Author Topic: Global Military Spending Is on the Rise for the First Time in Several Years  (Read 326 times)

rangerrebew

Global Military Spending Is on the Rise for the First Time in Several Years
Hannah Gold

http://gawker.com/global-military-spending-is-on-the-rise-for-the-first-t-1769042537

Yesterday 11:25pmFiled to: military spending

As international conflict reaches dizzying levels of violence and complexity, countries around the world are spending an unprecedented amount on their militaries.

Global military spending rose to $1.7 trillion in 2015, the first worldwide increase since 2011, the Associated Press reports. The United States, of course, spent the most on defense—$596 billion, to be exact. (That’s nearly three times the amount paid by the next biggest spender, China.)

The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, which conducted the study, attributes the risings costs to several global conflicts including the Saudi-led war in Yemen, battles against the Islamic state, and regional fears about Iran.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:07:01 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Imagine what humanity could accomplish if it was enlightened enough to stop killing itself and instead used those resources for good.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

rangerrebew

Imagine what humanity could accomplish if it was enlightened enough to stop killing itself and instead used those resources for good.

I guess it depends on your definition of "good." :whistle: