruz, who I like a lot, and Kasich, who is a Democrat, are wasting money in some states at this point.

So long as a brokered convention comes down to only Cruz and Trump being eligible to win, as per The Romney Rule of 2012, I'm fine with either in the general. Kasich I'll vote for but millions more like me simply won't.  The GOP voters are telling him to quit, and his only win was in his open primary home state where he courted Democrat voters.

I can see now why you got your ass handed to you on that gay marriage thread. You have no idea what you are talking about and I genuinely do not care enough about you and your nonsense to educate you. Die rockin'.