Author Topic: Poll: Denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November  (Read 9864 times)

HonestJohn

Re: Poll: Denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2016, 03:33:37 am »
People didn't hate Reagan nowhere near as bad as Trump. Not even close. You cannot win in an election if people hate you. You cannot win dog catcher.

People, for the most part, didn't hate Reagan... period.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2016, 04:15:27 am »

If God sent us Donaldus Minimus to become our next president, then God must be extremely
pissed off at us.

Come to think of it, if anyone believes God picks our presidential contenders, consider the
current field---Donaldus Minimus, Ted Screws, and Hilarious Rodent Clinton. If He picked
those three for the final race, saying He's pissed off at us would be an understatement!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 04:19:41 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2016, 04:20:20 am »
If God sent us Donaldus Minimus to become our next president, then God must be extremely
pissed off at us.

Come to think of it, if anyone believes God picks our presidential contenders, consider the
current field---Donaldus Minimus, Ted Screws, and Hilarious Rodent Clinton. If He picked
those three for the final race, saying He's pissed off at us would be an understatement!

No caricature for Bernie Sanders?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2016, 04:30:30 am »

Even God isn't going to dine on a Bernt Weenie Sandwich. (And from the look of the Democratic
primary picture, he's bernt--er, burnt---all right . . . ) ;)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 04:31:04 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

HonestJohn

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2016, 04:38:43 am »

I heard Bernie tried his hand at carpentry.  And he's Jewish.

And even the birds in the trees love him.

Hmmmm...

:tongue2:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2016, 05:05:40 am »
This is correct, most voters are not paying attention to politics right now. The vast majority of voters wait until late in the game before the settle in to seriously look at the two candidates. That is true with high name recognition or otherwise. This is a part of why opinion is so malleable this far out. Most swing voters will go into the debates with a relatively open mind, and will make their decisions based on what they see...and based on the mass of advertising and media commentary that erupts in September and October.

Must be why Donald doesn't believe he should have to fight anymore.  He thinks he has won already and you say people aren't even paying attention to him.  LOL! :silly:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2016, 09:18:35 pm »

Uhhh,you say there is nothing like that here in America,and then in the next sentence you identify them.

No, I said it WILL come. It does not currently exist here.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline libertybele

« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2016, 10:08:25 pm »
People, for the most part, didn't hate Reagan... period.

Donald Trump is definitely no Ronald Reagan.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2016, 10:50:30 pm »
Donald Trump is definitely no Ronald Reagan.

How so?  Ronald Reagan was an America-firster.  He was a populist.  He shared Trump's goal to make America great again. 

How are Reagan and Trump different?  Specifically?

Thanks!   :beer:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2016, 10:56:03 pm »
How so?  Ronald Reagan was an America-firster.  He was a populist.  He shared Trump's goal to make America great again. 

Reagan was not uncouth,did not publicly insult his opponents, not a misogynist, didn't hate Hispanics or Muslims, didn't mock the handicapped, was unabashedly a free trader, respected the First Amendment (especially when it came to journalists), never considered committing war crimes by ordering waterboarding or the killing of families of terrorists, never built a wall, was only married twice,  and was a heartfelt proponent of Israel.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2016, 11:02:04 pm »
Reagan was not uncouth,did not publicly insult his opponents, not a misogynist, didn't hate Hispanics or Muslims, didn't mock the handicapped, was unabashedly a free trader, respected the First Amendment (especially when it came to journalists), never considered committing war crimes by ordering waterboarding or the killing of families of terrorists, never built a wall, was only married twice,  and was a heartfelt proponent of Israel.

Reagan did what was necessary in 1980.  Convince me Ronald Reagan would be different from Donald Trump today, in this world, this society, the one in which we live in 2016.

Wingnut

« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2016, 11:05:18 pm »
I heard Bernie tried his hand at carpentry.  And he's Jewish.

And even the birds in the trees love him.

Hmmmm...

:tongue2:

WWJD?

HonestJohn

« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2016, 11:07:32 pm »

While Reagan put America first... he did not do so at the expense of our friends, allies, and major trading partners.

« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2016, 11:11:05 pm »
While Reagan put America first... he did not do so at the expense of our friends, allies, and major trading partners.

At the time.  This isn't 1980.  Please, catch up.

HonestJohn

« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2016, 11:14:53 pm »
At the time.  This isn't 1980.  Please, catch up.

And why should we betray our friends, allies, and major trading partners?  Why are you saying that, since it is no longer 1980, we should do so now?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2016, 11:29:15 pm »

Well he asked!  Hope that sets the record straight.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2016, 11:40:25 pm »

"When the Labor Department is forced to relent and let these visitors do this work it is of course all legal. But it makes one wonder about the illegal alien fuss. Are great numbers of our unemployed really victims of the illegal alien invasion or are those illegal tourists actually doing work our own people won't do? One thing is certain in this hungry world; no regulation or law should be allowed if it results in crops rotting in the field for lack of harvesters." - Ronald Wilson Reagan
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2016, 11:51:59 pm »
Reagan did what was necessary in 1980.  Convince me Ronald Reagan would be different from Donald Trump today, in this world, this society, the one in which we live in 2016.

The America First crowd was complaining about Reagan was doing nothing about the 'Japanese' problem in 80's. Reagan was no populist.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 11:52:34 pm by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2016, 12:42:06 am »

That's a joke of an answer...Trump is no misogynist, does not not feel any differently towards Hispanics and Muslims than he does towards any other race, and waterboarding was common practice for the CIA during the Cold War (Yes, the Reagan years)...as were assassinations for that matter. Everything else on your list is related to situational relations with other nations, and its very likely Reagan would...in the current context...have precisely the same views as Trump on these issues.

Your list of Dem talking points is intellectually vacuous, though its not surprising that you amplify such stupidity. No two men share every trait, but Trump and Reagan are both charismatic, anti-PC, anti-establishment governance, America-first leaders who know/knew how to reach past a media that seeks to be the arbiter between the President and the people. They certainly have their differences, but only a fool could fail to see the similarities.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2016, 12:46:50 am »

If you think Reagan would have been a Muslim -hating, Hispanic-hating misogynist, then you don't know Ronald Reagan.  I suspect you're too young to even remember what a wonderful human being Reagan was.

Nobody says that about Trump but his third wife.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2016, 12:50:59 am »
That's a joke of an answer...Trump is no misogynist, does not not feel any differently towards Hispanics and Muslims than he does towards any other race, and waterboarding was common practice for the CIA during the Cold War (Yes, the Reagan years)...as were assassinations for that matter. Everything else on your list is related to situational relations with other nations, and its very likely Reagan would...in the current context...have precisely the same views as Trump on these issues.

Your list of Dem talking points is intellectually vacuous, though its not surprising that you amplify such stupidity. No two men share every trait, but Trump and Reagan are both charismatic, anti-PC, anti-establishment governance, America-first leaders who know/knew how to reach past a media that seeks to be the arbiter between the President and the people. They certainly have their differences, but only a fool could fail to see the similarities.

You are too young to remember Reagan.  I voted for him, twice.  You don't know what the hell you're talking about.  Reagan would NOT have agreed with Trump on virtually anything, especially his attitude toward people who disagreed with him.   

Please document that waterboarding was common practice during the Reagan years.

Trump is not a decent human being.  Reagan was. 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2016, 01:04:18 am »
You are too young to remember Reagan.  I voted for him, twice.  You don't know what the hell you're talking about.  Reagan would NOT have agreed with Trump on virtually anything, especially his attitude toward people who disagreed with him.   

Please document that waterboarding was common practice during the Reagan years.

Trump is not a decent human being.  Reagan was.

I believe Trump hated Reagan if my memory serves me..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2016, 01:06:41 am »
Hey, mesaclone: 

Reagan’s DOJ Prosecuted Texas Sheriff For Waterboarding Prisoners

By Cal Colgan

The Public Record

Apr 22nd, 2009

By Jason Leopold

George W. Bush’s Justice Department said subjecting a person to the near-drowning of waterboarding was not a crime and didn’t even cause pain, but Ronald Reagan’s Justice Department thought otherwise, prosecuting a Texas sheriff and three deputies for using the practice to get confessions.
Federal prosecutors secured a 10-year sentence against the sheriff and four years in prison for the deputies. But that 1983 case – which would seem to be directly on point for a legal analysis on waterboarding two decades later – was never mentioned in the four Bush administration opinions released last week.

http://pubrecord.org/torture/278/reagans-doj-prosecuted-texas-sheriff-for-waterboarding-prisoners/

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2016, 01:08:02 am »

I believe Trump hated Reagan if my memory serves me..

He criticized Reagan:

When Donald Trump hated Ronald Reagan

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/10/donald-trump-ronald-reagan-213288

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2016, 01:30:33 am »

How are Reagan and Trump different? 

Reagan had class.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide