Author Topic: Like Trump, Reagan was at 30% approval in April 1980.  (Read 6770 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Like Trump, Reagan was at 30% approval in April 1980.
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2016, 12:48:15 am »
That's why Trump is leading the pack. People believe he'll actually do what is necessary and required.

:bigsilly: :bigsilly:  'Leader of the PACK' ... how fitting! 

Sorry folks ... couldn't resist:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO_brEreGLw
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 12:48:32 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Wingnut

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2016, 12:53:00 am »
:bigsilly: :bigsilly:  'Leader of the PACK' ... how fitting! 

Sorry folks ... couldn't resist:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO_brEreGLw

:beer:
LOL.   oh boy   You are forgiven!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2016, 12:59:23 am »
That's why Trump is leading the pack. People believe he'll actually do what is necessary and required.

The hanmer has met the nail.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline musiclady

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2016, 01:04:58 am »

In the coffin of what was once America..........

Trump's popularity among people who should know better shows how deep we have fallen into the abyss of amorality.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2016, 01:09:46 am »

Buckwheat, Stupid never hit anything.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2016, 01:30:39 am »
In the coffin of what was once America..........

Trump's popularity among people who should know better shows how deep we have fallen into the abyss of amorality.

Please don't be in distress. It will be wonderful, when we a led by the anoinTED one. Like his father says.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2016, 01:35:59 am »
Please don't be in distress. It will be wonderful, when we a led by the anoinTED one. Like his father says.
You are blinded by the turnip light Manford.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2016, 01:37:14 am »

Cruz will restore this country rather than continue it on it's current path of destruction.  Trump will continue to lead this country in a downward spiral while building his fortune.  He could care less about this country; all he cares about is how great his wealth is and who can make him wealthier ... even rich Muslims who want to inject Sharia law into this country.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 01:38:34 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

A-Lert

« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2016, 01:45:21 am »
all he cares about is how great his wealth is and who can make him wealthier ... even rich Muslims who want to inject Sharia law into this country.

:yawn2: :boring:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2016, 01:51:54 am »

That's actually the only thing that might save the country, t_s.

If Trump or Hillary win, we really are done.  We can't handle another four years of incompetence and corruption, and that's what we'll get with either of the two "front runners."

Some of us don't want the country to die.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Bill Cipher

« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2016, 02:06:05 am »

What pack?  He has only about 35% million popular support among GOP primary voters.  He isn't nearly as popular as the delegate count suggests because the winner-take-all states seriously skew the results. 

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2016, 03:25:20 am »
What pack?  He has only about 35% million popular support among GOP primary voters.  He isn't nearly as popular as the delegate count suggests because the winner-take-all states seriously skew the results.

He has a whole helluva lot more support than Cruz. Recent polls show him in the mid 40's with Republicans, and Mr. Cruz barely cracks 30%...Kasich is practically off the radar. In the absence of a majority candidate at this point, the strongest case for ultimately uniting the party is the man who, by a long distance, has the greatest plurality of support.

In other words, any way in which you think Trump falls short in terms of support...his rivals are in FAR worse shape. As such, it would be absurd, unfair, and electorally foolish for the party to get behind anyone other than Mr. Trump. Its really not that complicated.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2016, 10:44:15 am »
If Trump is so smart why is he such a poor business man? Why have so many of his ventures failed? Why does he need to rely so heavily on scammy MLM businesses?

Everything Trump does that isn't some sort of show business joke (like "The Apprentice") is a failure.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2016, 10:50:51 am »
He has a whole helluva lot more support than Cruz. Recent polls show him in the mid 40's with Republicans, and Mr. Cruz barely cracks 30%...Kasich is practically off the radar. In the absence of a majority candidate at this point, the strongest case for ultimately uniting the party is the man who, by a long distance, has the greatest plurality of support.

In other words, any way in which you think Trump falls short in terms of support...his rivals are in FAR worse shape. As such, it would be absurd, unfair, and electorally foolish for the party to get behind anyone other than Mr. Trump. Its really not that complicated.

