Author Topic: Mark Belling Nails It ... Podcast worth a listen  (Read 2512 times)

Offline ArneFufkin

Mark Belling Nails It ... Podcast worth a listen
« on: March 31, 2016, 02:19:08 pm »
Wisconsin, under the leadership of Scott Walker and the GOP legislature, has been a real Conservative success story.   

Trump went in front of one of his usual clueless mobs of hooting and hollerin' yahoos on Monday and trashed the GOP's record of accomplishments there.  He elicited boos from an alleged Republican crowd for their successful Republican Governor and Legislature.

Mark Belling, a very popular and influential talk show host at WISN-1130 in Milwaukee, captured my anger toward this orange buffoon perfectly in the Podcast below.   It's 15 minutes, but wholly worthwhile to listen to in order to understand why many of us find Donald Trump an absolute non-starter as a Republican Presidential candidate in 2016.   He's not a conservative.  He's not even a Republican.

http://www.newstalk1130.com/media/play/26863153/

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Mark Belling Nails It ... Podcast worth a listen
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 01:16:58 pm »
Mark Belling crushes it.  In 18 minutes, he pulls back the curtain on Donald Trump.  But not only that, Belling exposes the absolute disregard and harm Trump has done and is doing to the progress being made against liberalism and leftists.  Rant all you want about the largely faceless, nameless GOP establishment but Wisconsin has been ground zero for defeating LEFTISTS!  LEFTISTS!

Wisconsin has:

-- Become a right to work state.  Defeated public unions
-- Overcome its deficit and balanced its budget each of the last 5 years
-- Implemented voter ID laws
-- Defeated a brutal recall of Governor Walker and many legislators
-- Defeated absentee Democrats and massive demonstrations
-- Act 10 survived all the way through 3 years of litigation and the Wisconsin Supreme Court
-- Act 10 - Wisconsin Budget Repair Bill erased a $3.6 billion deficit
-- Lowered income taxes and business taxes

Wisconsin Republicans have a fragile hold on control.  But, they have been UNIFIED for crissakes!

And Donald Trump says they are WRONG!  Donald Trump speaks up against all it!  He gives the Left ammunition!  What a selfish misguided twit!  Ground zero Wisconsin!  The absolute focal point of conservative vs. liberal governance.

Donald Trump, good God!  You sir, are a selfish, uninformed moron.  The harm you have done is real.

Yeah, Trump will stand up to the Establishment.  What a joke.  He just thrust his spear deep into the side of Conservative governance. 

And now the Queen of idiocy from the right, Sarah Palin, is in my home state espousing Conservative ideals and stumping for the guy.  Palaver for idiots.

I pray my dear home state of Wisconsin does the right thing.  But, it is an open primary state.  Those who give Trump a shot there will vote for Bernie/Hillary in November. 

5 minutes of deep thought and no one, no one, should come to a different conclusion.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:33:41 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 01:56:02 pm »
I agree, Wisconsin is ground zero.   Wisconsin is one state where Republicans have shown how conservative governance can work, and appeal to a diverse majority.   Where, it appears,  that conservative talk radio contributes to the responsible public discussion,  and hasn't descended into whoredom. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 01:59:01 pm »
Scott Walker was a guy who could have caved at any point. It would have been very easy. But he stood up the unions, to the protesters, etc.

And he was professional about it the entire time. We need more Scott Walkers, less Donald Trumps.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 02:02:52 pm »
Listening now, this is amazing Trump just elected Democrats in the fall in Wisconsin.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 02:11:22 pm »
What he said at the 14 min mark was well worth the wait.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 02:17:27 pm »
I'm seething over this.  My liberal and public unionista relatives in Wisconsin are absolutely gleeful over this.  Their coffee shop laughter and condescending mockery of this is all I can bear.  Over this.  This!  THEY are voting Trump!  Can you imagine?  I can't, can't...

Heaven help us.
John Steinbeck

Bill Cipher

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 02:18:32 pm »
Dump the Rump Chump

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 03:28:43 pm »
That was worth listening to.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 06:04:17 pm »
It's time for Cruz to take the gloves off and start the skull busting and kneecap breaking. A real political scrum down on the issues, using Walker's record to expose Trump. Let's see how much of a tough guy Trump really is.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 04:32:34 am »
Mark Belling crushes it.  In 18 minutes, he pulls back the curtain on Donald Trump.  But not only that, Belling exposes the absolute disregard and harm Trump has done and is doing to the progress being made against liberalism and leftists.  Rant all you want about the largely faceless, nameless GOP establishment but Wisconsin has been ground zero for defeating LEFTISTS!  LEFTISTS!

Wisconsin has:

-- Become a right to work state.  Defeated public unions
-- Overcome its deficit and balanced its budget each of the last 5 years
-- Implemented voter ID laws
-- Defeated a brutal recall of Governor Walker and many legislators
-- Defeated absentee Democrats and massive demonstrations
-- Act 10 survived all the way through 3 years of litigation and the Wisconsin Supreme Court
-- Act 10 - Wisconsin Budget Repair Bill erased a $3.6 billion deficit
-- Lowered income taxes and business taxes

Wisconsin Republicans have a fragile hold on control.  But, they have been UNIFIED for crissakes!

And Donald Trump says they are WRONG!  Donald Trump speaks up against all it!  He gives the Left ammunition!  What a selfish misguided twit!  Ground zero Wisconsin!  The absolute focal point of conservative vs. liberal governance.

Donald Trump, good God!  You sir, are a selfish, uninformed moron.  The harm you have done is real.

Yeah, Trump will stand up to the Establishment.  What a joke.  He just thrust his spear deep into the side of Conservative governance. 

And now the Queen of idiocy from the right, Sarah Palin, is in my home state espousing Conservative ideals and stumping for the guy.  Palaver for idiots.

I pray my dear home state of Wisconsin does the right thing.  But, it is an open primary state.  Those who give Trump a shot there will vote for Bernie/Hillary in November. 

5 minutes of deep thought and no one, no one, should come to a different conclusion.

Really great post Lando.  You wrote what I'm thinking.  :beer:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 01:26:47 pm »
Thanks O-L.   :beer:
John Steinbeck