Author Topic: Shock: Ted Cruz Takes Lead in Reuters Poll Over Donald Trump for First Time  (Read 505 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/04/05/shock-ted-cruz-takes-reuters-poll-lead-1st-time/

by Mike Flynn5 Apr 2016

For the first time in the Republican primary, Reuters’ tracking poll shows Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
leading Donald Trump among likely voters in the Republican primaries.

This is also the first time Donald Trump hasn’t led the tracking poll in 2016.

Cruz has the support of 39 percent of likely Republican voters nationwide, just ahead of Donald Trump, who has 37 percent support. Ohio Governor John Kasich is a distant third, with 23 percent support.

In the broader survey of all Republicans, rather than likely voters, Trump still has a four-point lead. This, however, is sharply down from the 28-point lead he enjoyed in the middle of March.

Trump’s current support among Republican likely voters is the lowest since the end of February, when Jeb Bush, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)and Ben Carson were still in the race. Since the race narrowed to three remaining candidates, Trump has enjoyed the support of almost half of Republican voters, or 45 percent.

Trump’s collapse in the Reuters tracking poll began on March 26, when the GOP frontrunner topped out at 48 percent support. Since then, Trump has lost 13 points of support. He gained two points back in today’s tracking poll.

The Reuters tracking poll is based on a five-day rolling average of results. Each day, a new round of daily interviews are added to the tracking poll, while older interviews are dropped from the tracking poll. As a result, there can be daily blips in the poll. The overall trend, however, is unmistakable. Trump has lost a considerable amount of support in the past two weeks and Cruz’s support has surged.

The drop in Trump’s support came just days after he retweeted an unflattering photograph of Cruz’s wife, Heidi. In the following days, the campaigns engaged in a war of words over the candidates’ spouses. Trump also angered many on both sides of the abortion debate when he said in an interview that women who get abortions should be legally punished. The Trump campaign later clarified his remarks.

The drop in support for Trump comes at a critical time in his campaign. While he leads the overall race for delegates, there are growing questions over whether he will be able to secure the minimum 1,237 delegates necessary to win the nomination on the first ballot.

With an expected loss in the Wisconsin primary on April 5, Trump already faced a narrow road to avoid a brokered convention. If his support in national polls doesn’t rebound, that road will become almost impassible.

Up to this point, Trump’s campaign has been predicated, largely, on his lead in the polls. His drop in the Reuters tracking, which he has led throughout the campaign, may force his campaign to alter its message.

The few states remaining to vote are critical to Trump’s hopes of securing the nomination before the convention. How he responds to a possible drop in support, and the reasons behind that drop, may allow him to reboot his campaign. Or, it could foreshadow a long, hot summer in Cleveland this July.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Looks like Trump is falling.  Cruz is crushing him in Wisconsin and it looks as if Evangelicals are overwhelmingly going to Cruz.  Can't say I am surprised.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Go Cruz!

Offline musiclady

Looks like Trump is falling.  Cruz is crushing him in Wisconsin and it looks as if Evangelicals are overwhelmingly going to Cruz.  Can't say I am surprised.

I'm not either.  Reality had to set in eventually, and people had to start realizing that Trump was a loser...... in every imaginable way.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I'm not either.  Reality had to set in eventually, and people had to start realizing that Trump was a loser...... in every imaginable way.

It is nice to see Evangelicals turning out for Cruz.  I never understood how Christians could vote for Trump.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

It is nice to see Evangelicals turning out for Cruz.  I never understood how Christians could vote for Trump.

I think some believed so-called Christian leaders who endorsed him..... like Falwell Jr. from Liberty.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think some believed so-called Christian leaders who endorsed him..... like Falwell Jr. from Liberty.

IMHO I'm not so sure that Trump didn't make a huge contribution to Liberty University or Falwell Jr.  Trump may be a Christian but he falls far from being an Evangelical.

I am relieved that voters are coming to their senses; however, WI is just one state.  The significance of winning Wisconsin is that it is an open primary state where Trump has done extremely well in the past primaries.  Cruz has an uphill battle, but if anyone can beat the odds it's him. 

Ted Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America!!!    :patriot:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

IMHO I'm not so sure that Trump didn't make a huge contribution to Liberty University or Falwell Jr.  Trump may be a Christian but he falls far from being an Evangelical.

I am relieved that voters are coming to their senses; however, WI is just one state.  The significance of winning Wisconsin is that it is an open primary state where Trump has done extremely well in the past primaries.  Cruz has an uphill battle, but if anyone can beat the odds it's him. 

Ted Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America!!!    :patriot:

All I know is that I'm more encouraged than ever after last night that the scourge against Conservatism..... Donald Trump......... will ultimately be defeated, and that it will be Ted Cruz who does it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Those of us who know what Cruz stands for and has accomplished in the past are not "shocked".