Author Topic: Ben Carson: Hey, I’m Actually #NeverTrump, Too  (Read 938 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Ben Carson: Hey, I’m Actually #NeverTrump, Too
« on: April 12, 2016, 01:41:10 am »
I’ve given up on trying to figure out the deal with Ben Carson. I’ve gone from having a great deal of respect for his message of morality and self-sufficiency to considering him to be just another Trump-esque con-man.

Only a month ago, Ben Carson mended fences with the man who had pooh-poohed his life story and equated him with a pedophile enough to endorse him for president....
//snip
....This is merely buyer’s remorse, or, in Carson’s case, bought remorse. Trump has purchased Carson just as he has Chris Christie and some other people. Carson is now seeing what kind of a guy actually owns his soul and he’s not happy. So he’s rationalizing.....

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/04/11/ben-carson-hey-im-actually-nevertrump/

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Ben Carson: Hey, I’m Actually #NeverTrump, Too
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 01:57:48 am »
Pretty devastating.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 02:00:13 am »
crazy.  but better late than never.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 02:02:13 am »
Another formerly great conservative icon who's soiled himself by attaching his good name to Trump.

A-Lert

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 02:03:30 am »

“It was pragmatism, recognizing that John Kasich cannot win without a brokered convention — which would guarantee a Democrat win — and recognizing that Ted Cruz can bring conservatives but will have a very difficult time bringing moderates and Democrats,” Carson said on Kelley and Kafer. “I think that will be pretty much a guaranteed loss also. So in terms of who can potentially win, I think that would be Donald Trump. When I look at the consequences of not winning, it’s too horrible to even think about.”

Later, Carson told host Krista Kafer, who said she will not support Trump if he’s the nominee, that he would share her view if the stakes of the election for future generations weren’t so high.

“For me, it’s about the children and the grandchildren,” said Carson. “If it was just me, I would be completely where Krista is. I would say, ‘hey, I got this,I can deal with it,’ but for them, I can’t.”

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 02:17:04 am »
Who'd have thought a renowned neurosurgeon would come to need a little
brain surgery himself?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 02:44:16 am »
Carson’s endorsement is not the same as voting his conscience. His endorsement allows Trump to use Ben Carson’s good name, or at least the tattered shreds of what was once a good name, to further his election. That is wrong and unconscionable.

This, to me, is the saddest thing of all.  Ben Carson lost his good name to those who supported him, or just respected him, because of his ill-thought-out endorsement of a man who doesn't share one whit of his decency and honor.

The problem is that it's going to take a long time for Ben to get that honor back.  I think he can do it in time, but his endorsement of a misogynist vulgarian (hat tip to sink) has gone a long way to destroy his own reputation as an honorable man.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

A-Lert

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 03:02:56 am »
Dr. Ben Carson, now because he isn't an anti-Trump, he is being denigrated, castigated and insulted. Really disgusting.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 05:42:29 am »
This, to me, is the saddest thing of all.  Ben Carson lost his good name to those who supported him, or just respected him, because of his ill-thought-out endorsement of a man who doesn't share one whit of his decency and honor.

The problem is that it's going to take a long time for Ben to get that honor back.  I think he can do it in time, but his endorsement of a misogynist vulgarian (hat tip to sink) has gone a long way to destroy his own reputation as an honorable man.

Lest we forget:

Dr. Carson's Disgrace (11 March 2016)

Dr. Ben Carson has just made a hypocrite of himself and done great damage to the country by endorsing
the moral monster, Donald Trump.

Carson has spent an entire campaign pleading for honor and decency and decorum, only to endorse a man
who is the crassest, most vulgar, most deceitful person in the race — a man who has repeatedly attacked
in the most vicious ways, and lied about, every other candidate in the race. Trump is a man who has
 repeatedly incited violence at his rallies, saying that protesters should be punched out and carried away
on a stretcher, and promising to pay the legal bills of those who throw the punches.

And now, Trump is flat-out lying in denying the well-documented, audio-taped roughing up of a (female)
reporter by Trump’s wannabe thug of a campaign manager.

Carson has talked about the need for a president to understand poverty, yet has endorsed a multi-million-
dollar inheritor who has spent his entire career leaving others impoverished by walking out on his debts,
but refusing to pay full bills, and by trying to use to power of the state to seize their land. Worse, Carson
is endorsing a man who has mocked his religion and who quite literally likened him to a child molester.

