Author Topic: Present at the Destruction; GOP may not survive Trump nomination  (Read 1483 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Present at the Destruction; GOP may not survive Trump nomination
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2016, 10:42:51 pm »
Ronald Reagan; "
    “Within our tent, there will be many arguments and divisions over approach and method and even those we choose to implement our philosophy.  Seldom, if ever, will we raise a cheer signifying unanimous approval of the decisions reached.  But if our philosophy is to prevail, we must at least pledge unified support of the ultimate decision.  Unity does not require unanimity of thought.”

The Republican party has been, in my lifetime:

In favor of NATO
Against punitive trade tariffs
Not in favor of punishing women who procure abortions
Against nuclear proliferation
Not preventing immigration of a religious group
Not neutral on the Israel-Palestinian question

These are core conservative beliefs. Donald Trump opposes every one of them.  So, you tell me if we have to welcome him and his supporters into the GOP tent.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

Re: Present at the Destruction; GOP may not survive Trump nomination
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2016, 10:59:23 pm »
The Republican party has been, in my lifetime:

In favor of NATO
Against punitive trade tariffs
Not in favor of punishing women who procure abortions
Against nuclear proliferation
Not preventing immigration of a religious group
Not neutral on the Israel-Palestinian question

These are core conservative beliefs. Donald Trump opposes every one of them.  So, you tell me if we have to welcome him and his supporters into the GOP tent.

The world changes, people change and places change. There has yet to be a POTUS who was or became a dictator.

No religious group had ever flown passenger airliners into buildings in the US.

NATO, why is it our responsibility to provide disproportionately the funding, infrastructure, equipment and manpower?

Stupid trade deals that don't benefit  US citizens  should be corrected. We've already surrendered too much.

Your punishing women schtick is unadulterated bull sh*t.

So are your lies about what Trump does or doesn't support.

The New York Times who conducted a lengthy interview about foreign policy with Trump concluded that he approaches "almost every current international conflict through the prism of a negotiation."

For the most part, Trump thinks the United States has been getting the bad end of the bargain.

"You look at what the world is doing to us at every level, whether it's militarily or in trade or so many other levels, the world is taking advantage of the United States," Trump told CNN. "And it's driving us into literally being a third-world nation."