Author Topic: Like Trump, Reagan was at 30% approval in April 1980.  (Read 6768 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Like Trump, Reagan was at 30% approval in April 1980.
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2016, 11:01:41 pm »
Winston Churchill was also a vulgar man...often crude, ruthless to his political enemies at times, and infamously impolite. When polite conversation fails to convey the immediacy of a crisis, vulgarity can serve as an essential alarm to wake people up to grave danger. The sad state of the nation is PRECISELY why a little vulgarity is needed...direct, honest and free of political correctness. Trump and Churchill were very different personalities, but they are very much alike in the way they've used a vulgar turn of phrase to make a necessary point that is being ignored.

This is risible.  Churchill's vocabulary was at a college level; Trump's is (according to college professors) at a 3rd grade level.  Churchill used pointed language in service to a noble purpose.  Trump uses vulgarity and crudeness to trash women ("blood was flowing out of her wherever",  mock the disabled, belittle his opponents, and encourage violence at his rallies.  Trump is about Trump; Churchill was about saving England.

To mention Churchill and Trump in the same breath is the height of historical ignorance.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2016, 11:04:50 pm »
:silly: So Trump = Churchill now?  :silly:

How stupid.

What's "stupid" is the lack of reading comprehension necessary to conclude...from what I wrote...that I asserted Trump equals Churchill. Nothing in what I stated suggests any such thing. It DOES clearly compare how both men would occasionally use vulgarity to make important points on very important issues of the day. But I suppose its easier for you if you build a nice little straw man...and call it stupid.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2016, 11:06:16 pm »
What's "stupid" is the lack of reading comprehension necessary to conclude...from what I wrote...that I asserted Trump equals Churchill. Nothing in what I stated suggests any such thing. It DOES clearly compare how both men would occasionally use vulgarity to make important points on very important issues of the day. But I suppose its easier for you if you build a nice little straw man...and call it stupid.

You compared Trump to Churchill. Trump couldn't shine Churchill's shoes.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2016, 11:13:28 pm »

No, I did not. I compared one characteristic shared by both men. You really should learn how to read AND comprehend...though an inability to combine these two skills does explain many of your previous postings.

Let me give you an assist. If I were to say you wear a hat similar to what Hitler used to like, I'm not saying you are like Hitler.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:14:46 pm by Mesaclone »

Wingnut

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2016, 11:13:36 pm »
Winston Churchill was also a vulgar man...often crude, ruthless to his political enemies at times, and infamously impolite. When polite conversation fails to convey the immediacy of a crisis, vulgarity can serve as an essential alarm to wake people up to grave danger. The sad state of the nation is PRECISELY why a little vulgarity is needed...direct, honest and free of political correctness. Trump and Churchill were very different personalities, but they are very much alike in the way they've used a vulgar turn of phrase to make a necessary point that is being ignored.

Trump could not carry Churchill's jock strap.  Churchill had the vocabulary to insult someone with witty repartee. He could turn a phrase.  Can you ever, in your wildest dreams,  ever see big brain donald put together a string of multisyllabic words with fore thought?  When you boil it down all trump is, is a vulgarian. 

Wingnut

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2016, 11:15:52 pm »
No, I did not. I compared one characteristic shared by both men. You really should learn how to read AND comprehend...though an inability to combine these two skills does explain many of your previous postings.

Let me give you an assist. If I were to say you wear a hat similar to what Hitler used to like, I'm not saying you are like Hitler.

Hope that helps.

Keep digging Buckwheat.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2016, 11:17:54 pm »
Trump could not carry Churchill's jock strap.  Churchill had the vocabulary to insult someone with witty repartee. He could turn a phrase.  Can you ever, in your wildest dreams,  ever see big brain donald put together a string of multisyllabic words with fore thought?  When you boil it down all trump is, is a vulgarian.

Trump's IQ is well over 150....what's yours?

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2015/08/donald-trump-is-a-genius-but-thats-just-his-iq-3038790.html

The standard description of this level of intelligence is “Genius – Exception intellectual ability and capable of looking beyond known facts.”  However, the percentile rating is more revealing than the raw score.  A 156 IQ is at the 99.9905490555 percentile.  That means that Donald Trump is smarter than 99.99 percent of the people on planet earth.  Not only does Trump qualify for membership in Mensa but he could join the Triple Nine Society.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:19:59 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2016, 11:19:52 pm »
I have stated that a democracy is always two years behind the dictator.”

― Winston S. Churchill, The Gathering Storm

A thousand Trumps, seated at a thousand word processors for a thousand years could not produce such simple eloquence.

And not of them would possess the self-awareness to recognize that Churchill was talking about them.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2016, 11:21:25 pm »

Hope that helps.

What you ARE doing, however, is introducing Hitler in order to inflame the simile and make the hearer associate Hitler with your target.

Apparently, you have failed so far in drawing an equivalence between Trump and Churchill.  Maybe you shouldn't have done it.

Wingnut

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2016, 11:22:27 pm »

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2015/08/donald-trump-is-a-genius-but-thats-just-his-iq-3038790.html

The standard description of this level of intelligence is “Genius – Exception intellectual ability and capable of looking beyond known facts.”  However, the percentile rating is more revealing than the raw score.  A 156 IQ is at the 99.9905490555 percentile.  That means that Donald Trump is smarter than 99.99 percent of the people on planet earth.  Not only does Trump qualify for membership in Mensa but he could join the Triple Nine Society.

A man with a 150 IQ does not talk like a 5th grader. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2016, 11:25:43 pm »

Given the usual requirements for admission to a top school like Wharton, I estimate that Mr. Trump has a 156 IQ at the minimum.

Who estimates?  Who is the author of this article? 

If Trump is so smart, how come he lost every friggin' delegate in Colorado, most of those in Washington State, and won the popular vote in Louisiana but came in second in delegates?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2016, 11:26:28 pm »

Hey Methadone, did you actually read the asinine article you post for your bullshit about Donny's IQ?

Given the usual requirements for admission to a top school like Wharton, I estimate that Mr. Trump has a 156 IQ at the minimum. 

This is total sophistry to calculate someones IQ like this. You know his brother was a legacy there and that is also a way to get into a good school without being smart....

Trump flaunts Wharton degree, but his college years remain a mystery

http://www.thedp.com/article/2015/08/donald-trump-wharton-classmates

Another biographer, Gwenda Blair, wrote in 2001 that Trump was admitted to Wharton on a special favor from a “friendly” admissions officer. The officer had known Trump’s older brother, Freddy.

Trump’s classmates doubt that the real estate mogul was an academic powerhouse.

“He was not in any kind of leadership. I certainly doubt he was the smartest guy in the class,” said Steve Perelman, a 1968 Wharton classmate and a former Daily Pennsylvanian news editor.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2016, 11:30:30 pm »
Hey Methadone, did you actually read the asinine article you post for your bullshit about Donny's IQ?

This is total sophistry to calculate someones IQ like this. You know his brother was a legacy there and that is also a way to get into a good school without being smart....

Trump flaunts Wharton degree, but his college years remain a mystery

http://www.thedp.com/article/2015/08/donald-trump-wharton-classmates

Another biographer, Gwenda Blair, wrote in 2001 that Trump was admitted to Wharton on a special favor from a “friendly” admissions officer. The officer had known Trump’s older brother, Freddy.

Trump’s classmates doubt that the real estate mogul was an academic powerhouse.

“He was not in any kind of leadership. I certainly doubt he was the smartest guy in the class,” said Steve Perelman, a 1968 Wharton classmate and a former Daily Pennsylvanian news editor.

His IQ wasn't drawn from his performance at Wharton...maybe you should have actually read the article. It was derived from his SAT performance which, prior to 1994 was sufficient to draw a corollary to Intelligence Quotient.  So try again, my friend.

Wingnut

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2016, 11:31:07 pm »
His IQ wasn't drawn from his performance at Wharton...maybe you should have actually read the article. It was derived from his SAT performance which, prior to 1994 was sufficient to draw a corollary to Intelligence Quotient.  So try again, my friend.

Buckwheat, after further consideration I concede Trump is a savant. 

An Idiot Savant.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2016, 11:35:47 pm »
Trump represents moral decay to me.  The fact that someone so vulgar could lead our country shows the sad state that we are in as a nation.  And not only Trump but Hillary and her sleaze husband if you could call him that.

This absolutely NAILS it.

The very fact that Trump has gone this far in the nomination process is a sign of the absolute MORAL decline of this country.

The fact that some are so airheaded as to compare this debauched idiot to Ronald Reagan indicates that there is a great deal of MENTAL decline in this country as well.

There is no more absurd comparison in the political world that this.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2016, 11:37:04 pm »
A man with a 150 IQ does not talk like a 5th grader.

An INARTICULATE 5th grader.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Wingnut

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2016, 11:39:12 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2016, 11:42:00 pm »
:beer:

I've taught 5th grade.  Very few of my students spoke as unclearly and fragmentedly as dear little Donnie......

Wingnut

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2016, 11:49:55 pm »
I've taught 5th grade.  Very few of my students spoke as unclearly and fragmentedly as dear little Donnie......

^-^

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2016, 11:55:03 pm »

LOL. Your a trip. Some blogger has you convince about some high IQ based on total and 100% bullshit. No wonder you are all in on that knuckle dragging moron Trump. You will believe anything.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2016, 11:55:50 pm »
Buckwheat, after further consideration I concede Trump is a savant. 

An Idiot Savant.

Top Notch.

A-Lert

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2016, 11:56:59 pm »

Well Churchill would have to be exhumed, silly girl.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2016, 12:05:23 am »

I am curious if any of the experts here, actually lived in California while Reagan was Governor? As adults?

Churchill was so popular, he got booted from Parliament as soon as the war was finished.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2016, 12:15:02 am »

Churchill was so popular, he got booted from Parliament as soon as the war was finished.

Sir Winston said:  "It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required."

He did what was required. 

A-Lert

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2016, 12:19:23 am »
Sir Winston said:  "It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required."

He did what was required.

That's why Trump is leading the pack. People believe he'll actually do what is necessary and required.