General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

Johnny Depp Scheduled to Speak at Atheist Rally in Washington, D.C.

(1/3) > >>

rangerrebew:

Johnny Depp Scheduled to Speak at Atheist Rally in Washington, D.C.

The Religion News Service is reporting [1]that actor Johnny Depp is scheduled to speak at the Reason Rally, a gathering [2]of atheists and secularists scheduled take place June 4 in Washington, D.C.

The Reason Rally website describes the event this way:

Reason Rally 2016 is a celebration of fact-driven public policy, the value of critical thinking, and the voting power of secular Americans. The Rally will be held June 4, 2016, at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC, along with a number of ancillary events at nearby hotels. Such events include two days of lobbying (we’re scheduling visits with all 535 congressional offices!), a pre-party and after parties, a Sunday mini-conference, and several VIP events.

In a 2011 interview [3] with Larry King, Depp, star of "Pirates of the Caribbean" and the forthcoming "Alice Through the Looking Glass," was asked about religion and said the following:

I have faith in my kids. Yeah, I have faith in my kids. And I have, I have faith, you know, as long as you keep moving forward, just keep walking forward things will be alright, I suppose, you know. Faith in terms of religion, I don't, religion is not my specialty.

The Washington Post noted [4]that other speakers include television personality Bill Nye, scientists Lawrence Krauss and Carolyn Porco, comedians Margaret Cho and Julia Sweeney and musicians Killah Priest and Mark White of the Spin Doctors.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/blog/mark-judge/johnny-depp-scheduled-speak-atheist-rally-washington-dc

mountaineer:
A lineup of real heavy hitters to say, essentially, "There is no God ... and I hate Him."

Free Vulcan:
It amazes me how people who don't seem to believe in anything can gather together at a rally to hype their cause.

andy58-in-nh:
If someone in that crowd were to sneeze, and the person next to them said "bless you", would that be considered a hate crime?

jmyrlefuller:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on April 05, 2016, 02:35:51 pm ---It amazes me how people who don't seem to believe in anything can gather together at a rally to hype their cause.

--- End quote ---
Oh, they have a cause—to gather around and congratulate themselves for being so much smarter and more moral than those stupid Christians!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version