Author Topic: Rush: Americans Overwhelmingly Pessimistic (But Nobody Wants You to Know It)  (Read 1847 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/04/07/americans_overwhelmingly_pessimistic_but_nobody_wants_you_to_know_it

Americans Overwhelmingly Pessimistic (But Nobody Wants You to Know It)
April 07, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I talked about it yesterday in the context of this campaign, in the context of how everybody's losing focus here, or a lot of people are losing focus, about what's really important here, meaning the opposition to Democrats because of the destruction that's taking place.  The more people can learn this, the better.

The things going wrong in this country -- and everybody's miserable to one extent or another.  I mean, there are pockets of people who are who are immune to normal, everyday media, normal, everyday economics, normal, everyday mediocrity and so forth.  But for the most part everybody's being impacted by this for a host of reasons, all of them traceable to specific policies implemented by the Obama administration and things that happened prior to Obama getting here.

But the point is, it was in the context of Millennials thinking that they just happened to be born at that unfortunate time in history where the best of America was behind them, and no longer can anybody expect that the next generation would do better than the current generation.  And they think that in large numbers in the young generation, but they're wrong about that, and even when they think it they do not correctly explain to themselves why it's the case.  They just think America's best days are over.  They just think it's evolution, because nobody's telling them that the reason they can't find careers, the reason they've got massive debt -- and there's a story -- do you know that 40% of college debt is going unpaid?

Now, who runs that?  The Regime runs the student loan program now.  That 40%, I'm just gonna warn you, that's a campaign issue for the Democrat Party.  If Hillary or whoever gets into big trouble, don't be surprised if somebody proposes forgiving unpaid student loan debt.

Now, they'll have problems with it because some people are paying their debt.  Sixty percent are.  Forty percent aren't.  So if you're gonna forgive those who have not paid anything or who are not paying very much, what do you do with the people who have?  But I'm sure the Democrats can come up with some kind of solution.  Just keep a sharp eye on that.

Anyway, in discussing the overall state of the country, I come across this.  "Americans Overwhelmingly Pessimistic About Country's Path."  I said hot damn, something that's gonna correspond with exactly the things I was talking about yesterday, click on the link, and nothing there. It's a McClatchy story, they took it down.  And that's all I know.  I asked a bunch of people, "Did anybody happen to click on this link before it was taken down? Does anybody have it cached?"  I couldn't find anybody who did.  So we're just left to wonder why they took it down.

Now, the natural thing to think is that it's McClatchy, therefore it's the Drive-By Media, therefore "Americans Overwhelmingly Pessimistic About Country's Path" cannot possibly be good news for the Regime. So you add all those things together, they take it down.  But there could be other reasons.  Maybe whoever concocted the story got it wrong. Maybe whoever put together the data got it wrong.  We won't know, but it was a frustrating thing. 

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Quite frankly - good! We have real structural problems that go back at least a couple of decades or more that we have ignored while we keep trying to live in the post-WWII glory years, and now all the chickens are in the coop.

It is time to sober up, get real, retrench, and get down to work to start reforming and rebuilding before it all collapses on top of us.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 06:46:29 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Too many people getting too fat, staying indoors on their computer too long, posting on too much facebook and social media. It tends to do that.

A-Lert

Quite frankly - good! We have real structural problems that go back at least a couple of decades or more that we have ignored while we keep trying to live in the post-WWII glory years, and now all the chickens are in the coop.

It is time to sober up, get real, retrench, and get down to work to start reforming and rebuilding before it all collapses on top of us.

Trump is the person to get the ball rolling.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Trump is the person to get the ball rolling.

Sorry bud, Trump is a blind squirrel looking for nuts.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

Sorry bud, Trump is a blind squirrel looking for nuts.

Your opinion is worth about as much as a single nut. Trump is successful, something hopefully, the GOPers could and should learn how to be.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Your opinion is worth about as much as a single nut. Trump is successful, something hopefully, the GOPers could and should learn how to be.

