Author Topic: John Kasich Says His Time at Lehman Brothers Helped Him Understand How Business Works  (Read 3830 times)

Offline flowers

Fact: Jazzhead HAS stated he would vote for Hillary.

That is a fact. Jazz has stated that.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Cruz or Trump. 

Yet you stated in an earlier post on this thread that you did not support Trump.  You're a liar,  and it is pointless to dialogue with a liar. 

But I'll answer your question anyway -  I said I'd vote to defeat Trump in the general election.  I'll do whatever I have to do to defeat Trump.  If that means voting for Clinton, so be it.  I don't support a damn thing she stands for, other than she's not Trump.  That's her sole appealing qualification.  Trump is just too dangerous and unstable to be allowed near the nuke codes.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
That is a fact. Jazz has stated that.

Again, that's dishonest.   I don't support Clinton.  I'd vote for her ONLY to defeat a greater evil.   And if fools want to nominate Donald Trump,  then the GOP is dead to me anyway.   

HonestJohn

Enough of the terms like 'idiot'

And reign in the profanity!

Idiot was an adjective describing the term "candidate", a.k.a. "idiot candidate"... or "lyin' Ted".  That's applied to Trump, a running candidate.  Therefore it's allowable.  Had it been against a poster, you'd have a point.

The proper behavior, if this is a problem, would simply state 'no insults against any candidates allowed'.  *NOT* single out one candidate for favored treatment.  We already see that at the TOS.

Bill Cipher

Cruz or Trump.  Certainly not the liberal and bought-and-paid-for Kasich who did nothing to earn millions while presiding over the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers.

Since you can't answer a simple yes/no question, I'll assume that truth_seeker was telling the truth about you saying you'd voter for Hillary.  Hell you're voting for Hillary Lite in the GOP primary.

Kasich is not Hillary lite just as, for all his manifold flaws, Trump is not Hillary lite. 

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Yet you stated in an earlier post on this thread that you did not support Trump. You're a liar,  and it is pointless to dialogue with a liar. 

I'm an idiot, I'm a liar ... you sure make persuasive arguments!   :silly:

Meanwhile you accuse truth_seeker of being dishonest for saying you would vote for Hillary, only to confirm his claim two posts later.

:tongue2:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:34:06 pm by AnybodyButaDemocrat »
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Idiot was an adjective describing the term "candidate", a.k.a. "idiot candidate"... or "lyin' Ted".  That's applied to Trump, a running candidate.  Therefore it's allowable.  Had it been against a poster, you'd have a point.

This is me being called an idiot making a "charge," whatever the hell that nonsense means.

That's just your idiot charge made in service to your idiot candidate.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Kasich is not Hillary lite just as, for all his manifold flaws, Trump is not Hillary lite.

You're right.  Kasich is to the left of Hillary on the speed with which he will enact amnesty.

Would somebody please answer how Kasich is "conservative?"  Anyone?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Again, that's dishonest.   I don't support Clinton.  I'd vote for her ONLY to defeat a greater evil.   And if fools want to nominate Donald Trump,  then the GOP is dead to me anyway.

Where is libertybele on these insults?

Bill Cipher

You're right.  Kasich is to the left of Hillary on the speed with which he will enact amnesty.

Neither is to the left of Hillary and you're acting like a liberal throwing around freighted code words like "amnesty".  Makes you part of the problem, not the solution. 

HonestJohn

This is me being called an idiot making a "charge," whatever the hell that nonsense means.

"idiot charge" - "idiot" is an adjective describing "charge".

Offline flowers

Kasich doesn't want a wall or to stop the invaders from coming in country. Those are just 2 things I can think of for now. Nothing conservative about that. Oh hey did you know his dad was a mailman?I bet you didn't know that..... :laugh:

Offline flowers

Here you go a couple more.

- Kasich voted for the “Assault” Weapons Ban. https://grabien.com/file.php?id=53463 and as of last year did not regret that vote

- Kasich supported and implemented Obamacare’s Medicare expansion http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-kasich-bible-medicaid_us_56140a54e4b022a4ce5fb1e3

- Kasich supports Amnesty for illegals. http://www.ontheissues.org/John_Kasich.htm

- Kasich dismissively said Christian bakers should “bake the cupcake” and participate in a gay parody of the sacrament of marriage, even if it violates their religious beliefs. https://www.frcaction.org/updatearticle/20160225/kasich-pushes

- Kasich supports Obama’s nominee for the Supreme Court. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-kasich-id-consider-nominating-merrick-garland-supreme-court-election-2016/

HonestJohn

Here you go a couple more.

- Kasich voted for the “Assault” Weapons Ban. https://grabien.com/file.php?id=53463 and as of last year did not regret that vote

- Kasich supported and implemented Obamacare’s Medicare expansion http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-kasich-bible-medicaid_us_56140a54e4b022a4ce5fb1e3

- Kasich supports Amnesty for illegals. http://www.ontheissues.org/John_Kasich.htm

- Kasich dismissively said Christian bakers should “bake the cupcake” and participate in a gay parody of the sacrament of marriage, even if it violates their religious beliefs. https://www.frcaction.org/updatearticle/20160225/kasich-pushes

- Kasich supports Obama’s nominee for the Supreme Court. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-kasich-id-consider-nominating-merrick-garland-supreme-court-election-2016/

Outside of the assault weapons ban, these actions will do very well in the general.  So, you're making a good case that we should make Kasich our nomination.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I'm an idiot, I'm a liar ... you sure make persuasive arguments!   :silly:

Meanwhile you accuse truth_seeker of being dishonest for saying you would vote for Hillary, only to confirm his claim two posts later.

:tongue2:

I called you a liar.  I never called you an idiot.   You accused Kasich of having helped drive LB into bankruptcy.  I responded "That's just your idiot charge made in service to your idiot candidate."   Then you denied supporting Trump - hence my assertion that you're a liar.   

I called Truth Seeker "dishonest" because he failed to point out the circumstance under which I'd vote for Clinton -  if fools take over the GOP and nominate Trump.   But I remain confident the fools will crawl back under their rocks and I will be able to vote GOP as I always have.       
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:54:53 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Neither is to the left of Hillary and you're acting like a liberal throwing around freighted code words like "amnesty". Makes you part of the problem, not the solution.

I guess that makes Mr. Conservative John Kasich "like a liberal," too, what with his use of "freighted code words" as well?   :silly:

I was there -- amnesty -- I was there in '86. I voted for the bill. - Kasich 8/7/15

http://www.weeklystandard.com/john-kasich-i-voted-for-amnesty-in-86/article/1006645

Also, where does voting for an assault weapon ban factor into Mr. Conservative's conservatism?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:53:46 pm by AnybodyButaDemocrat »

Offline AnybodyButaDem

I called you a liar.  I never called you an idiot.   You accused Kasich of having helped drive LB into bankruptcy.  I responded "That's just your idiot charge made in service to your idiot candidate."   Then you denied supporting Trump - hence my assertion that you're a liar.     

I support Trump and/or Cruz over Mr. Conservative.  Just as you support Hillary over Trump.  I assumed you'd make this obvious connection, but I've vastly overestimated you.

What exactly did Kasich do at Lehman to earn over a million dollars a year?  How did he get that job?

Bill Cipher

Guns are something that need serious thought.  I support the second amendment, but I am also worried about the incidents of shootings.  I don't buy the liberal line, but I don't think the NRA has the better argument either.

What is "amnesty"?  It's now used as a code word that has no real meaning or content that can be discussed in anything less than a fight. 

Being in business is different than being a private citizen on your own private time.  Forcing motels tv it discriminate against blacks was legitimate and within the commerce clause; forcing me to integrate my bedroom is not.  Just so, there is a good argument that people who go into the wholly lay business of baking cakes for profit are subject to tighter anti discrimination laws than if they were offering to bake privately for friends. 

Bill Cipher

I guess that makes Mr. Conservative John Kasich "like a liberal," too, what with his use of "freighted code words" as well?   :silly:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/john-kasich-i-voted-for-amnesty-in-86/article/1006645

Also, where does voting for an assault weapon ban factor into Mr. Conservative's conservatism?

Call names all you want. If you want any credibility for your position that Trump is better than Hillary then you'd better be prepared to offer it in return to someone who supports another long term GOP member. 

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Outside of the assault weapons ban, these actions will do very well in the general.  So, you're making a good case that we should make Kasich our nomination.

To hell with conservative principles, we have Hillary Lite to vote for and have lose!

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Call names all you want. If you want any credibility for your position that Trump is better than Hillary then you'd better be prepared to offer it in return to someone who supports another long term GOP member.

I'm calling Kasich a name.  Nobody else. 

Trump is better than Hillary.  Kasich is Hillary.  I have a different opinion than you.  Big deal.

HonestJohn

To hell with conservative principles, we have Hillary Lite to vote for and have lose!

Now we're talking about principle?  Considering the lack of conservative principles found in Trump... I find the call now, specially from one whose aligned themselves with the Trump side, to be extremely hypocritical.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Guns are something that need serious thought.  I support the second amendment, but I am also worried about the incidents of shootings.  I don't buy the liberal line, but I don't think the NRA has the better argument either.

Yes, let's have more government control over our lives because a few nutjobs a year go bonkers.  Mr. Conservative agrees!

What is "amnesty"?  It's now used as a code word that has no real meaning or content that can be discussed in anything less than a fight

Why don't you ask Mr. Conservative, since he's the one who uses this apparent "liberal freighted code word?"

[/quote]

Bill Cipher

I'm calling Kasich a name.  Nobody else. 

Trump is better than Hillary.  Kasich is Hillary.  I have a different opinion than you.  Big deal.

The trouble with opinions is everyone has one.  What evidence is there Trump is better than Billary, other than his self-serving words?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

The trouble with opinions is everyone has one.  What evidence is there Trump is better than Billary, other than his self-serving words?

What evidence is there that Mr. Conservative learned anything about business at Lehman other than how to get paid back for his work in congress, along with taking a huge bonus the same year Lehman declared bankruptcy?