Author Topic: Geraldo Rivera blasts Ted Cruz for ‘stinking anti-Semitic’ comments  (Read 2248 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Geraldo Rivera blasts Ted Cruz for ‘stinking anti-Semitic’ comments
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2016, 04:49:01 pm »
I'd like to know if you agree with Ted Cruz voting to deny compensation benefits for 9/11 victims and Hurricane Sandy.

Let's try to talk a little substance.  You can go back later to scanning the Internet for every negative article and photo on people you don't agree with.

Actually IIRC, the original Sandy relief was $9 billion to cover the flood insurance monies that ran out, providing direct relief to Sandy victims.  It passed by voice vote.  The bill that a third of the Senate voted against was around $60 billion, and gave money to almost every agency in the government for studies, improved facilities, etc.  It was passed under emergency authority meaning it didn't have to go through the pay as you go provisions in effect at that time.  Yes, Cruz voted against it, as did 31 other senators.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

HonestJohn

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2016, 09:39:23 pm »
Try to stay on topic:  Geraldo's assertion that Cruz is "anti-Semetic" because of his ideological opposition to Federal handouts.

I thought the claim was the Cruz was anti-semitic for his 'New York values' quip back during the Iowa caucuses...

A-Lert

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2016, 09:58:24 pm »
Fact is, what Cruz stated wasn't wise though I doubt whether he believes he stands a chance in NY anyway. Very similar to Trump's criticism of Walker and Wisconsin.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2016, 10:24:16 pm »
I think this is a good example of what Cruz was talking about.  Has nothing to do with anti-Semitism.

http://realchange.org/giuliani.htm
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2016, 10:47:14 pm »
I think this is a good example of what Cruz was talking about.  Has nothing to do with anti-Semitism.

http://realchange.org/giuliani.htm

Consider that Cruz may have  no idea what he's talking about.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2016, 10:53:31 pm »
Consider that Cruz may have  no idea what he's talking about.

Oh he doesn't.  Even NY Post has had articles about New York Corruption.  Ted is telling the truth about New York values. and Trump is more of the same.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2015/01/troubled_ny_politicians_a_list_of_arrests_scandals_misdeeds_and_controversies.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2016, 11:12:02 pm »
Thankfully there has never been any political corruption in Texas!  :silly:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2016, 11:16:45 pm »
Still can't figure out where anti-Semitism comes in.  But even New Yorkers know what Ted Cruz is talking about.  I bet that the average New Yorker knows that his city is run by the mob and criminal politicians.

Study proves NY politicians most corrupt in nation

http://nypost.com/2015/11/09/study-proves-ny-politicians-most-corrupt-in-nation/

A-Lert

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2016, 11:24:38 pm »
Still can't figure out where anti-Semitism comes in.  But even New Yorkers know what Ted Cruz is talking about.  I bet that the average New Yorker knows that his city is run by the mob and criminal politicians.

Study proves NY politicians most corrupt in nation

http://nypost.com/2015/11/09/study-proves-ny-politicians-most-corrupt-in-nation/

From your link;

Overall, the state received a grade of D Minus and ranked 30th in the nation — tied with Florida — for measures it has put in place for transparency and accountability.

Nevertheless, the Empire State fared better than other states. Eleven received the lowest grade of F.

Alaska walked off with the highest overall grade, but that was just a C.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2016, 11:45:25 pm »
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/ranking-the-states-from-most-to-least-corrupt/

A very quick glance indicates the West is much less corrupt.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2016, 12:12:51 am »
>>Geraldo Rivera said Thursday night that Sen. Ted Cruz's attack on "New York values" is actually a form of anti-Semitism.<<

Hmmmm,let's see,here. We  have a Jew that was born with the name of Jerry Green who changed his name to Hay-Raldo Rivera so his tb career could benefit from a little AA,and who has always denied he is Jewish or that he changed his name babbling nonsense about anti-semitism?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2016, 12:14:38 am »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/7/geraldo-rivera-blasts-ted-cruz-stinking-anti-semit/print/

Geraldo Rivera blasts Ted Cruz for ‘stinking anti-Semitic’ comments
By Victor Morton - The Washington Times - Thursday, April 7, 2016

Geraldo Rivera said Thursday night that Sen. Ted Cruz's attack on "New York values" is actually a form of anti-Semitism.

Mr. Rivera called the "New York values" comment an example of "stinking anti-Semitic implications" pandering to Iowa voters.

Now Hay-Raldo is claiming that Jews run NYC and establish the values there,and that the rubes in Iowa hate Jews?

Actually part of that is a little refreshing. Here we have a Jew claiming that Jews run NYC,something which most of us  have been saying for decades,and meeting denials from every source.

Maybe most people wouldn't hate NYC so much if they had some American values?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 12:16:17 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2016, 12:18:23 am »
Rivera's the guy who thinks Hamas will stop attacking Jews if Israel ends the occupation.   Geraldo is no friend of Jews.

He IS  a Jew himself,and keeps denying it. He is only pro-Jewish when he can use the claim of "anti-semitism" against anyone questioning him or his politics.

Like many,he is a "Jew of convenience".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2016, 12:20:32 am »
You are all so very fond of trashing a messenger, but not the message.

Why is that?

Good to know you are a Hay-Raldo fan.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2016, 12:23:01 am »
I am totally 100% for Ted voting against compensation for 9/11 victims because for one, they were not victims, the were the first responders. Do you know how many firefighters and police lose their lives during the average year? Should the federal govt' be dolling out cash for them too? Some of them are volunteers without any pay in most areas of the country. It is a dangerous job and they get great compensation and retirement packages in NYC for doing that already. On top of that look at how shoddy our returning Vets get treated and they ARE OUR RESPONSIBILITY as a country. Let's spend the money there and not dump money into NYC to they can use their shrinking cashflow for never ending welfare schemes.

Secondly Ted wasn't elected until 2012, 11 years after 9/11 and we are still throwing more money in to NYC over this? Outrageous. Is there any point where it stops? I guess there would have been more money for first responders if Trump didn't steal some of the money for redevelopment by claiming he was a small business and taking funds for a property that wasn't damaged.

:amen:

As for Hurricane Sandy, there is something called HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE. Why the hell am I paying for these peoples home repairs through higher insurance premiums AND through higher taxes now? Ridiculous.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2016, 04:10:42 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUtUyPS1etQ
If you will not stand with Israel, and the Jews, I will not stand with you! - Senator Ted Cruz
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 04:11:39 am by Once-Ler »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2016, 04:23:30 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUtUyPS1etQ
If you will not stand with Israel, and the Jews, I will not stand with you! - Senator Ted Cruz

Remember back in the good old days,when American presidential candidates put America first?

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2016, 04:57:16 am »
Remember back in the good old days,when American presidential candidates put America first?

I'm not sure how to read your response, but in an age of Islamic terrorism, standing with Israel is putting America first.  If that is what you mean I agree.  Eight years of Obama betraying American allies is eight years too many.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2016, 05:18:06 am »
I'm not sure how to read your response, but in an age of Islamic terrorism, standing with Israel is putting America first.  If that is what you mean I agree.  Eight years of Obama betraying American allies is eight years too many.

:amen:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2016, 09:11:37 am »
I'm not sure how to read your response, but in an age of Islamic terrorism, standing with Israel is putting America first.

HorseHillary! Israel is an independent nation,not a ward of the state named America. She can damn sure take her of herself,sink or swim.

If this worries the Israeli-Firster Jews and bible-thumpers in the US,they can sure take their asses to where their hearts like,and improve both Israel and the US.

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2016, 02:46:42 am »
HorseHillary! Israel is an independent nation,not a ward of the state named America. She can damn sure take her of herself,sink or swim.

If this worries the Israeli-Firster Jews and bible-thumpers in the US,they can sure take their asses to where their hearts like,and improve both Israel and the US.
I got no interest in arguing with you Pete.  You're entitled to your opinion.  I stand with Cruz.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2016, 03:18:12 am »

goopo

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2016, 03:21:28 am »

Israel without US support would cease to exist. Surrounded on all sides by hostile countries. It actually almost did cease to exist during the Yom Kippur war.

Israel is about the only civilized country in the entire region. Good to have at least one ally there.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2016, 03:22:32 am »
Israel without US support would cease to exist. Surrounded on all sides by hostile countries. It actually almost did cease to exist during the Yom Kippur war.

Israel is about the only civilized country in the entire region. Good to have at least one ally there.

goopo

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2016, 03:36:03 am »
Fact is, what Cruz stated wasn't wise though I doubt whether he believes he stands a chance in NY anyway. Very similar to Trump's criticism of Walker and Wisconsin.

Trump was up 10 points in the Marquette late February poll.

Whenever you (actually any of the obtuse TrumpTrolls around here) start a comment with "Fact is",  I automatically infer that it will bear out to be "Fact isn't".