Author Topic: Rev. Graham to Bruce Springsteen: 'A Nation Embracing Sin' And 'Political Correctness Is Not Progress'  (Read 586 times)

rangerrebew

Rev. Graham to Bruce Springsteen: 'A Nation Embracing Sin' And 'Political Correctness Is Not Progress'

Reverend Franklin Graham criticized rocker Bruce Springsteen for canceling a concert in North Carolina because he opposes the new state law there that prohibits biological males from using women's locker rooms, showers, and bathrooms, stating that Springsteen's pro-homosexual views are not progressive, but conducive to "embracing sin" and worshipping "godless secularism and political correctness."

"Bruce Springsteen [1], a long-time gay rights activist, has cancelled his North Carolina concert," said Franklin Graham in an April 9 post on Facebook [2].  "He says the NC law ‪#‎HB2 [3] to prevent men from being able to use women's restrooms and locker rooms is going 'backwards instead of forwards.'"

"Well, to be honest, we need to go back! Back to God," said Rev. Graham.  "Back to respecting and honoring His commands. Back to common sense."

"Mr. Springsteen, a nation embracing sin and bowing at the feet of godless secularism and political correctness is not progress," said the reverend.

"I’m thankful North Carolina has a governor, Pat McCrory [4], and a lieutenant governor, Dan Forest [5], and legislators who put the safety of our women and children first!" said Graham. "HB2 protects the safety and privacy of women and children and preserves the human rights of millions of faith-based citizens of this state."

HB2, which became a statewide law in North Carolina on March 23, overrides all city ordinances relative to the bathroom and locker room issue and states that people must use the bathroom designated to their sexual identity on their birth certificates: men use men's facilities, women use women's facilities. 

Unisex and family bathrooms can be used by transgenders and whoever cares to use them.  Also, if a person has a sex change operation and has their birth certificate changed to their new sexual identity, they may use the bathroom that matches their new identity.

Franklin Graham, 63, is the son of world-renowned evangelist Billy Graham, and lives in North Carolina.  He is married and has five children, and oversees the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) and the international Christian relief group Samaritan's Purse. 
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/rev-graham-bruce-springsteen-nation-embracing-sin-and-political-correctness

rangerrebew

I don't believe I've ever seen Springsteen's name attached to an article about positive Christian faith so I doubt he would understand what Graham is telling him.  The guy who would have understood him perfectly was Lenin.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:12:39 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline bolobaby

Let me tell you - from personal experience - that Bruce Springsteen is a giant steaming turd.

After 9-11, I was deployed for homeland security. Part of my tour took me to Fort Monmouth, NJ. During that tour, Bruce Springsteen announced his "The Rising" comeback tour. To rehearse for the tour, he decided to use the Pruden Auditorium on Fort Monmouth.

When the soldiers in my unit heard about Bruce coming on base, everyone was generally excited. Patriotism was running pretty high after 9-11 and Mr. "Born in the USA" himself was coming to rehearse for a new tour! Since most of the country was rallying behind a "Support the Troops" cry, we thought *for sure* that The Boss might hook us up with a free show before heading out for the official tour.

Boy were we wrong. This guy - and his wife and crew - treated the soldiers stationed at Fort Monmouth like complete sh!t.

It started when we were told to alter our security patrol so as not to go near Pruden Auditorium when Bruce was rehearsing. Despite the auditorium having access to the administrative facility, and us often finding the door there ajar, we were no longer allowed to check on it lest we hear the almighty Bruce croaking out his songs.

There were rules we all had to follow. When coming on post, you had to show your ID. *I* had to show my ID despite every soldier knowing who I was because we were in the same unit. Showing your ID demonstrated that you didn't lose it, and that it hadn't fallen into the wrong hands. (Remember - this was right after 9-11. No one knew what was coming next and the pucker factor was still pretty high!). If you forgot your ID, you could report it and get issued a temporary ID at the security trailer, which took about 3 minutes.

Despite being briefed on the procedure, Bruce - and his entire crew - adopted the position of "Don't you know who I am???" They perpetually forgot their IDs and were absolute d!cks about it. Once, when asked to produce his ID, Bruce purposefully took as much time as humanly possible to retrieve it from the saddlebags of his motorcycle. Meanwhile, traffic was backing up in an unsafe manner into the main road. When politely asked if he would move his bike to the side so we could clear the traffic, he derisively refused, just to "show us." Another time, his wife came through the gate with a car full of strangers, all of whom didn't have identification. "We're with Bruce!" she screeched. When directed to the trailer, she *skidded her car over the grass* even though there was a paved turnaround point right there.

The entire crew was rude. "Can't wait until you guys leave," they would say. (Yeah, us too, jerks. We also couldn't wait to get back to our families instead of pulling long security hours and dealing with entitled pr!cks like you.)

Needless to say, Bruce did not provide any show for the troops stationed at Fort Monmouth. We were glad when his rehearsal period was over and they were out of our hair.

World class j@ck@sses, every one of them.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online mountaineer

Mr. "Born in the USA" doesn't seem to care much for the USA.
"Born In The U.S.A."

Born down in a dead man's town
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
You end up like a dog that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up

Born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.

Got in a little hometown jam
So they put a rifle in my hand
Sent me off to a foreign land
To go and kill the yellow man

Born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.

Come back home to the refinery
Hiring man says "Son if it was up to me"
Went down to see my V.A. man
He said "Son, don't you understand"

I had a brother at Khe Sahn fighting off the Viet Cong
They're still there, he's all gone
He had a woman he loved in Saigon
I got a picture of him in her arms now

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary
Out by the gas fires of the refinery
I'm ten years burning down the road
Nowhere to run ain't got nowhere to go

Born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
I'm a long gone Daddy in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
I'm a cool rocking Daddy in the U.S.A.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Relic

Mr. "Born in the USA" doesn't seem to care much for the USA.

Typical liberal. They hate the place that made them wealthy beyond most people's imagination.

Springsteen's "Born to Run" album is a classic, no denying. After that, I'm not impressed.