Author Topic: Democrats need to stop attacking Trump, who is very wrong and also very Right  (Read 537 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I’m not a member of any organized party — I’m a Democrat.

Will Rogers’ famous words come to mind as I watch my fellow liberals do their best to slam Donald Trump in hopes that he won’t get the Republican nomination.

TRANSCRIPT: HILLARY CLINTON MEETS NEWS EDITORIAL BOARD

But it’s time we stopped worrying and learned to love the bombast.

See, Donald Trump is the best thing that ever happened to the Democratic Party.

Instead of protesting, we should be rallying for him to win the nomination — and thus the right to lose spectacularly to whomever we choose to nominate.

Hillary Clinton should wait before running her general election campaign against Donald Trump. Democrats need him as the GOP nominee.
ANDREW RENNEISEN/GETTY IMAGES
Hillary Clinton should wait before running her general election campaign against Donald Trump. Democrats need him as the GOP nominee.
Instead, we fight him.

On Monday, Hillary Clinton released a new attack ad — and by “attack ad,” I mean “completely truthful ad” — that reminded voters of Trump’s war on women, his slurs on Mexicans, and his paranoia about Muslims.

Great — but can’t we wait to bash him until after he secures the nomination and positions himself for the worst general election loss since FDR beat Alf Landon in 1936.

CLINTON BASHES TRUMP FOR 'DANGEROUS' 'DEVISIVE' BEHAVIOR

The ad comes after Clinton said earlier, “When we hear (Trump) call for rounding up 12 million immigrants, banning all Muslims from entering (the) United States, when he embraces torture, that doesn’t make him strong — it makes him wrong.”

Donald Trump is indeed very wrong. But that’s what makes him so Right.
BRETT CARLSEN/GETTY IMAGES
Donald Trump is indeed very wrong. But that’s what makes him so Right.
As a Democrat, I agree that Trump is often wrong. But this year, wrong is very very Right.

No matter what you think of Trump, he is giving his party exactly what it has said it wants: An outsider? Check. A businessman? Check. Wall-builder? Double-check.

Of course, the GOP is looking this gift showhorse in the mouth, with losers Carly Fiorina, Jeb Bush, Rick Perry and many others offering versions of “Donald Trump doesn’t represent the Republican Party.”

He doesn’t?

As the post-Jon Stewart “Daily Show” recently pointed out, Trump spends most of his time talking about what a “mess” the country is and how we never win anymore.

Marco Rubio said the same thing, and Rep. Paul Ryan has blamed President Obama for “our path to decline.” Others in the party point out that we’re “weak” militarily.

Trump gets ridiculed for wanting his border wall, but none other than non-hero John McCain once campaigned on a promise to “complete the dang fence.”

Trump has slammed the Koran and its Muslim adherents, but no more viciously than, say, Ted Cruz, who said Muslim neighborhoods should be infiltrated by police, or Rep. Pete King, who said “Muslim communities” are the problem.

Far from being outside his party’s mainstream, Donald Trump is actually the model of a modern major Republican — which is why we Democrats have to help him get the nomination. With Trump as its standard-bearer, the Republican house will collapse from the inside.

And the Senate may, too.

So, yes, Trump may be wrong, but for Democrats, he’s Right. Go, Donald, go!

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/democrats-stop-attacking-trump-article-1.2596444

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I don't know I think that they are behind the Trump run and they want him to be as vulgar and insulting as he can.  Then she brings it all up and people say that racist vulgar Republican party.  Don't agree with the article.  Wouldn't work for them. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Just pointing out, liberals want Trump to win. Because he'll be easy for Hillary to steamroll over.

Offline Frank Cannon

So old Gersh at this Commie rag of a paper is admitting that Hitlary is a loser because she is too stupid to hold off on Trump till after the nomination. Couldn't agree more.