Author Topic: Ivana Trump: We need immigrants to clean for us  (Read 1242 times)

Offline sinkspur

Ivana Trump: We need immigrants to clean for us
« on: April 03, 2016, 10:40:17 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/275032-ivana-trump-we-need-immigrants-to-clean-for-us#.VwGJ95_5lB0.twitter

April 03, 2016, 02:11 pm

Ivana Trump: We need immigrants to clean for us

By Caitlin Yilek

Donald Trump’s ex-wife defended the Republican presidential front-runner’s immigration policies in an interview published in Sunday's New York Post.

Ivana Trump said the first step for America to regain respect is adopting the billionaire’s immigration policies.

“And I’m an immigrant,” said Ivana, who was born in the Czech Republic.

“As long as you come here legally and get a proper job … we need immigrants. Who’s going to vacuum our living rooms and clean up after us? Americans don’t like to do that,” she added.

The Republican presidential front-runner's first wife insisted she has “nothing against Mexicans.”

“But if they [come] here — like this 19-year-old, she’s pregnant, she crossed over a wall that’s this high. She gives birth in American hospital, which is for free. The child becomes American automatically,” she said. “She brings the whole family, she doesn’t pay the taxes, she doesn’t have a job, she gets housing, she gets the food stamps. Who’s paying? You and me.”

Donald Trump has promised throughout his presidential campaign to build a wall at the U.S.-Mexico border and make Mexico pay for it.

When he announced his candidacy in June, he infamously referred to undocumented immigrants from Mexico as “rapists,” drawing strong backlash.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Ivana Trump: We need immigrants to clean for us
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 10:44:06 pm »
Between Ivana and Ben Carson ("there's probably somebody better"), Trump's got a couple of winners campaigning for him, doesn't he?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 10:48:43 pm »
I have known several American women that do housekeeping.  An excellent job too with many clients.  But I scrub my own toilets.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 10:50:45 pm »
Ah, come on, Sink.  Take a breath.    **nononono*

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 10:53:02 pm »
This old bat shouldn't worry. They will be plenty of scullery maids if Donny wins. He is all for Touch Back Amnesty. Remember, the wall will have a great big beautiful door in it without a lock.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 10:54:03 pm »
But I scrub my own toilets.

Doesn't that defeat the point of a cleaning lady?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 10:59:25 pm »
Doesn't that defeat the point of a cleaning lady?

I only know them.  I don't employ them.  Maybe if I win the lottery.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 11:05:28 pm »
So that's why Cruz wanted to increase immigration! :facepalm2:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 11:52:27 pm »
No wonder Trump divorced her.  She thinks we need immigrants to clean up for the wealthy.  Trump knows we can have the blacks do that.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 12:03:43 am »
  But I scrub my own toilets.

I don't put the seat down. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 01:12:55 am »
I don't put the seat down.

Bad manners

Bill Cipher

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 01:44:38 am »
Wow.  Hear that sound?  It's the sound of most immigrants slamming the door shut on any possibility of voting for Trump.

I can't wait to see how Clinton's people use this winner of a statement.  A picture of Ivana the idly rich, next to a picture of a hard-working immigrant, with Ivana's statement in black and white.

Every time Trump or one of his supporters opens their mouth, another gem for the DNC pops out.