Author Topic: Poll: Denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November  (Read 9863 times)

A-Lert

Re: Poll: Denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November
« Reply #225 on: April 15, 2016, 12:04:52 am »
Nobody was anointed.  Those candidates won more votes in primaries and caucuses than anyone else.  The GOP voters vetted them.

You're an Independent.  Can you even vote in a Republican primary?

BS, neither was a "good" candidate. The GOP failed to vet their opponent, Obungo! Stupid is as stupid does.

So now winning more votes in primaries is the standard for getting the nomination?  :whistle:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #226 on: April 15, 2016, 12:05:48 am »
Those candidates won more votes in primaries and caucuses than anyone else.
And so has Mr. Trump.

Ah, but he hasn't won the requisite number of delegates corresponding to those votes.  And, he likely won't.

At this point in their primaries, McCain and Romney were winning majorities of 60 and 70%.  Trump has yet to break 45. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #227 on: April 15, 2016, 12:29:28 am »
Ah, but he hasn't won the requisite number of delegates corresponding to those votes.  And, he likely won't.

At this point in their primaries, McCain and Romney were winning majorities of 60 and 70%.  Trump has yet to break 45.

Yes they were, because they had the establishment rallying behind them....because they were establishment guys (and spare me the Maverick John McCain baloney). Trump is fighting to overthrow said establishment, and their...understandable, from their viewpoint...opposition to his effort is the ONLY thing holding back Trump from blowing away his remaining competitors (Cruz and Kasich). Trump's momentum is growing, quite impressively so this past week, and his odds of making 1237 are increasing almost daily. Astounding, considering he's leading a revolt against entrenched powers that want one thing...to retain power within the party.

And you anti-Trumps keep raising the bar. Not long ago, you all swore Trump's ceiling was in the 30-35% range. That's been blown away, and now you're pushing it up to 45....what will you do when the man hits 50%? Remember, Trump is on the verge of attaining 50% of the delegates in a race that began with a field of 17 candidates...many of whom were VERY well funded...and he is running against an entrenched establishment...that is an almost unbelievable accomplishment.

We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #228 on: April 15, 2016, 12:39:35 am »
Yes they were, because they had the establishment rallying behind them....because they were establishment guys (and spare me the Maverick John McCain baloney). Trump is fighting to overthrow said establishment, and their...understandable, from their viewpoint...opposition to his effort is the ONLY thing holding back Trump from blowing away his remaining competitors (Cruz and Kasich). Trump's momentum is growing, quite impressively so this past week, and his odds of making 1237 are increasing almost daily. Astounding, considering he's leading a revolt against entrenched powers that want one thing...to retain power within the party.

And you anti-Trumps keep raising the bar. Not long ago, you all swore Trump's ceiling was in the 30-35% range. That's been blown away, and now you're pushing it up to 45....what will you do when the man hits 50%? Remember, Trump is on the verge of attaining 50% of the delegates in a race that began with a field of 17 candidates...many of whom were VERY well funded...and he is running against an entrenched establishment...that is an almost unbelievable accomplishment.

You Trumploos are such insufferable bores, with your "establishment" talk.  I'm surprised you didn't throw in a few gratuitous "Donor class" and "elite" references.

I stop reading when that bullshit starts.   It's an invention, but it sure serves your boy well in creating a boogeyman.

I don't give a damn what Trump's numbers are. I care about what he stands for, which is, basically an angry, burn-it-all-down inarticulate bunch of nonsense.  He and Bernie vomit up crap that will never happen, never be enacted.  That's why neither of them will ever get near sitting behind a desk in the Oval Office.

HonestJohn

« Reply #229 on: April 15, 2016, 12:48:28 am »
You Trumploos are such insufferable bores, with your "establishment" talk.  I'm surprised you didn't throw in a few gratuitous "Donor class" and "elite" references.

I stop reading when that bullshit starts.   It's an invention, but it sure serves your boy well in creating a boogeyman.

I don't give a damn what Trump's numbers are. I care about what he stands for, which is, basically an angry, burn-it-all-down inarticulate bunch of nonsense.  He and Bernie vomit up crap that will never happen, never be enacted.  That's why neither of them will ever get near sitting behind a desk in the Oval Office.

Doner class.

Mmmm, I like Doners.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #230 on: April 15, 2016, 01:27:21 am »

I don't give a damn what Trump's numbers are. I care about what he stands for, which is, basically an angry, burn-it-all-down inarticulate bunch of nonsense.  He and Bernie vomit up crap

The problem with Trump is Trumpism.   It is a cancer that must be excised.  Sometimes the patient dies, sometimes the patient lives, sometimes the patient faces the threat and comes back with renewed purpose.   

But the cancer must be cut.  It's a devil.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #231 on: April 15, 2016, 01:38:36 am »
The problem with Trump is Trumpism.   It is a cancer that must be excised.  Sometimes the patient dies, sometimes the patient lives, sometimes the patient faces the threat and comes back with renewed purpose.   

It will be cut, either at the Convention, or in November.  Donald Trump will never be president.

HonestJohn

« Reply #232 on: April 15, 2016, 01:39:04 am »

Yes.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #233 on: April 15, 2016, 01:58:24 am »

Who could argue with such a brilliant, insightful analysis of the situation?

Wingnut

« Reply #234 on: April 15, 2016, 02:01:13 am »

Only a Trumpkin.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #235 on: April 15, 2016, 03:39:05 am »
Only a Trumpkin.

Thanks, you don't know it...but that's a tremendous compliment.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #236 on: April 15, 2016, 04:26:32 am »

So tell me then.  Why should I vote for your silver-spoon Mussolini?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Paladin

« Reply #237 on: April 15, 2016, 07:34:07 am »
Calling for ZOTs?

And falsely attributing statements never made to posters?  I actually checked... and @Bill Cipher made no such post.

That's vile.

And it never occurred to you that some mod finally got off the dime and deleted that post because it is offensive and personally directed? I strongly recommend you read A-Lert's reply #108 on page #5 of this very thread before you make yourself look even more foolish.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.