Bill Gates, George Soros, and Warren Buffet, to name a few, are far, FAR more successful than Trump ever will be and I wouldn't want any of them running the country.

Running a business doesn't mean you know jack about how economies or markets actually work.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

Bill Gates, George Soros, and Warren Buffet, to name a few, are far, FAR more successful than Trump ever will be and I wouldn't want any of them running the country.

Running a business doesn't mean you know jack about how economies or markets actually work.

Three liberals? Certainly you can do better than that. How many lawyers know jacksquat about how economies or markets actually work?

Offline Frank Cannon

Herbert Hoover was extremely successful in the mining industry prior to his term in the WH. He was an economic dunce when it came to the economy as shown by the Great Depression.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Three liberals? Certainly you can do better than that. How many lawyers know jacksquat about how economies or markets actually work?

That's right. Three liberals all FAR MORE SUCCESSFUL than Donald Trump at running a business and creating wealth, which by your logic means they should be far better candidates for President.

Reading is fundamental. Thanks for making my point.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

That's right. Three liberals all FAR MORE SUCCESSFUL than Donald Trump at running a business and creating wealth, which by your logic means they should be far better candidates for President.

Reading is fundamental. Thanks for making my point.

Degrees of wealth  is relevant? How? Tell me about all the lawyers who know jacksquat about how economies or markets actually work.  :silly:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Degrees of wealth  is relevant? How? Tell me about all the lawyers who know jacksquat about how economies or markets actually work.  :silly:

So then you admit that Trump being wealthy and successful has absolutely nothing to do with his ability as President?

Funny how a simple Texas lawyer can put together a ground game that is running circles around the Dealmaker.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

So then you admit that Trump being wealthy and successful has absolutely nothing to do with his ability as President?

Funny how a simple Texas lawyer can put together a ground game that is running circles around the Dealmaker.

A simple Texas lawyer? Why do you call Cruz simple? Because he is in 2nd place?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

Yet Trump can't seem to secure the nomination with all the yuge winning.

Not to mention his delegates seem to get stolen out from under his nose.

Might want to look up the word 'amateur' in your little dictionary.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

Yet Trump can't seem to secure the nomination with all the yuge winning.

Not to mention his delegates seem to get stolen out from under his nose.

Might want to look up the word 'amateur' in your little dictionary.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

Well obviously he's simple compared to the highly successful, super wealthy, winning and super sophisticated New Yorker who going to roll over and dominate the nomination process with the yuge winning.

Oh wait...
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
As usual, the thread goes off the track with arguments regarding Trump.

Maybe Rush couldn't find the article, but I did:
============================
Americans overwhelmingly pessimistic about country’s path, poll finds
Posted: 8:16 p.m.

By William Douglas, McClatchy Washington Bureau (TNS)

WASHINGTON — More than two-thirds of Americans think the country is moving in the wrong direction, the highest in nearly four and a half years, a new McClatchy-Marist Poll found.

Fully 68 percent of adults think the country is on the wrong track, while just 27 percent think things are moving in the right direction.

The last time such an overwhelming number of Americans had negative opinions of the country's direction was November 2011, when 70 percent thought that America was going the wrong way.

The numbers are marginally worse when the poll narrows to registered voters, with 71 percent sour on the country's path and 26 percent content.

The pessimistic view of the nation's direction — which spans racial, gender, age and economic lines — comes despite signs of an improving economy. Employers added 215,000 positions last month and the unemployment rate was 5 percent. But that's not enough to quell voters' concerns.

"It's the wages," said Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion, which conducted the survey.

"It's exactly the reason why so-called anti-establishment candidates are doing well. People aren't looking at the overall economic, unemployment numbers. They're not looking at the consecutive months of growth. They are feeling it in their own stagnant wages and a sense that we haven't turned the corner in terms of the block they live on. That's the frustration."