In doing so, Dr. Carson has disgraced himself.

---Quinn Hillyer

All I know is that if someone called me a child molester and mocked my religion the way Donaldus
Minimus did to Carson, the bastard couldn't pay me enough to endorse him. I'd tell him where to shove his
money, his job offer, his whatever.

Which is, by the way, what Sarah Palin should have done to John McCain in 2010 when he went
schnorring for her endorsement. After his people threw her under the proverbial bus following the
2008 campaign, with nary a word out of his mouth on her behalf, she should have told him to shove it
so far up his ass he could pull his own wisdom tooth if it was still there.

She didn't. Thank you, thir, and may I have another?

I've had no use for her since, either. And, for the record, that was well before she endorsed Donaldus
Minimus.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 05:48:35 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 05:43:56 am »

Its hard to follow the guy.  He was one of my favorites early on but I started seeing things that made me question.  Like the Oregon shooting.  In an interview he says he wouldn't just stand there and let them shoot me.  Some people may not take issue with that but to me it is questioning the victims.  Saying that they were stupid because they died.  Then when he joined with Trump I thought to myself this isn't the Christian guy I thought that I might be able to vote for.  I found it a weakness to make excuses for Trump.  To support a person who obviously has no moral character.  No.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 01:49:24 pm »
Its hard to follow the guy.  He was one of my favorites early on but I started seeing things that made me question.  Like the Oregon shooting.  In an interview he says he wouldn't just stand there and let them shoot me.  Some people may not take issue with that but to me it is questioning the victims.  Saying that they were stupid because they died.  Then when he joined with Trump I thought to myself this isn't the Christian guy I thought that I might be able to vote for.  I found it a weakness to make excuses for Trump.  To support a person who obviously has no moral character.  No.

There were things I wondered about early on, but I chalked them up to inexperience with the political world.  I really liked who he was and what he was saying and considered (early) voting for him.  But I completely agree that his endorsement of a man completely devoid of character has changed my opinion significantly.

Carson's strong suit WAS his character.  Now that seriously can be questioned.

And that's sad.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 02:12:02 pm »

Carson's strong suit WAS his character.  Now that seriously can be questioned.

And that's sad.....

I hate to sound tinfoil hatty, but there really seems to be a coordinated plan to break down the actual conservative movement inside the Republican party using Alinsky tactics. People and institutions that we revered are being torn down or demonized. Those who were stalwarts of telling the truth are now mocked as 'lyin. Conservative publications that stood for the value over the institution are now labeled as establishment. Even people like Dr Carson who was a example of virtue now has that called into question. There seems to be some deals with the devil going on, almost an art.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 02:44:46 pm »
I hate to sound tinfoil hatty, but there really seems to be a coordinated plan to break down the actual conservative movement inside the Republican party using Alinsky tactics. People and institutions that we revered are being torn down or demonized. Those who were stalwarts of telling the truth are now mocked as 'lyin. Conservative publications that stood for the value over the institution are now labeled as establishment. Even people like Dr Carson who was a example of virtue now has that called into question. There seems to be some deals with the devil going on, almost an art.

Tin foil hatty or not, that's exactly what's going on.  Total destruction of the values of the conservative movement and what the Republican party used to stand for.

It doesn't help the tin foil stuff when we hear Trump clearly using Alinsky tactics to destroy everyone and everything in his path...

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 04:41:40 pm »
Carson has spent an entire campaign pleading for honor and decency and decorum, only to endorse a man
who is the crassest, most vulgar, most deceitful person in the race

Yup.  Carson's a whore, and it pains me to say such a thing.   But he can still redeem himself by renouncing his endorsement and calling for the delegates to choose the nominee after the first ballot.  If it's all about his grandkids, then for God's sake back a nominee that can defeat Hillary Clinton.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

HonestJohn

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 08:52:07 pm »
I pegged Carson, from the onset, as running only to raise money and enrich himself while fooling the gullible into believing he was an 'honest politician'.  I thought him another Herman Cain.

A-Lert

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 09:05:03 pm »
Yup.  Carson's a whore, 

What does that make Kasich?