Author Topic: Madalyn Murray O'Hair's Son: We ‘Sacrifice Babies to Moloch Today' and 'Call It Family Planning'  (Read 783 times)

rangerrebew

Madalyn Murray O'Hair's Son: We ‘Sacrifice Babies to Moloch Today' and 'Call It Family Planning'

William J. Murray III, a Baptist minister, author, and the son of infamous atheist Madalyn Murray O’Hair, said that just as some people in the past sacrificed infants to the demonic “god” Moloch for “financial luck,” so too do some people “sacrifice babies to Moloch today” through abortion “for the financial good of the family,” and call it “family planning.”

Towards the end of a March 18 interview on The Dove TV’s Focus Today [1]show,  Murray and host Perry Atkinson discussed how religious freedom is being attacked in the United States and how clear and factual information about what is happening is difficult to discern, especially given the liberal media’s hostility toward Christianity.

“The propaganda as to what you’re allowed to do and what is religious freedom and what isn’t religious freedom, and what society deems as being proper and right” is deliberately obfuscated, said Murray, who broke from his mother’s militant atheism, became a born again Christian in 1980, and now runs the Religious Freedom Coalition [2].

"There was a period in Israel after King David, where making sacrifices of infants and burying them at your doorstep in order to bring good financial luck to the family was an acceptable thing to do,” said Murray.

“I mean, there were actually some people worshiping Moloch,” he said.  “Just because society is doing it or society is approving it doesn't make it right."

"By the way, we still sacrifice babies to Moloch today for the financial good of the family,” said Murray.  “We call it family planning and say, 'Well, if we abort this baby, the family will be better financially, so it's okay.'”

“It really is the same thing as the sacrifices that were done to Moloch several thousand years ago,” said Murray, the author of several books, including My Life Without God [3],  the Church is Not For Perfect People, and Utopian Road to Hell [4].

Moloch is mentioned several times in the Old Testament. In Leviticus 18, the Lord God instructs Moses on how the Israelites are to behave morally and in specific circumstances. In verse 21, he says, “You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the Lord.”

In Leviticus 20, the Lord orders Moses to tell the Israelites, “Any man from the sons of Israel or from the aliens sojourning in Israel who gives any of his offspring to Molech, shall surely be put to death; the people of the land shall stone him with stones.

“I will also set My face against that man and will cut him off from among his people, because he has given some of his offspring to Molech, so as to defile My sanctuary and to profane My holy name.

“If the people of the land, however, should ever disregard that man when he gives any of his offspring to Molech, so as not to put him to death, then I Myself will set My face against that man and against his family, and I will cut off from among their people both him and all those who play the harlot after him, by playing the harlot after Molech.”

William J. Murray’s mother, Madalyn Murray O’Hair was a militant atheist who challenged required prayer and Bible reading in the public schools, which led to the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in her favor in 1963. O’Hair founded the American Atheists group and was its president from 1963 to 1986.

Because of the court case, O’Hair attained notoriety and was frequently interviewed on radio and television over the years.

In 1995, O’Hair, her son Jon Garth Murray, and her granddaughter Robin were kidnapped, murdered, and mutilated by a former employee of American Atheists. Their dismembered bodies were discovered buried on a ranch in Texas in 2001.
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/madalyn-murray-ohairs-son-we-sacrifice-babies-moloch-today-money-reasons-call

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Reading this story, one might contemplate how from such evil, can spring good ...

Offline Rodrigo

I often wonder, when Madalyn's former atheist employees came for her and her family with their strangling cords, chain saws and sledge hammers, did she say...."OH MY GOD!" or OH MY ME!"

Offline musiclady

"By the way, we still sacrifice babies to Moloch today for the financial good of the family,” said Murray.  “We call it family planning and say, 'Well, if we abort this baby, the family will be better financially, so it's okay.'”

“It really is the same thing as the sacrifices that were done to Moloch several thousand years ago,” said Murray

He's got a very valid point here.  What is the difference?  If there is any, it's not significant.

We, in America, are sacrificing our children to the gods of wealth and self-interest.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GourmetDan

“It really is the same thing as the sacrifices that were done to Moloch several thousand years ago,” said Murray, the author of several books, including My Life Without God [3],  the Church is Not For Perfect People, and Utopian Road to Hell [4].

He's exactly right about that...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I often wonder, when Madalyn's former atheist employees came for her and her family with their strangling cords, chain saws and sledge hammers, did she say...."OH MY GOD!" or OH MY ME!"
Probably closer to "Oh, crud." (Except it wasn't crud she said.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

Must have been a real The Texas Chain Saw Massacre