Author Topic: Shocker. Ted Cruz Lies Again…Chuck Norris Did NOT Endorse Him and Won’t  (Read 15150 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
"I am a troll bridge. You can cross me but you will pay the price"
Ah, is it any wonder why this guy's supporting Trump? He fits right in with his merry band of goons.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

A-Lert

Ah, is it any wonder why this guy's supporting Trump? He fits right in with his merry band of goons.

Your childish insults reflect on your lack of character.

Offline bolobaby

Pants on Fire!

Ted Cruz "A couple of debates ago, (Donald Trump) said if you don’t support socialized health care, you’re heartless." 

Trump said no such thing

— PolitiFact National

Ted Cruz credibility.....Pants on fire!!!  :silly:

I see. Misdirection now. Unable to answer the question at hand, which is: did Ted Cruz claim an endorsement by Chuck Norris?  Or: did Ted Cruz's campaign issue the apology or did the PAC?

You address the David Duke thing in a manner that would support Cruz, since - as in the case with Trump's support by David Duke - it demonstrates that support from an organization or person does not mean that the organization or person represents you. You are unable to rationally extend that to this case, though, which is curious. I asked the question because it shows that the PAC's actions and apology have, really, nothing to do with Cruz, just as David Duke has nothing to do with Trump.

But, your inability to stay on topic regarding... you know... the topic you initially posted about demonstrates a certain lack of credibility. Now you are throwing up random quotes about healthcare. Misdirection to a secondary topic which is wholly unrelated to any question I asked or point I raised shows that you are now reaching, and in a fairly irrational fashion.

Accordingly, I will disengage. I never try to reason a person out of a position that they were clearly not reasoned into in the first place.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

A-Lert

I see. Misdirection now. Unable to answer the question at hand, which is: did Ted Cruz claim an endorsement by Chuck Norris?  Or: did Ted Cruz's campaign issue the apology or did the PAC?

You address the David Duke thing in a manner that would support Cruz, since - as in the case with Trump's support by David Duke - it demonstrates that support from an organization or person does not mean that the organization or person represents you. You are unable to rationally extend that to this case, though, which is curious. I asked the question because it shows that the PAC's actions and apology have, really, nothing to do with Cruz, just as David Duke has nothing to do with Trump.

But, your inability to stay on topic regarding... you know... the topic you initially posted about demonstrates a certain lack of credibility. Now you are throwing up random quotes about healthcare. Misdirection to a secondary topic which is wholly unrelated to any question I asked or point I raised shows that you are now reaching, and in a fairly irrational fashion.

Accordingly, I will disengage. I never try to reason a person out of a position that they were clearly not reasoned into in the first place.

If you can't tell the difference between an organization sponsoring an event that Cruz is the main attraction and somebody claiming they'll vote for a certain candidate, I can't help you.  :seeya:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
A bit on the "Journalist" who wrote this hard news article.....

BTW, I can't find anything called the FJN Award.

Can't believe Don Vito has turn to journalism!

Offline bolobaby

Sigh. I left FreeRepublic to get away from this insanity. I guess there is no refuge left where reasonable debate exists now that Trump is on the scene.

Maybe I should just stick with my plan to support my candidate but otherwise go politically Galt and let what happens happen.
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Frank Cannon

Sigh. I left FreeRepublic to get away from this insanity. I guess there is no refuge left where reasonable debate exists now that Trump is on the scene.

Maybe I should just stick with my plan to support my candidate but otherwise go politically Galt and let what happens happen.

Before you go, please fill out the survey. It gets entered into a contest where you can win many great prizes. First place is a low mileage Buick Park Avenue!

Second prize is a Pocket fisherman! Third is a 50% off teeth cleaning at Fred's Discount Teeth and Tires!

Offline bolobaby

Yeah, I'll be supporting my candidate, but...

The conservatives I used to know actually cared about facts. They could break down a news story and tease out the nuggets of truth from the BS by digging a little deeper. Sites like Conservative Treehouse would give a different *factual* perspective on wildly emotional stories that allowed all of us to see things more clearly. Now even that site is wholly unreliable.

On sites like FreeRepublic, every conversation about the primaries plays out like an argument with an unstable girlfriend:

"I crashed your car? I crashed your car? Well, let's not forget about that time when you bought me white chocolate truffles for Valentines day after I mentioned that one time that I HATE WHITE CHOCOLATE!!!"

Nobody sticks to the topic. As soon as you start bringing up stubborn things like *facts*, they change the topic to whatever slur they can thrown at Cruz. It's like people are physically unable to think logically anymore. It's frustrating.

In this case, we have a thread that is predicated on an "article" that uses omissions, innuendo, and outright misstatements to create a situation that is untrue. The conservatives I *used* to know would spot this in a skinny minute. They were the kind of conservatives who could spot the proportional fonts in the Dan Rather memos when typewriters of the era were expected to have monospaced fonts.

Those days are over, it seems. They ended on June 16, 2015.

Initially, I fought against it, but the infection is so deep, why bother? The patient called "conservatism" is nearly dead. My efforts to treat the illness will never succeed. There is no refuge left of sensible conservativism left, is there? Anywhere you go, THEY will be there, furthering the infection,destroying rational discourse, killing the patient.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:22:12 am by bolobaby »
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline Frank Cannon

I dated her too. She was terrible. She always put the empty milk carton back in the fridge so there was never any for cereal in the morning.

Offline Jackson

Just to correct your mis-spelling of 'Lyin' Ted Cruz; it's correctly spelled 'Lion' as in "Lion Ted Cuz, the Lion of Texas"

Bill Cipher

Just to correct your mis-spelling of 'Lyin' Ted Cruz; it's correctly spelled 'Lion' as in "Lion Ted Cuz, the Lion of Texas"

:thumbsup:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Now that's a good first post.

Offline musiclady

EXCELLENT!   :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

A-Lert

Like the cryin' lion in the Wizard of Oz!

Bill Cipher

Like the cryin' lion in the Wizard of Oz!

Nope.  That would be STrump.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

A-Lert

Nope.  That would be STrump.

No, Cruz wins the cryin' lion hands down. Trump may have the mane, but Cruz  has the face and demeanor to match.

Offline musiclady

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

You'll find if you put one or two people on Ignore, the place becomes much, much saner. 

Offline sinkspur

Trump auditioning for "Behind the Candelabra."  Michael Douglas got the role as Liberace.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Bill Cipher

You'll find if you put one or two people on Ignore, the place becomes much, much saner. 

:thumbsup:

Offline ArneFufkin

Oh no!   They dropped the Chuck Norris nuke on the Cruz campaign!!!

Offline ArneFufkin

Lying Teddy is a politician and a lawyer, just like Obama and Clinton.

And Trump has stiffed creditors for almost $5 billion.  Like Madoff.

A-Lert

And Trump has stiffed creditors for almost $5 billion.  Like Madoff.

That's nothing compared to what the district of criminals has stiffed US taxpayers.