Your own "facts" belie your own statement.  Even if we accept your numbers, 40% is not a far cry from 30%; lie number one.  Second, plenty of other facts out the figures even closer.  Lie number 2.  Third, Kasichs voters are extremely unlikely to go with Trump when Kasich withdraws, and most will go with Cruz, meaning that as a matter of practical reality, the plurality of support is with Cruz, not with the orange baboon. Lie number 3.

Have a nice day, STrumpet. 

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2016, 10:03:01 pm »
Your own "facts" belie your own statement.  Even if we accept your numbers, 40% is not a far cry from 30%; lie number one.  Second, plenty of other facts out the figures even closer.  Lie number 2.  Third, Kasichs voters are extremely unlikely to go with Trump when Kasich withdraws, and most will go with Cruz, meaning that as a matter of practical reality, the plurality of support is with Cruz, not with the orange baboon. Lie number 3.

Have a nice day, STrumpet.

You use the word lie, but I don't think you know what it means. That's the only explanation for your last post.

Also, Kasich has very few voters to start with AND you are just speculating as to where they will go if he departs. In truth, Kasich and Cruz could not be further apart on the issues within the GOP tent. As for accepting my numbers, it was MID 40's vs 30...and that is a far cry in my subjective opinion. You certainly may disagree, but disagreeing with YOU does not make something into a lie...generally, it simply means you've had the hammer meet the nail.

Cruz appeals to the holier than thou types, the evangelists and the "annoinTeds"...he has ZERO ability to bring in Independents and Reagan Dems. That being the case, he simply cannot win a national election. Its just that straight forward.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:11:00 pm by Mesaclone »

A-Lert

« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2016, 11:28:09 pm »
If Trump is so smart why is he such a poor business man? Why have so many of his ventures failed? Why does he need to rely so heavily on scammy MLM businesses?

Everything Trump does that isn't some sort of show business joke (like "The Apprentice") is a failure.

Poor? You've got to be kidding!

Everything? Exaggerate much? :silly:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2016, 11:30:09 pm »
That's actually the only thing that might save the country, t_s.

If Trump or Hillary win, we really are done.  We can't handle another four years of incompetence and corruption, and that's what we'll get with either of the two "front runners."

Some of us don't want the country to die.

:beer:  :patriot:

Offline musiclady

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2016, 11:59:49 pm »
I shutter to see the names Trump and Reagan together.  Regan was a peacekeeper.  Trump is a trouble maker.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2016, 12:26:01 am »
I shutter to see the names Trump and Reagan together.  Regan was a peacekeeper.  Trump is a trouble maker.

Reagan believed in peace through strength...just like Trump. Trump leans toward and American first, more isolationist approach to use of the miltary...much as Reagan did (short of covert ops). The similarities are patently obvious between the two on national defense issues.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2016, 12:28:23 am »

He is a failure, which is why he lives in poverty and doesn't have a pair of nickels to rub together...oh...wait...that's not quite right.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2016, 12:31:50 am »
He is a failure, which is why he lives in poverty and doesn't have a pair of nickels to rub together...oh...wait...that's not quite right.

Stiffing creditors for $4.7 billion in bankruptcy helps one's personal balance sheet.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2016, 12:37:51 am »
When you have a rich father's estate to bail you out when he dies, it makes it harder to end up broke.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2016, 12:39:13 am »
Stiffing creditors for $4.7 billion in bankruptcy helps one's personal balance sheet.

And everyone knows smart businessman never use bankruptcy as a strategy to protect their assets...true?

More importantly, he was just following the rules...you know...like Cruz in Colorado. You all seem to think that's the ethical way...right?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:39:48 am by Mesaclone »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2016, 12:43:32 am »
When you have a rich father's estate to bail you out when he dies, it makes it harder to end up broke.

His father was worth around 200 million. Trump is worth 8+ billion. Nice but of profit, eh?

As for ending up broke, many a son of a rich man has ended up in the poor house. Few have made the vast billions that Donald has. He had advantages, of course, but its also true that he made the most of those advantages through smart decisions and hard work.