Republican voters say by 89-10 percent that the country is heading the wrong way. Independents shared the downcast view of the nation's course, 77-20 percent. Democratic voters are largely split — 49 percent thinking the nation is on the wrong track and 47 percent thinking it's on the right path.

The numbers helps explain the rise of the insurgent campaigns of Republican Donald Trump and Democratic contender Bernie Sanders, presidential candidates who have tapped into voters' anxiety about America's standing economically and globally.

On the campaign trail, Trump relentlessly reinforces the wrong-track notion, saying America isn't winning economically, in global trade or in foreign affairs.

Sanders, an independent senator from Vermont, argues that the nation is on the wrong path because it's failed to rein in Wall Street and provide a livable minimum wage to low-skilled workers.

"People are looking for change, and we've seen the emergence on both the Democratic and Republican side of candidates who certainly are nonconventional in Trump and Sanders," Miringoff said.

That frustration is shared by both ends of the income spectrum. Among registered voters with household incomes under $50,000, 66 percent think the nation is going in the wrong direction, while 27 percent say it's on the right course. In households earning more than $50,000, 70 percent said America was on the wrong track and 27 percent said things were going in the right direction.

White voters were more pessimistic, 76-20 percent, while African-Americans were divided, with 48 percent seeing America on the wrong track and 47 percent saying the country's course is fine.

"That's the Obama factor," Miringoff said. "Because of Democrats' close affinity to Obama, part of the direction of the nation, they feel, is centered on the occupant of the White House."

With immigration a focal point of the Republican presidential campaign, 63 percent of Latino voters say the country's heading the wrong way while 30 percent view it as on the right track.

The older voters are, the more they think America is headed the wrong way, the poll found. Seventy-three percent of registered voters 60 and older said the country was going the wrong way while 21 percent said it was on the right track.

Voters 18 to 29 are a little more optimistic but still offer a downcast view. Fifty-four percent say the country is on the wrong track and 36 percent say it's on the right track.

Though voters are down on the country's direction, their views of President Barack Obama are up. Fifty percent of voters approve of the job Obama is doing, up from 48 percent the last time the poll checked, in November, and the highest since April 2013.

METHODOLOGY

This survey of 1,297 adults was conducted March 29-31 by The Marist Poll sponsored and funded in partnership with McClatchy.

Adults and older residing in the contiguous United States were contacted on landline or mobile numbers and interviewed in English by telephone using live interviewers. Landline telephone numbers were randomly selected based on a list of telephone exchanges from throughout the nation from ASDE Survey Sampler Inc. The exchanges were selected to ensure that each region was represented in proportion to its population.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
'Way back in 1973, Paul Simon -- a liberal -- wrote more than he knew:
=============
"American Tune"

Many's the time I've been mistaken
And many times confused
Yes, and I've often felt forsaken
And certainly misused
But I'm all right, I'm all right
I'm just weary to my bones
Still, you don't expect to be
Bright and bon vivant
So far away from home, so far away from home

And I don't know a soul who's not been battered
I don't have a friend who feels at ease
I don't know a dream that's not been shattered
or driven to its knees
But it's all right, it's all right
For we've lived so well so long
Still, when I think of the road we're traveling on
I wonder what's gone wrong
I can't help it, I wonder what's gone wrong

And I dreamed I was dying
I dreamed that my soul rose unexpectedly
And looking back down at me
Smiled reassuringly
And I dreamed I was flying
And high up above my eyes could clearly see
The Statue of Liberty
Sailing away to sea
And I dreamed I was flying

We come on the ship they call the Mayflower
We come on the ship that sailed the moon
We come in the age's most uncertain hour
and sing an American tune
But it's all right, it's all right
You can't be forever blessed
Still, tomorrow's going to be another working day
And I'm trying to get some rest
That's all, I'm trying to get some rest

Recorded at Carnegie Hall, June 3, 1973 (I was there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKNCnKxrTfg