Author Topic: Rush: Why Didn't the Trump Campaign Say Something About Colorado Sooner?  (Read 1476 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/04/13/why_didn_t_the_trump_campaign_say_something_about_colorado_sooner

Why Didn't the Trump Campaign Say Something About Colorado Sooner?
April 13, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Yeah, I was just asking a question here of the staff.  I'm gonna ask you, and if anybody wants to call and give me your answer to this, have at it.  We all know that the Trump campaign is continuing to actively -- I don't want to use the word "complain," but they're being very critical of the Colorado process, okay?  So my question is this.  The Colorado process has been known for months and months and months.  I'm serious here.  Not trying to make a point with it.  I'm actually asking a question.

Why not complain about this two months ago?  Why not call attention to it last month, two weeks ago, two months ago?  Why wait until after the results to start complaining about how it was rigged?  It's not as though something happened in Colorado that nobody knew was gonna happen.  It's not as though they changed the rules in the middle of the process during the weekend.  So why complain, why call attention to it now?  Why not do so a month ago?  Why not back in September or October or whenever the Trump campaign found out how Colorado was gonna manage its affairs here during the primary?

Greetings, my friends.  Welcome to the EIB Network.  Rush Limbaugh back at it here for another three hours.  The telephone number is 800-282-2882, and the e-mail address, ElRushbo@eibnet.com.

I guess one of the biggest bits of news that's out there now is that apparently a member of the Republican National Committee, a guy by the name of Randy Evans, was on MSNBC this morning.  We have a ban on anything that happens there.  And I'm not gonna lift the ban.  I don't need the ban lifted.  This guy said on MSNBC this morning, "If Donald Trump exceeds 1,100 delegates, then he's gonna get the nomination."  If Donald Trump exceeds 1,100 delegates, he will become the nominee, even though he may not have 1,237.

Well, this has caused a lot of buzz.  People are asking, "Wait a minute.  What does this mean?"  There are any number of possibilities.  Does this mean, is this guy speaking for the whole committee?  And has the committee internally decided that if Trump gets that close, 1,100, they're just gonna scrap the 1,237 rule and hand it to Trump?  Or does he mean, hey, if he gets to 1,100 there's no stopping him no matter what anybody tries to do.  Does he mean that?  Or does he mean something else?  And everybody is digging deep trying to find out exactly what Randy Evans meant.

And apparently somebody named Caitlin Huey-Burns, Real Clear Politics tweeted out:  Just got off the phone with Randy Evans, the Republican National Committee, and he said the 1,237 number is not flexible, only that if Trump is close that he can wrangle enough unbound delegates.

So I hate to be the bearer of what some might consider bad news, but this does not constitute an official change of the rules from the RNC and the convention.  It just happened this one committee member goes on TV today and says, "Hey, if Trump gets to 1,100, it'll be a snap to get to 1,237.  All he's gotta do is go and get 137 unbound, 117 unbound delegates, whatever it is, and he's got it in the bag."  So the guy was not saying that the RNC is going to modify the 1,237 rule and count 1,100 close enough to say it's a done deal.  He's simply saying if he gets that close, it's gonna be easy for the Trumpster to go out there and make up the difference.

Washington Post has a story today saying that the Cruz campaign is working diligently to make sure that Trump does not get to 1,237 on the second ballot, much less the first.  So it remains unsettled.  We have polling data coming in from New York where Trump continues to poll way, way, way out in front of anybody else. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  And we start on the phones today in Colorado Springs, Colorado.  This is Grace.  I'm glad you called.  What's on your mind?

CALLER:  Hi, Rush.

RUSH:  Hey.

CALLER:  Well, I have a lot of questions for you.  We've been listening to you since 1997.  My husband corrected me, '91.  We're Colorado voters and we don't agree to the point, yeah, okay, they made the rules, this Republican deal thing here.  In fact, we know that Cruz was here, and what I'm trying to say is, we just don't find that it's right for them to do that and disenfranchise the voters.  And secondly, to us, because we've been Republican voters for years.  And what we're saying is that the more that they try to destroy Trump, the same people are driving people to him.  We were Cruz, now we're Trump.

originalRUSH:  Well, see, in a way, these things balance themselves out.  I know it appears unfair, it looks like it's disenfranchises voters.  I don't think this is the first time Colorado's done it this way.  But it does, it does disenfranchise.  Voters don't play a role in this.  That was the rule going in.  The delegates are selected at caucuses, and they apply to be delegates, and they go out and they get 10 seconds to campaign 'cause there's so many of them that they only get 10 seconds to get put on a slate.  But, look, it's backfiring in a lot of ways, and it's actually redounding in certain places to Trump's benefit here.

CALLER:  We just find it so wrong what they're doing.  And now we've been -- I even posted on Facebook, another voter here in Colorado that has done what the Republican Party, they're leaving the Republican Party left and right and going to Trump.  And --

RUSH:  Okay, so you were all-in for Cruz until this happened, and you got so mad because Trump got screwed that you're joining the Trump --

CALLER:  No, no, no.  We had made our decision for Trump some time ago.

RUSH:  Oh.

CALLER:  We just felt like, okay, you know, just because a man says he's a Christian or just because he holds up a Bible doesn't make him one, and we're not believing everything that we are listening to --

RUSH:  Ho-ho-ho-ho-ho.

CALLER:  -- because there's so much -- first of all, when you listen to the news, I mean, all you hear is nothing but garbage and trash and just trying to destroy each other.  And the one thing that --

RUSH:  Wait, wait a minute, wait -- hold it.  Garbage, who's talking garbage about who?  Who are you referring to?  The media or other candidates?

CALLER:  Actually, both.  Both.

RUSH:  Well, look what you just did.  You just savaged Cruz (imitating caller), "just 'cause you hold a Bible up and say you're a Christian doesn't mean you're one."  I mean, you're qualified to be on cable news.

CALLER:  (laughing)  Well, the thing is we even used to be Fox News listeners, and we don't even do that anymore.  We're just so tired of all of this mess.

RUSH:  I know.  Look, I hear this.  You do not know how much I hear it.  I know exactly where you're coming from.  I wish I had more time, but I don't.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Because the goal wasnt winning but starting a conspiracy to split the party even more. Might as well just start calling himself the Bull-Moose candidate now.

Wingnut

Because the goal wasnt winning but starting a conspiracy to split the party even more. Might as well just start calling himself the Bull-Moose candidate now.

vs the Bull Sh*t candidate that he is now it would be an insult to the Mooses (sic)

Offline Relic

I agree that it appears his goal is to split the party. I disagree that this particular move was calculated. I think it was just incompetence.

Offline flowers

I agree that it appears his goal is to split the party. I disagree that this particular move was calculated. I think it was just incompetence.
I agree...it was incompetence.

Bill Cipher

Again, I agree with you; incompetence. 

A-Lert

Thankfully Trump isn't a politician. He hasn't been a government employee for much of his life, feeding at the trough like some  other candidates. He's going to make mistakes because of his campaign inexperience. That's not a bad thing. As far as splitting the party....hogwash. Trumps donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Republican party in the last 5 or6 years.

Bill Cipher

Thankfully Trump isn't a politician. He hasn't been a government employee for much of his life, feeding at the trough like some  other candidates. He's going to make mistakes because of his campaign inexperience. That's not a bad thing. As far as splitting the party....hogwash. Trumps donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Republican party in the last 5 or6 years.

In other words, he's little league.  He should have stayed there since he's obviously not ready for the big show. 

Offline Relic

That's part of the problem with Trump. Trump says he knows the ways of Washington because he's been a member of the donor class. But then, he doesn't know the ways of Washington because he's an outsider.

If you go to drain the swamp, you don't hire someone who's not familiar with wetlands. Too much earn while you learn.

I'm not trying to dissuade you. I'm just voicing one of the reasons I'm not on the Trump bandwagon.

Wingnut

Trumps donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Republican party in the last 5 or6 years.

In what form?  Free Rounds of Golf?

