Author Topic: Hannity Says He’s Been Unable to Book Hour Special With Cruz for Last 10 Days  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Hannity Says He’s Been Unable to Book Hour Special With Cruz for Last 10 Days
The Blaze; Oliver Darcy; Apr 1, 2016

Fox News host Sean Hannity said on Thursday night that he had been unable to book an hour-special with Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz on his program for the last 10 days.

The conservative personality made the announcement amid accusations from Twitter followers that he was only giving airtime to billionaire Donald Trump.

Hannity said he has been trying to give the Texas senator a full hour on his cable-news show, but was told by his campaign “they could not make it work.”

A spokesperson for the Cruz campaign did note that the senator was on Hannity’s program Monday. That interview lasted about 12 minutes.

However, before that interview aired, Cruz raid response director Brian Phillips suggested it might have been the candidate’s last appearance on the show.

Later, a Fox News spokesperson told CNN that Hannity spoke with the Cruz campaign after and made peace.

Cruz has suggested in the last few months that the media is, in part, responsible for the rise of Trump. He has cited a statistic from MediaQuant which found that Trump has received nearly $2 billion in free media this election cycle.

Cruz tried to make that argument during a CNN town hall earlier this week, but was met with a sharp rebuttal form host Anderson Cooper.

“How many hours of free media does CNN and Fox and every other station — you let him call in. And for a year he got $2 billion in free media,” Cruz said at the time.

“We’ve asked you for interviews pretty much every day and you’ve declined every offer on my program,” Cooper shot back.

Cooper and Hannity are not the only members of the media to express frustration booking Cruz. Earlier this year, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly said he had been trying to book the Texas senator for weeks to no avail. Cruz later appeared on his program.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/04/01/hannity-says-hes-been-unable-to-book-cruz-for-last-10-days/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If I were Cruz's campaign manager I would advise him not to go on either. Trump and Twitter are giving him all the free press he needs.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

If I were Cruz's campaign manager I would advise him not to go on either. Trump and Twitter are giving him all the free press he needs.

I agree. Last couple times Cruz was on the radio with him, Sean kept talking about Trump. Hell, most of his show anymore is an infomercial for Donny. Cruz is doing just fine going directly to the voters in Primary states.

Offline ArneFufkin

Just to be certain all attempts to salvage Trump's sinking ship are made,  Ailes is sending The Donald sycophant Greta to Wisconsin for a Sunday evening "Town Meeting" too.   

So, Trump is getting two free hours of a campaign rally on FNC the two nights before the Primary.

"Fair and Balanced" my ass.

Offline sinkspur

Hannity ALWAYS gives Trump a full hour the night before a primary.  Apart from the Cruz issue, Hannity favors Trump more than any other host on FOXNEWS, for sure.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Just to be certain all attempts to salvage Trump's sinking ship are made,  Ailes is sending The Donald sycophant Greta to Wisconsin for a Sunday evening "Town Meeting" too.   

So, Trump is getting two free hours of a campaign rally on FNC the two nights before the Primary.

"Fair and Balanced" my ass.

Assuming that your ass has two cheeks, it is in fact more balanced than FOX News has been this electoral cycle.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline ArneFufkin

Assuming that your ass has two cheeks, it is in fact more balanced than FOX News has been this electoral cycle.

Hello my old friend!

You know, after I wrote that I thought "Actually, I'm quite symmetrical". 

Wingnut

Hannity has Trump Bug Fever.   Cruz would never get a fair shake on his show.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Hannity's first question to Cruz would be "why are you tying to steal Donald Trump's nomination?"
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Wingnut

Hannity's first question to Cruz would be "why are you tying to steal Donald Trump's nomination?"

Followed by: How many affairs have you had exactly.

Offline musiclady

Not even close.  Sean is in love.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

A-Lert

Now you are concerned about fairness? You don't believe Cruz, a lawyer, US Senator and Constitutional scholar could handle Hannity?

Offline Frank Cannon

Now you are concerned about fairness? You don't believe Cruz, a lawyer, US Senator and Constitutional scholar could handle Hannity?

Getting into pointless arguments isn't how you get votes and delegates as Trump is finding out. Getting your message to the voters without the MSM is how you do it as Cruz is showing in UT and WI.

As Reagan demonstrated, you don't need the MSM to win.

Followed by: How many affairs have you had exactly.

Nah ... Hannity would never ask that. 

But I could see Hannity saying something like:  "Let's clear this up once and for all; let's put it behind you.  Yes, or no:  Have you ever been unfaithful to your wife?"

And that, IMHO is a fair question--one Ted Cruz will run from for the rest of his life.   :shrug:

Getting into pointless arguments isn't how you get votes and delegates as Trump is finding out. Getting your message to the voters without the MSM is how you do it as Cruz is showing in UT and WI.  As Reagan demonstrated, you don't need the MSM to win.

There's  nothing wrong with that opinion.  The problem is Cruz does not agree with you.  He's very fond of whining about how much time the media gives to Donald Trump  From the article posted: 

Cruz has suggested in the last few months that the media is, in part, responsible for the rise of Trump. He has cited a statistic from MediaQuant which found that Trump has received nearly $2 billion in free media this election cycle.

Cruz tried to make that argument during a CNN town hall earlier this week, but was met with a sharp rebuttal form host Anderson Cooper.

“How many hours of free media does CNN and Fox and every other station — you let him call in. And for a year he got $2 billion in free media,” Cruz said at the time.

Cruz wants the media attention, but now he has to control the media's focus.   Trashing Donald Trump will give Cruz cover for just so long. 

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:12:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »