Author Topic: Rush: Brazen, Open Attacks on the Constitution  (Read 305 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Brazen, Open Attacks on the Constitution
« on: April 02, 2016, 12:22:54 am »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/04/01/brazen_open_attacks_on_the_constitution

Brazen, Open Attacks on the Constitution
April 01, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here's Tony in Philadelphia.  Great that you waited, sir.  Welcome to the EIB Network.  Hi.

CALLER:  Hi, Rush.  It is an absolute honor to speak to you from the birthplace of our nation, Philadelphia. Thank you very much for taking my call.

RUSH:  You bet, sir.

CALLER:  To get to my point, you had mentioned something earlier in the show, way, way in the beginning that I think is foundational to any thought for a conservative and for a liberal and I think what basically separates us, and that's this.  Democrats -- and please correct me if I get you wrong anywhere -- but the Democrats want to change the country in a way that not only relativizes the Constitution, but delegitimizes it, basically rendering it unnecessary.  Is that correct?

RUSH:  Yeah, short of being able to erase it, to basically render it irrelevant, on the basis that it is immoral and illegitimate because it was written by racists, it was written by wealthy white guys, whatever, everything they could do, particularly the Bill of Rightsm First Amendment.  If they could rewrite those or somehow make those irrelevant in people's minds, if they can attack the First Amendment, they can attack the Second Amendment, free speech, freedom of religion, freedom to assemble, I mean, that would be 50% of their ball game right there.  And they're succeeding, they're succeeding against religion and speech.  Religion generally; speech on college campuses.

CALLER:  Yeah, well, I'm gonna go further than you, Rush, and I'm gonna say that's basically the foundational principle for their thought.  And it's really I think a lot of, and I think you would agree with me, all those things about, you know, they were racist, they were homophobic. I've even heard that, you know, it's old and outdated, those are just smoke screens.  They absolutely hate the Constitution.  They cannot stand it.  And the reason why I believe that's the truth is because the Constitution limits their power.  It says no, the power doesn't rely on the government; the power lies in the people.

And for them it's all about power.  It's all about power.  Now, me as a conservative -- now, unfortunately, of course, as you've pointed out earlier, under the Obama administration, that process has been greatly accelerated, and that is very unfortunate.  And I, as a conservative, just to speak to the passion that you were talking about just a few seconds ago, I, as a passionate conservative, want this not only to be stopped, but reversed.  I think there needs to be a massive recheck, a recheck that brings us back to the Constitution, that reverses everything that Obama has done, not just Obama, but with the establishment Republicans have allowed and vacillated on and promoted --

RUSH:  Well, you know, let me tell you something, you're right about two things.  You're right, number one, that all we ever do is talk about stopping things, and the reason is because we're overwhelmed.  We wake up every day and we learn of a new assault that they are making on everything we used to consider as normal and happy and fun and okay and not problematic.  We wake up every day and find out there's a bunch of miserable, agitated, angry people who think that they're being discriminated against for whatever reason or other, and they are launching daily assaults on our core beliefs.

originalSo we marshal forces to just stop it.  There isn't even time to think about reversing or advancing any of this.  And I agree, that's gotta happen.  The second thing you're right about is your interpretation of their view of Constitution.  They hate it precisely because it limits government.  They even admit this.  Their intellectuals write things. Starting way back in FDR, they wanted a second Bill of Rights that establish the powers of the government.  This isn't even taught anymore.  The proper role of the Constitution, that's why Hillsdale is doing all that they're doing, giving free courses online, advertising them here on this program.  They're desperate to spread the word of the Constitution because it's not being properly taught.

The Constitution was written specifically to limit government.  The founders knew all too well what the natural tendency of government and bureaucracy is.  It is to grow, to smother, to assume power, never relinquish it.  It's the end of freedom.  The only way government can grow is to deny liberty and freedom as often as possible, under the guise, of course, of expanding it.  It's all a big lie.  There's this guy named, I keep forgetting his name.  He's the husband of Samantha Power.  He's a big lawyer, weird name.  It'll come to me in just a second. He has actually written, and people debate this intellectually, that the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties.

I remember when I first heard that, some think tank people were explaining this.  "What do you mean, charter of negative liberties?"  Cass Sunstein.  That's right.  What kind of perverted mind looks at the Constitution as a charter of negative liberties?  They took me through it, said, "Well, all it does is limit government."  From the standpoint of a pro-big government authoritarian, tyrannical thinking type human being, the Constitution is an enemy document. Its liberties as to government are negative, because all it does is tell government what it can't do.

It can't stop free speech. It can't stop people worshiping. It can't stop people using guns to protect themselves. It can't stop this, it can't stop that.  And they hate it, because it is a direct assault on their quest for power.  And it's not even something secret.  They're open about it now.  And because education has been so woefully corrupted, a bunch of young people have no idea what the Constitution really is, and it's a foreign language when they hear it limits government.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34