Author Topic: CIA director: No waterboarding, even if commanded by future president  (Read 363 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/275791-cia-director-no-waterboarding-even-if-commanded-by-president

CIA director: No waterboarding, even if commanded by future president

By Jessie Hellmann - 04/10/16 06:18 PM EDT

Amid ongoing campaign rhetoric, CIA Director John Brennan said the agency will not use "enhanced interrogation" practices such as waterboarding.

"I will not agree to carry out some of these tactics and techniques I've heard bandied about, because this institution needs to endure," Brennan told NBC News in an exclusive interview scheduled to air Monday night.

"I would not agree to having any CIA officer carrying out waterboarding again," he said.

GOP front-runner Donald Trump gained attention after the Brussels terror attacks by saying under his presidency, he would permit the waterboarding of terror suspects and "a lot more."

"Waterboarding would be fine," Trump said in a March interview with Retuers. "If they can expand the laws, I would do a lot more than waterboarding."

Presidential hopeful Ted Cruz said in a February GOP debate he doesn't consider waterboarding torture, but he also said he wouldn't "bring it back in any sort of widespread use."

During President Obama's first few days in office, he banned the technique with an executive order, calling it torture.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

Re: CIA director: No waterboarding, even if commanded by future president
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 11:12:07 pm »
Presidential hopeful Ted Cruz said in a February GOP debate he doesn't consider waterboarding torture, but he also said he wouldn't "bring it back in any sort of widespread use."

So Cruz and Trump agree.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 11:14:24 pm »

So Cruz and Trump agree.

Neither will bring it back, period.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 11:23:00 pm »
Neither will bring it back, period.

So why bother posting the article? Either you didn't read it or you  support  the Obama administration?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 11:34:45 pm by A-Lert »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 11:27:23 pm »
Just one more in a very long list of things Obama hs done to undermine this once great republic.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 01:28:06 am »
I wonder if Trump's buddy, Stone...

... will give out the CIA Director's home address so that Trump's supporters can 'talk' to him about this issue?

Or maybe Trump can sue the CIA for not supporting his proposed policies?