Bill Cipher

That's part of the problem with Trump. Trump says he knows the ways of Washington because he's been a member of the donor class. But then, he doesn't know the ways of Washington because he's an outsider.

If you go to drain the swamp, you don't hire someone who's not familiar with wetlands. Too much earn while you learn.

I'm not trying to dissuade you. I'm just voicing one of the reasons I'm not on the Trump bandwagon.

I'm getting a little worried here; I'm finding myself agreeing with you on a whole bunch of things today.  Maybe I went off my meds?  :silly:

Offline Relic

I'm getting a little worried here; I'm finding myself agreeing with you on a whole bunch of things today.  Maybe I went off my meds?  :silly:

Maybe you're actually reading instead of just reacting? I'm just throwing that out there.

Wingnut

Weird ain't it.  Me too. I've  gone all day without calling him an a-hole under my breath. :beer:

But we still have the night ..right Relic!!!!LOL

A-Lert

I understand. I've watched career politicians, lawyers and community organizers allow this country to decline, sometimes I suspect intentionally. I believe it's time to get an enthusiastic leader who really wants to fix a broken USA. I'm willing to try somjething different. We keep getting the same failing results electing lawyers and career politicians.

Bill Cipher

Maybe you're actually reading instead of just reacting? I'm just throwing that out there.

Maybe we're all getting a little more accustomed to each other.  We fight a lot but I don't think there are truly any enemies here, at least not like on some other sites. 

A-Lert

In what form?  Free Rounds of Golf?

You could check with GOPers, couldn't you?

Data from the Federal Election Commission and state elections offices provided by the two websites show that Trump has given $584,850 to Democrats and $961,140 to the GOP over the last 26 years.

The difference in donations is almost entirely captured in Trump’s recent giving. Since 2012, Trump has donated $463,450 to Republicans and just $3,500 to Democrats (California Attorney General Kamala Harris and New York Assemblyman Michael Benedetto).

Offline Relic

Maybe we're all getting a little more accustomed to each other.  We fight a lot but I don't think there are truly any enemies here, at least not like on some other sites.

We're all on the same side, more or less. I guess that's why I take exception to attacks on Trump supporters. Attack Trump all you want. I don't care, he's a public figure. His supporters have their reasons, and if they come around after Trump is gone, and he will be gone, so much the better.

Oh, and I as I displayed today, random personal attacks on me are something I don't particularly enjoy.

Offline Frank Cannon

Column A has Trump as a Rat plant destroying the party. Column B has him as a moron that can't put together a campaign.

Really makes a person excited to support him if he pulls a rabbit out of his hat at the convention.

A-Lert

We're all on the same side, more or less. I guess that's why I take exception to attacks on Trump supporters. Attack Trump all you want. I don't care, he's a public figure. His supporters have their reasons, and if they come around after Trump is gone, and he will be gone, so much the better.

Oh, and I as I displayed today, random personal attacks on me are something I don't particularly enjoy.

We are all on the same side, but the holier-than-thou, "real" conservatives treat the rest of us with 'arrogant condescension' to paraphrase Rush. They are the dividers.

Offline musiclady

Column A has Trump as a Rat plant destroying the party. Column B has him as a moron that can't put together a campaign.

Really makes a person excited to support him if he pulls a rabbit out of his hat at the convention.

Neither choice makes him acceptable as our nominee.

And both choices indicate that he's going to help Hillary win.

Which is why the straw man argument that opposing Trump means supporting Hillary falls so flat on intelligent ears......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Why is the self-proclaimed "doctor of democracy" so okay with this?   :pondering:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:boring:

Sweetie, this is getting old.  If you have nothing to say and nothing to add ... go make yourself a sandwich and stand down.  You may not be aware of this, but its becoming tedious spam.

Thanks.

Wingnut

Sweetie, this is getting old.  If you have nothing to say and nothing to add ... go make yourself a sandwich and stand down.  You may not be aware of this, but its becoming tedious spam.

Thanks.

You are like a popcorn fart RIV.  Slower than molasses in January